Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Weeks of Pain

Go down

Two Weeks of Pain Empty Two Weeks of Pain

On Sunday, June 12th, I noticed a dull pain in my left arm and chest, which continued throughout the night.  As midnight approached, I started to feel sweaty and nauseated, culminating in vomiting.  Panicking--"what if it's, like, a heart attack or something?!"--I told my mother, and she took me to the hospital, where they told me it wasn't any sort of cardiac problem and gave me a shot to calm me down.  

My symptoms persisted, however, and my appetite disappeared.  That Wednesday I had to leave work early because I felt like I was gonna pass out.  Thursday, we met with my doctor, who said it was likely a virus...or Thyroid disease?  One of those nights, I had a crazy anxiety attack.

About a week after it started, my fever vanished, and I regained my appetite, but the pain remained, spreading down my arm, to the right side of my chest and left side of my back.  Not even all at once, either!  Usually it's only in one place at a time, and the rest just feels kinda weird.  

It's been two weeks now and I'm scared.  I'm worried it's something serious. I'm not even remotely close to being ready to die. I'm probably gonna see my doctor again and hopefully it'll turn out to be minor, but... >.<;

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Two Weeks of Pain :: Comments

Meyneth

Post 27th June 2016, 8:28 pm by Meyneth

Crap, I hope you turn out okay!

Back to top Go down

Post 27th June 2016, 9:03 pm by Guest

Elise of Nohr wrote:Thursday, we met with my doctor, who said it was likely a virus...or Thyroid disease?
...That's quite a difference in causes... Your doctor sounds like he's throwing out random guesses... Got another doctor you can see?

Either way, I hope you get well soon.

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 27th June 2016, 9:07 pm by Truthseeker4449

Tingling across a large part of the body doesn't sound like a common virus to me. What has your water intake been like? For me if I'm dehydrated, I can experience some of those symptoms just from lying on a part of a body without much pressure.

I hope every turns out alright.

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 27th June 2016, 10:11 pm by Nopon

Really hope that you're okay

Back to top Go down

TheCapsFan

Post 27th June 2016, 11:48 pm by TheCapsFan

I hope you're alright. I doubt it's anything major or life-threatening, though two weeks of pain certainly sounds brutal...

Back to top Go down

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 28th June 2016, 9:47 am by Burnin' Bunnies

That doesn't sound very good! Oh sweet Lordy. I hope you find out what it is soon and it's nothing too serious! Oh sweet Lordy.

Back to top Go down

Greece

Post 28th June 2016, 1:14 pm by Greece

I hope everything turns out all right, and that you'll be able to regain your health. Extended pain is no fun and I hope you can be rid of it soon.

Back to top Go down

Post 29th June 2016, 2:52 pm by Guest

UPDATE: I had a chest X-ray yesterday, and they didn't find anything out of the ordinary. I'll hopefully be good as new in a couple weeks.

Back to top Go down

Cap'n Jack

Post 29th June 2016, 7:19 pm by Cap'n Jack

Are your symptoms gone? I have no idea what the problem could be, I don't know anything about doctor stuff.

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 29th June 2016, 7:23 pm by Truthseeker4449

Elise of Nohr wrote:UPDATE: I had a chest X-ray yesterday, and they didn't find anything out of the ordinary.  I'll hopefully be good as new in a couple weeks.  

Well that's encouraging. If I recall correctly my doctor once suspected I had a broken rib causing me pain. I think it later got diagnosed as acid reflux.

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 29th June 2016, 8:05 pm by Nopon

Elise of Nohr wrote:UPDATE: I had a chest X-ray yesterday, and they didn't find anything out of the ordinary.  I'll hopefully be good as new in a couple weeks.  

Yay!

Back to top Go down

Princess

Post 30th June 2016, 2:40 am by Princess

I hope you're alright. Health issues suck.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum