Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love sucks

Go down

Love sucks Empty Love sucks

So, as some of you may know, I've been in a long-distance relationship with a guy named Markos for about a year and a half now. But a couple months ago, I realized that I no longer had any real feelings for him. I've been too much of a fucking coward to tell him, even though I suspect he's at least partially aware of this by now.

And in the past few days, I've been thinking...am I ever actually gonna find someone who's "right" for me, who I won't lose my passion for like I just did? I feel like my standards are a bit too high, (and in certain cases, I mean that quite literally) but at the same time, I'm worried I'm just gonna fall for the next vaguely cute person I come across before even considering if it could even work out. Altogether, I've ended up being consumed by a confusing, contradictory loneliness that doesn't feel like it'll ever go away. I want out. I want to either immediately meet that ideal, impossible super-soulmate, or just lock my heart up and throw away the key. But I can't do either and it's killing me.

So basically, what the fuck?

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Love sucks :: Comments

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 28th April 2016, 8:36 am by Burnin' Bunnies

Love is a choice. You are never going to always feel that passion for the person you may fall in love with.

I think this is something often forgotten about in relationships in this modern age. People worry after getting married or after being in a long time relationship when they don't feel the same as when they started the relationship.

Ultimately, it is your decision to keep the relationship going or to end it.

Back to top Go down

Post 28th April 2016, 1:02 pm by Guest

I'm...probably the last person you should hear anything from, given my awful streak of...anyway, here goes:

Emotions are weird things, and time can really mess with them. I understand how you feel, even though I usually have the opposite problem...

I know it may be hard, but my advice is to just let it all out and tell him how you feel. Getting something off your chest can really help you get over what you're feeling. It's going to hurt, I know, but it's better to just get the pain over with than putting it off and hoping that it'll go away, when it's actually just hurting you more in the long run.

It doesn't mean you can't stop being friends though, if that's what you want. I made the mistake of losing touch with someone I cared about after things didn't work between us, and I regret it still to this day. I know she's happy now, but still...if I had the opportunity to change the past, I'd see if I could patch things up with her. So yeah, things may not be there for a relationship, but friendship can still be found if you look for it.

As for finding the "perfect someone" for you, we all have that idea of who's perfect for us, but the reality is....perfect doesn't exist.

But, that doesn't mean we should give up looking for someone who's right for us. If someone wants to find love, then they have to make do with the good and the bad sometimes; for better or for worse. Some people are lucky and do find someone who's...well, nearly perfect, and they're happy for many years. Others make do with whoever makes them happy, and they also have many happy years. What matters is that, when you do find someone, if they make you happy, and they're happy with you, that's all that matters.

I know it can be hard to work that out, especially if you're like me and fall for just about anyone you see or get to know.... Blushy Blushy
I also know that sometimes, it does feel like it'd be better to do something like cut out your heart and lock it away forever.
...I'm still torn over whether or not I'd be better just giving up, or fighting on and, hopefully, find someone someday. Like I said, I'm probably the last person you should listen to...

If you get anything from this long winded post, just keep this in mind: Follow your heart. What do you feel is right for you? It'll take time to figure that out, but you're still young and have plenty of time to find your way. There will be mistakes, and there will be times where we want to give up, but that's just how things are. Nobody's perfect. The key is to not let that get you down and deal with all the imperfections of life.

...I hope some of this helped.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down