Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Arcade [v2]

+7
Burnin' Bunnies
Truthseeker4449
returnofmastercrazyhand
Caprizant
TheCapsFan
Kaede Akamatsu
Meyneth
11 posters

Page 28 of 67 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Go down

The Galactic Arcade [v2] - Page 28 Empty Re: The Galactic Arcade [v2]

Post by Guest 8th November 2014, 12:54 pm

Truthseeker4449 wrote:
jokool wrote:Oh, I should mention that looking into the third game at all will spoil just about everything from the first and second games...
Probably Already Too Late.

Spoilers for the Third Game:

That one you can live with.

Admittedly when I first saw an ad for the third game back when it was first coming out or was in the final stages of development, the ad had an older Dragon I was 99% sure was Spyro and a similarly aged pink/light purple dragon beside him. I assumed this was Ember, from A Hero's Tail. Wikipedia told me otherwise the other day when I was researching the first game a bit.

...That might be a bit of a bigger spoiler you found...
Really? Seems to be the same one.

In that case, you didn't find the bigger spoiler apparently.

One other thing: As someone who's played a few other Spyro games, how would you compare it to them? I've only played one other Spyro game before these, and it wasn't the best one to start off with...
Never played that one. As for how different... Oh man where to start... How about game mechanics. Legend of Spyro threw away the previously established mechanics of One Hit Kill Breath Attacks and Charging. Historically Spyro has infinite breath uses. In previous games, Spyro could still turn pretty well while charging, in this game Spyro can barely turn.

Yeah, I heard that the mechanics were much different. Makes me wonder if I'll be utterly confused if I ever play one of the original games...

Sparx's color in previous games represented Spyro's health. Gold was full health, Blue was the next step down, and Green was the last one before Sparx disappeared. A Hero's Tail had an upgrade that gave Sparx a red stage before disappearing. Sparx also didn't talk much as he does in Legend of Spyro and definitely not like he does in this incarnation. He also looked much more like a IRL dragonfly and often had a special accent or language given to him to help emphasize he is a dragonfly.

This sounds like Sparx from Spyro Orange, so I guess that game had some of the original stuff in it, just in a 2D environment.

The breath upgrading system is completely new, but Spyro has had multiple breaths in previous games. Shooting fireballs is not a completely new idea, A Hero's Tail had Secondary Armaments that went along with a primitive targeting system (just crosshairs that appeared in a first person view). I don't use them much, until I get the Ice Missiles as they are extremely useful in the last Realm of the game, The Volcanic Island. No, seriously, the fire monsters on the Molten Mount maps are a huge pain in the ass if you don't kill them from a distance.

Word of advice for the breaths: For the Dante's Freezer level, upgrade the electricity breath as much as you can so you can just fling enemies off one of the many cliffs you'll run into. Best way to get through some of those areas. I won't spoil what other breaths you get, but don't bother with the third one.... It's not that great. Save up for the last breath you get. It's absolutely wicked when fully upgraded, especially the secondary attack.

Oh, and the other games have the same elements for the attacks, but they're completely different attacks. Some are changed in a good way, others.....not so much....

Horn Dive is not a new combo for Spyro, it's actually essential for progressing the plot in A Hero's Tail and you can upgrade it with a larger shockwave to make it more useful (which also happens to be the most expensive upgrade in the game at 10,000 Gems). Pretty much all other forms of Melee combat, except for the nerfed charging, in Legend of Spyro is new. Historical Aerial Combat was restricted to breath attacks for the most part.

If I remember correctly, the main attacks I used were just mashing the circle button, sometimes knocking enemies in the air and finishing them that way (sometimes trying to knock them into other enemies, but that could be very tricky), and using the breath attacks when I had enough energy.

Sustained flight is actually not all that new, the original Spyro game had special realms where you could fly around in a time challenge and I know this returned in Enter The Dragonfly (widely considered the worst installment in the franchise, though as I cast my mind back to when I put some effort into this game, it had some interesting mini games like operating tanks, planes, and UFOs). In A Hero's Tail, these challenges were passed off to St. Byrd and I presume they were also given to him in the game he originally appeared in.

The flying in the first two games is a bit lackluster for me. The third game will blow your mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 8th November 2014, 1:19 pm

jokool wrote:Yeah, I heard that the mechanics were much different. Makes me wonder if I'll be utterly confused if I ever play one of the original games...
It'll probably take a little bit to adjust, but as long as you don't try to play the games one after the other or at once, you should be fine. The most common swap is charge and breath, usually Circle or Square. Coming off A Hero's Tail, I'm having to adjust to the new order of breaths. I'm used to Fire starting on Left Arrow, and then going clockwise to Lightning, Water, and Ice.

Word of advice for the breaths: For the Dante's Freezer level, upgrade the electricity breath as much as you can so you can just fling enemies off one of the many cliffs you'll run into. Best way to get through some of those areas.
That would've been helpful last night :P I hated that long bit with the bats on that one cliff. I only discovered I could easily fling enemies off cliffs on the next level.

I won't spoil what other breaths you get, but don't bother with the third one.... It's not that great. Save up for the last breath you get. It's absolutely wicked when fully upgraded, especially the secondary attack.
I've just gotten Frost and have almost fully upgraded it. My other two breaths are already full upgraded.

Oh, and the other games have the same elements for the attacks, but they're completely different attacks. Some are changed in a good way, others.....not so much....
At least it stays fresh.

If I remember correctly, the main attacks I used were just mashing the circle button, sometimes knocking enemies in the air and finishing them that way (sometimes trying to knock them into other enemies, but that could be very tricky), and using the breath attacks when I had enough energy.
That's pretty much my style, only without the aerial stuff. I am heavy on the Fire though for beatdown.

The flying in the first two games is a bit lackluster for me. The third game will blow your mind.
Well if I already like the flying in the first game, then the third should do more than just blow my mind.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th November 2014, 1:35 pm

Truthseeker4449 wrote:
Word of advice for the breaths: For the Dante's Freezer level, upgrade the electricity breath as much as you can so you can just fling enemies off one of the many cliffs you'll run into. Best way to get through some of those areas.
That would've been helpful last night :P I hated that long bit with the bats on that one cliff. I only discovered I could easily fling enemies off cliffs on the next level.

Boy, you're blazing through the game! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 8th November 2014, 1:42 pm

I hope it's not too short then cause I seem pretty efficient at destruction and killing...
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th November 2014, 2:20 pm

There's 5 main levels (and it sounds like you're on the third), plus 2 flying levels, and one final level that will drive you crazy...

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 8th November 2014, 2:22 pm

Alright so I've still got a ways to go. I'm on the second boss now.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th November 2014, 2:26 pm

By any chance, do you have the music up while you're playing? One of my favorite things about the series is the music.

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 8th November 2014, 2:39 pm

Most fight sequences I do, but in training or just wandering around, I'll switch over to my iPod.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 8th November 2014, 3:25 pm

*now has all four breathes upgraded*
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th November 2014, 3:32 pm

What do you think of the Tornado Bomb attack?

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 8th November 2014, 3:47 pm

I don't think I have it yet. When I posted that, I literally just had gotten Earth.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th November 2014, 4:00 pm

I can't remember, do you only get the secondary attacks after the training?

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 8th November 2014, 4:10 pm

Oh, Oh, OH. Now I understand what the secondary attacks are, they're on the Triangle button for me and now I see how they are upgraded. So yes, I won't get that secondary Earth attack until after Terrador trains me.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th November 2014, 4:17 pm

The Secondary Earth attack is super OP when you get it upgraded. Just fire one or two at a group of enemies and...WHOOSH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 8th November 2014, 4:41 pm

Oh my god... For some reason it's very fitting to hear Bulkhead's voice actor playing Terrador.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 67 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 47 ... 67  Next