Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! I've got writer's block and I can't get out!

+8
returnofmastercrazyhand
Burnin' Bunnies
Kaede Akamatsu
Nopon
Truthseeker4449
Cap'n Jack
Lief Katano
Caprizant
12 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Help! I've got writer's block and I can't get out! - Page 4 Empty Re: Help! I've got writer's block and I can't get out!

Post by Guest 17th June 2013, 7:29 pm

Lux wrote:I don't think you understand how great something would have to be in my head in order to wipe away your ability to care about your team :I
Or anybody else's head, for that matter.

Back to top Go down

Help! I've got writer's block and I can't get out! - Page 4 Empty Re: Help! I've got writer's block and I can't get out!

Post by Lief Katano 21st June 2013, 6:22 pm

I want to do something with magitek, but I don't know what.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st June 2013, 6:50 pm

All I need to figure out is the actual plot... 

For what?  Umm...  Blushy Blushy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 21st June 2013, 7:12 pm

Lief Katano wrote:I want to do something with magitek, but I don't know what.

Perhaps the most obvious, a war?
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 30th December 2013, 1:30 pm

Something popped into my head today:

"I was alone now, forced to move from shelter to shelter. Each night I'd fall asleep to my tears. They were gone, I had to accept it, but wherever I went he was on the news. That monster, everyone was entirely focused on him. What had led to him doing it, how he did it, even some trying to justify it!

Yet...they forgot about the victims, those who lost so much that day. None of our names were mentioned, stories told, and we were simply brushed aside. I guess its just because its easier to express anger towards one person than to give love to many. Kinda sad really, though I guess that's why I decided to stay and help rebuild, someone had to help these people...someone had to help protect us..."
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 1st January 2014, 4:43 pm

Deep. Nice.

~~Here's my problem. I have the grand story ideas all thought out in my head, even special scenes and such. I know where I want to go in my stories, and I have some plot dots I want to touch, but it's connecting the dots that are the worst. I just can't seem to get everything down on paper. I have an idea on something, but how do I get there? The main problem with this is that I usually have the endings planned out, but NOTHING in between...it's annoying and i have no idea what to do.
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: In your gaze where I'm seen. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 2nd January 2014, 10:46 am

If you can't figure out what to do in between, then ask yourself this, is there really something needed in between? If not, then just start the story father along, but if you do know where you want to start, then all you need are the events that would lead from point a to point b, but not just that, you know your characters correct?

In that case, what would cause the character to go from point a to b?

sorry if I'm a little vague, happens when I listen to prof layton soundtracks Laughing
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 2nd January 2014, 8:05 pm

It's just a tad vague, but it makes good sense and that's usually how I daydream. Think of what I want the end result to be, identify the main events needed to make it happen, then pick a point to start things rolling to that result.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 24th February 2014, 1:26 pm

I can't decide what I want to work on right now so here are you guys decide what you'd like to see:

1) Dreams and Realities chapter 3
2) Heart Beats chapter 1 (this is a story based on the dream I mentioned in the water cooler :T)
3) Dreaming While Awake chapter 1 (this is a story that takes place in the same universe as Dreams and Realities only it happens before it)
4) Forgotten Sands chapter 1 (this is the orre fic I mentioned a while ago :T)
5) Miltank Bride (a short story about a farmer who finds Jirachi)
6) Dream of Love (another Pokémon based story only this one takes place in mystery dungeon universe a couple years after explorers of sky and Treasure Town is now Treasure City)

So yeah, if there's one of those you'd like to see just post here to let me know, or visitor wall me or something, I basically don't know which one to work on :T
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th February 2014, 2:49 pm

I actually really liked the idea behind your dream, so that would be interesting to see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 24th March 2014, 10:35 am

Once more I feel like writing but idk what to work on :T

1) Dreams and Realities chapter 4
2) Heart Beats chapter 2
3) Dreaming While Awake chapter 1 (this is a story that takes place in the same universe as Dreams and Realities only it happens before it)
4) Forgotten Sands chapter 1 (this is the orre fic I mentioned a while ago :T)
5) Miltank Bride (a short story about a farmer who finds Jirachi)
6) Dream of Love (another Pokémon based story only this one takes place in mystery dungeon universe a couple years after explorers of sky and Treasure Town is now Treasure City)
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th March 2014, 10:40 am

I say either Dreams and Realities or Heart Beat, but it's ultimately up to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 8th April 2014, 3:58 pm

I am trying to brainstorm ideas for chapter 5 of "the multiversal calamity" but I'm stuck.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 6th November 2014, 3:06 pm

this is the closest thing we have for discussing writing in general so I was wondering, what is wattpad exactly? Was thinking of posting my emote stories there :T
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th November 2014, 4:21 pm

Heard of it, but not sure what it is either.

Also, you bring up an interesting point. Maybe we should have a general discussion for the library?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next