Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A History of Chaos

Go down

A History of Chaos Empty A History of Chaos

Why hello there, and welcome to a little something I thought I'd share, a little history of Chaos.

As some of you might know, Chaos is one of my alternate names forme but you need the right item, so this is basically a little thing on my history on the net :D

Basically, all my life the internet was not a part of my life, though I occasionally used it in class, that was until my senior year in high school. That was when I finally got a laptop, and used my neighbor's net can't believe I found one unlocked. My reason for being on the net was simple. Chaotic. It was a show about a kid who played a card game, was good enough, and then got a special code that let him transport his mind to another world where the game was real. I know it sounds stupid but it was awesome and actually had its own card game since it was a bit of a cash grab :V

Said card game was complex, so I could never get someone to play with me, so I had to resort to online, since that was what the game was famous for, its online play. Sadly the game is now offline since the show didn't take off past season 3, and the cards didn't sell that good since the game was complicated. I had fun times, and that's also where I got my first username, Chaosj2.

Anyway, being a broke highschooler, I couldn't afford more cards, so I did the sensible thing and googled 'free chaotic codes' and found a forum dedicated to sharing codes. There I met the first person on the net I started to talk to, Kidstatic2 or something like that. The way the forum worked was that there were contests, and the winners got codes for cards. I played games with some people there, and had some good fun em too, I even gave some codes out at one point. It was fun, but the site is gone now, since ya know, the game is gone too ;w;. Soon came a special competition, to match up a creature with a theme and the best match up won. I set out to find the best song I could for this guy who was known for driving fast.

Thus I searched youtube for sonic songs by Crush 40 cause speed ya know? I found this. I won the contest of course but that's not the important part. It was at that point I realized I could listen to music on youtube for things I hadn't heard in years, and this was when I was reading through One Piece, so I ended up listening to the opening songs....in multiple languages. Now no matter where I went, if it was a One Piece song I'd find a strange comment talking about a One Piece rp. I had no idea what that was at the time, but after a few weeks of seeing it, I got curious.

I am so happy I did that.

Thanks to that I found a special site, a site which means a lot to me. The Kaizoku Cove. It was an rp forum where I met some of the most important people to me. I met Zikeep, who I consider one of my internet best friends. I met Sakura, Lotus, Falco, Zanuth, Koyoi, Commish, Ozishi, Jflash, and Miz Mix, people I care about for different reasons. I also occasionally ran into two others who would later be very important to me. I'd say more about them, but I don't feel like gushing over them too much and I doubt you'd want to read a paragraph about why they are each amazing people :V

I spent years on that site, and occasionally visit it still. The site is effectively dead now, since there was a sort of 'civil war' at one point which happened when I wasn't online one day. Things essentially got nuts with admins taking opposing stances, and then people leaving depending and going separate ways. A few stayed to try to keep the site running, but then one of the mods deleted everyone's characters and that led to record low morale. In the end I was one of the last few trying to keep it going, since it was my internet home. The fall of no other site has hurt me as much, and I think it was because I basically had to watch my friends turn against each other with nothing I could do...

Eventually I ended up pulling the plug on the site since the last remaining admin was gone now (later found out he blamed himself for some stuff and couldn't stay motivated) and I was just a mod. There was another reason though, there was another site which was started and I figured it'd be better to head to that one. It was made by some of the others which had left and I had stayed in contact with. The new site was called The Endless Horizon.

We had fun here, and after a while, the rest of the people from Cove came over and there were many reconciliations, except a few cases I won't bore you with. Basically good times with some new faces, it was Cove 2.0, and I was a mod again. There I met a few more important people to me, like Gaz, and of course Jai and Angry. Angry is amazing and Jai got me into some awesome anime. Anyway, I wanted the site to grow so I'd always get to the site through youtube so I could skew the search results a bit, and eventually I found a strange link. Someone had made a reference to the site on another site. That someone was Heroic Sociopath and that site was Bulbagarden. I went there and stuck around for a while. I hung around the writer's workshop and wrote, then wandered into fun and games, and met you guys, and the rest was history!

That's just how one site led to another and another until I reached this point, but it wasn't just a straight path, as there were branches which led to nowhere. Endless is gone now, as the admins were too busy and then stuff happened but we have Kaizoku Dream now, which I have a link to in my signature you should check it out, we have loads of fun in the chatbox. What I wonder is which branch from here will lead me forwards? Will it be writing, art or lets playing, or something else? I don't know, but I do know one thing. The thing I've had along that journey were friends, and I wonder if you'll come with me on my journey, wherever it leads :)
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

A History of Chaos :: Comments

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 19th February 2016, 12:10 am by Burnin' Bunnies

Wow, that is certainly a more interesting internet history than mine, haha! *visits a Forumotion my sisters made and instantly regrets my middleschool self*

wait why were there 55 people there on March 12, 2015 it's been long dead wat

I foresee myself staying on the Pit Stop for a very long time, and I hope I can become one of your good interweb friends! :) I am willing to support you on your journey~!

Back to top Go down

TheCapsFan

Post 19th February 2016, 12:11 am by TheCapsFan

So when did you come to bulbagarden in the midst of all this?

Back to top Go down

Post 19th February 2016, 12:33 am by Guest

I remember Chaotic! Facinating how your original username originates from it. I loved that show and remember wanting to try out the game, but I didn't have a computer back then and my knowledge of the internet was very limited from just brief visits to the library to play computer games and sometimes surf the web (back then, it was mainly PBS Kids, Kids WB, Pokémon, and other sites like that). Also never really saw the cards for sale anywhere except like once or twice, but I was buying Pokémon cards like crazy back then, so every other card game was kind of irrelevant.

Thanks for sharing this! It's cool seeing your journey through the internet and hearing about all the people you've met.

Back to top Go down

Greece

Post 19th February 2016, 4:59 pm by Greece

Chaotic was the best show, it gave me life

And I hope we all we be able to join you on your journey Fist Bump!

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 19th February 2016, 9:18 pm by Nopon

Burnin' Bunnies wrote:Wow, that is certainly a more interesting internet history than mine, haha! *visits a Forumotion my sisters made and instantly regrets my middleschool self*

wait why were there 55 people there on March 12, 2015 it's been long dead wat

I foresee myself staying on the Pit Stop for a very long time, and I hope I can become one of your good interweb friends! :) I am willing to support you on your journey~!

As long as you don't suddenly vanish off the face of the net you'll be one of my netbuds :D

TheCapsFan wrote:So when did you come to bulbagarden in the midst of all this?

Kinda rushed towards the end, but basically HeroicSociopath led me to bulba when he was advertising Endless Horizon in his signature due to google searches xD

jokool wrote:I remember Chaotic! Facinating how your original username originates from it. I loved that show and remember wanting to try out the game, but I didn't have a computer back then and my knowledge of the internet was very limited from just brief visits to the library to play computer games and sometimes surf the web (back then, it was mainly PBS Kids, Kids WB, Pokémon, and other sites like that). Also never really saw the cards for sale anywhere except like once or twice, but I was buying Pokémon cards like crazy back then, so every other card game was kind of irrelevant.

Thanks for sharing this! It's cool seeing your journey through the internet and hearing about all the people you've met.

Greece wrote:Chaotic was the best show, it gave me life

And I hope we all we be able to join you on your journey Fist Bump!

I constantly hope Chaotic returns because I genuinely loved the lore, and the episode about Allmagedon really influenced a scene in one of the books I'm writing...

Mepedians for life!

Back to top Go down

returnofmastercrazyhand

Post 19th February 2016, 9:51 pm by returnofmastercrazyhand

I remember that show.
only watched it once, but it seemed better than bakugon at least.

Back to top Go down

Greece

Post 20th February 2016, 10:41 am by Greece

Skull Nopon wrote:

I constantly hope Chaotic returns because I genuinely loved the lore, and the episode about Allmagedon really influenced a scene in one of the books I'm writing...

Mepedians for life!

How are your books going? I kind of miss your stories, they were all amazing!

THANK YOU no one else appreciated the Mepedians

I also feel the need to admit that in 5th grade I wrote my first and last fan fic that was an AU chaotic fic

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 20th February 2016, 12:29 pm by Nopon

Writing isn't going too well cause writer's block :v

I once turned the desian generals into creature cards and it was glorious

Back to top Go down

Greece

Post 20th February 2016, 1:33 pm by Greece

:C One day there will be a cure for writers block, but until then we shall all Fallen, can't get up

XD

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down