Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So.....

Go down

So..... Empty So.....

-walks up to podium-

-shuffles papers and looks around nervously-

-coughs-

-more rustling-

I haven't been on the last few days, not because I can't or don't have time (I was hanging out in steam). The reason I haven't been on is because for a while now, I've been getting more and more anxious when I posted. It kept getting worse and worse until I eventually just started writing out posts, deleting them, then just not doing anything...so I decided to leave for a bit...but now I'm back...maybe? idk.

Basically the anxiety I've been getting is because I'm starting to feel like I'm not being me anymore, or that I'm causing issues, or problems, or that you don't want me around anymore, and that scares me so much. I really don't want anybody here to hate me and I've felt like I'm on thin ice and that any little mistake will lead to you hating me and I just can't handle that. Like I said, that thought scares me. As I'm typing this I'm thinking that I shouldn't but I'm going to force myself to post it anyway. I'm a ball of anxiety, hatred, anger, and so much negativity that its so easy for me to just be quiet.

I don't want to run away thought.

I've run away before and it didn't end good. I just worried my friends and made them think I didn't care and I do care, I care about you all a lot. Running away would only help me and instead hurt you all and that would be selfish. I don't want to be selfish. I don't want to hurt anybody. I'm going to try to post a little more to see if my anxiety goes down, but could someone take over the art contest for me incase I can't?

I think that's everything I wanted to say, so don't feel bad if I don't post too often, its not that I hate you guys, its that I'm just being a pathetic piece of trash who can't even man up to face his own self loathing long enough to help others. Dang it, now I want to delete that last sentence but I told myself I wouldn't remove any parts of this post so that I could be more me. So that you'd get a peek at how my mind works a bit, or maybe I'd just make myself look like a fool. I'll try to post, at least I'll do my best, I know 2 posts I really want to make, or maybe 3, not sure.
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

So..... :: Comments

Post 26th January 2016, 11:51 pm by Guest

Skull Nopon wrote:The reason I haven't been on is because for a while now, I've been getting more and more anxious when I posted. It kept getting worse and worse until I eventually just started writing out posts, deleting them, then just not doing anything...
Can't tell you how many times I've been in the same boat... I know the feeling, but don't feel like you need to stay away just because of this.

Basically the anxiety I've been getting is because I'm starting to feel like I'm not being me anymore, or that I'm causing issues, or problems,
Also been here before too... Don't feel bad though. You're still you, and you're not causing any problems or issues. I think I know one of the reasons why you feel like this, and I just want to say that you shouldn't feel bad about it. Nobody's mad at you or anything like that.

or that you don't want me around anymore, and that scares me so much. I really don't want anybody here to hate me and I've felt like I'm on thin ice and that any little mistake will lead to you hating me and I just can't handle that.

Woah. Woah. Woah. We definitely want you to be around, and we certainly don't hate you. Please don't ever think that... Niagara Falls

Lux, we care about you, just as much as you said you care about us, if not more. You are a very good friend to many people here, especially me, and we would never hate you or not want you around.

But I know things like this can pop in people's minds even when they aren't true. I know from experience...

...I mean, I've felt like I've been a bad friend before, and I've felt like I should just stay away so I don't hurt, offend, or just outright creep anyone out (this especially more recently...)...

Gah...where am I going with this?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're loved here, and we love having you around. If you ever feel bad or think anything like this, the best thing to do is what you did just now: Tell us. Because we're here for you. We're your friends.

...I hope that was okay...

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 26th January 2016, 11:58 pm by Nopon

It was more than okay, I'm kinda starting to get teary eyed though, thanks

Back to top Go down

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 26th January 2016, 11:58 pm by Burnin' Bunnies

Awe, Nopon...

You are a precious part of the Pit Stop, and I want you to remember that. You are always welcome here, and I believe I can speak for us all when I say that no one here will ever hate you. If you need to take time away, we understand, but please remember that we are here to support you in anything you may need.

I will be here as much as I am able with arms open to you and to anyone else on this site. :)

Back to top Go down

Caprizant

Post 27th January 2016, 12:00 am by Caprizant

Hey, I know how you feel man. Anxiety filters quite a lot of the stuff I do too. It's really difficult to work around social situations when I'm running one stream of thought that's trying to get my meaning across, and another stream of thought that's monitoring everyone else's reactions to make sure I'm not messing it up. :V

But yeah, in general anxiety will make your actions, words, and attitude seem worse to you in hindsight, especially when you think about how it might've affected other people. There's a lot of complex things going on that makes anxiety force you towards the conclusion that "oh my god that's the worst thing I've ever done," but in the end it's just not true. People don't actually make much note if you said that one thing in fourth grade that you really regret. It's just the fact that you said it that makes you remember it clearly, and judge it more harshly.

We're doing our best together to build a supportive environment. If there's anything about it that makes you uncomfortable, you're allowed and encouraged to speak up about it, privately or publicly.

And if you want some advice to help ease your tensions while you're around here making your posts, here's two general stress preventatives I do to focus:

1) Ease physical tension. Let go of all the tension in your body. All at once. Like, take a deep breath, or yawn, and let yourself fall into a position where you're not restricting your neck/tightening your muscles/expending too much energy holding yourself in an uncomfortable position. It really helps to be physically comfortable.

2) Ease mental tension. If you want some time to look over a post before posting—do something completely different for a few minutes. Get up and do the thing you've been planning to for hours, like clearing a table or folding your clothes, or play a game until you get past a particular challenge. When you come back, the parts of your mind you were using to write the post are all loosened up and untangled.

So yeah, hopefully I helped a bit. I'm here to talk if you need an anxious friend, and we're all here at your side if you need some family support. <3

Back to top Go down

Greece

Post 27th January 2016, 9:27 am by Greece

I don't have any tips, or anything insightful. So here's the first things that came to my mind.

I love you. You're not on the ice, you're the farthest from it. You're one of the nicest and most considerate people I've met. You're not being selfish for getting attention and you're not hurting anyone.

Back to top Go down

TheCapsFan

Post 27th January 2016, 10:29 am by TheCapsFan

We love you, Lux <3 if you weren't around this place wouldn't be nearly as cheerful or lighthearted. :)

And you know what if you need to take a break, we understand. I mean, just look at all the times I left and came back...

Back to top Go down

returnofmastercrazyhand

Post 27th January 2016, 2:17 pm by returnofmastercrazyhand

same as caps.
I've left and come back to bulba so many times the returnof in my username is an understatement.

Back to top Go down

Meyneth

Post 27th January 2016, 2:24 pm by Meyneth

I thought that you hadn't been posting as much.

Don't worry! I can't speak for anyone else but I've never felt like you're crossed any line or ever made me mad!

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 27th January 2016, 4:00 pm by Lief Katano

Can confirm no line crossing has happened. 

Can also confirm that you're Pretty Freaking Awesome.

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 27th January 2016, 7:07 pm by Truthseeker4449

You're not a pathetic piece of trash, that I know for certain.

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 27th January 2016, 10:28 pm by Nopon

I love all of you

Back to top Go down

Post 27th January 2016, 11:04 pm by Guest

*hugs Lux* We love you too!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum