Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've got something to be overjoyed about

+12
TheCapsFan
Truthseeker4449
Princess
Nopon
Lief Katano
Greece
Burnin' Bunnies
silence
Meyneth
Kaede Akamatsu
returnofmastercrazyhand
Caprizant
16 posters

Page 61 of 67 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 67  Next

Go down

I've got something to be overjoyed about - Page 61 Empty Re: I've got something to be overjoyed about

Post by Truthseeker4449 5th November 2015, 3:30 pm

So I was looking around on the site that publishes my preferred program development program and found to my delight they now offer a version tailored for automotive applications. Even if I have difficulties using it and will likely never actually put anything I make into a real engine computer, the very idea that I can play with this is extremely exciting to me.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

I've got something to be overjoyed about - Page 61 Empty Re: I've got something to be overjoyed about

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 5th November 2015, 5:45 pm

Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: In your gaze where I'm seen. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 9th November 2015, 10:18 pm

my pop filter arrived :D
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 10th November 2015, 8:38 pm

I think my first day went quite well. It was a slow day in the shop and so the other guys were able to slow down enough to a nice pace and teach me how to provide quality service. I still have quite a bit to learn, but I think I have a good chunk of it down.

I also learned that once I become more familiar on the operation, I will more than likely spend a lot of time outside the shop doing shuttle services, which should be interesting. It's apparently something that they just give to whomever isn't doing something else important at that time.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katuna Makata 11th November 2015, 4:37 pm

Congrats on a first day well done, TS!

That looks neat. :o
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

: 8D :

Myers-Briggs Type : IDEK
Alignment : True Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 11th November 2015, 8:58 pm

Thank you :D
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 25th November 2015, 8:16 pm

I got my first paycheck today! For my first two weeks, I made about $470 after taxes. Given that I've worked so much overtime this past week, I'm expecting a higher paycheck soon. *gets paid every two weeks*

Pity I won't be able to cash it until at least Friday.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katuna Makata 4th December 2015, 2:41 am

Duude late but that's great! Good going! I've got something to be overjoyed about - Page 61 EmotCheerleader01
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

: 8D :

Myers-Briggs Type : IDEK
Alignment : True Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 12th December 2015, 3:29 pm

I've just completed my first trip as a driver! It was a 5 mile drive from where we got our Christmas tree to home in my dad's truck.

It was pretty nerve-wracking, but not as much as I thought it'd be. I was a bit jumpy with braking and I need to learn to get more towards the yellow line than the side of the road, but otherwise I did much better than I thought. ;w;
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 12th December 2015, 4:47 pm

Clap, Clap For You!

I find driving pretty stressful if we're being honest
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 12th December 2015, 7:12 pm

Caprizant wrote:I've just completed my first trip as a driver! It was a 5 mile drive from where we got our Christmas tree to home in my dad's truck.

It was pretty nerve-wracking, but not as much as I thought it'd be. I was a bit jumpy with braking and I need to learn to get more towards the yellow line than the side of the road, but otherwise I did much better than I thought. ;w;
Excited Personally I just line up the corner of my hood with the yellow line to achieve my proper distance. It mostly depends on what truck it is to figure out where your reference point will be.
Greece wrote: Clap, Clap For You!

I find driving pretty stressful if we're being honest
I'm pretty relaxed most of the time, even in the heart of rush hour, as long as I'm not having to climb a steep grade in stop and go traffic. When people do ultra stupid shit (like think they will beat me through an intersection from a standing start), that's when I get worried.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 15th December 2015, 5:27 pm

Our SkillsUSA web design team won Gold in locals! Dunspach is Glory!

Last year I won Gold too, but it was a single-person multiple-choice exam, and I was competing against one other person.

This year it was a team event, with a 100-question multiple-choice exam, plus a practical exam where we had to design a website in a day, and there were two other teams.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 15th December 2015, 5:30 pm

Squealing Clap, Clap For You! Squealing

That's quite and achievement!
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th December 2015, 11:38 pm

*found the perfect RWBY ringtone he was looking for on Zedge* THANK YOU CAP!!! Squealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 17th December 2015, 7:37 pm

And I've finished my last final exam of my first College semester!!!

Also I feel good about myself because I gave a kid a jumpstart last night. He was looking around pretty desperately for a boost after his dad's work truck wouldn't start. He tried all over the shopping mall and even a gas station across a busy street. Meanwhile I was wanting to know my account balance before fueling up on cheap gas for what would be the last time in a while and so just happened to be getting ready to leave when he approached me.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 61 of 67 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 67  Next