Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggest a Series!

+10
Lief Katano
Burnin' Bunnies
returnofmastercrazyhand
Ymir
Zexy
Booster_Gold
Nopon
Truthseeker4449
Kaede Akamatsu
Caprizant
14 posters

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Suggest a Series! - Page 21 Empty Re: Suggest a Series!

Post by Truthseeker4449 11th October 2015, 8:50 pm

Found it on MyAnimeList (Pokémon Special), turns out the reason I don't have it on the list is because I've read some of the series out of order. And also probably because I don't like having so many unfinished series on my list.

Finally finished Sankarea, man did the ending of that throw me for a loop.

Nanna, do you have suggestions?
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 11th October 2015, 9:20 pm

*notices you've already read DNAngel.*
*gets upset again because of how it "ended"*

*also noticed you've read Tokyo Mew Mew*
I've only watched the anime to that one. I tried to read the manga once and couldn't handle it. Maybe I'll try again some other time. :U

I've recommended this to Cap, and I don't know if you'd be interested in it or not, but I really really liked +Anima. I've also started reading some Rurouni Kenshin and have enjoyed that. Outside of those, I cant think of series that have ended (unless you want to read the Zelda mangas, lol, but those are all single or double volumes and there are only ten over all right now.)

On going series I am reading are Skip Beat, Shingeki no Kyojin, Hunter × Hunter, and Kagerou Days. (And technically Pokémon Special) (and Rurouni Kenshin)

Ouran High School Host Club is also hilarious and worth the read of you're in for slapstick humor. :U

That's all I can think of right now? You've already read Tsubasa, and that was kinda my backup. :U

If anyone is looking for anime to watch, I recommend Princess Tutu and Last Exile.
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: In your gaze where I'm seen. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 11th October 2015, 9:50 pm

Burnin' Bunnies wrote:*notices you've already read DNAngel.*
*also noticed you've read Tokyo Mew Mew*
Man those were a long time ago.... Can't quite remember why I dropped DNAngel and the way you're talking about the ending doesn't exactly inspire any motivation to start rereading the series.
I've only watched the anime to that one. I tried to read the manga once and couldn't handle it. Maybe I'll try again some other time. :U
Huh. Wonder if that means I wouldn't be able to stand the anime. I already don't particularly like the color schemes in the anime from what I've seen in AMVs and the story to me now would probably be ranked lower than the goddess style-harem I'm presently skimming through out of boredom.

I've recommended this to Cap, and I don't know if you'd be interested in it or not, but I really really liked +Anima. I've also started reading some Rurouni Kenshin and have enjoyed that. Outside of those, I cant think of series that have ended (unless you want to read the Zelda mangas, lol, but those are all single or double volumes and there are only ten over all right now.)
+Anima stirs enough interest pursue further and I keep seeing Rurouni Kenshin at my library so perhaps I'll request the first couple volumes.

On going series I am reading are Skip Beat, Shingeki no Kyojin, and Kagerou Days. (And technically Pokémon Special) (and Rurouni Kenshin)
How many chapters are out for Kagerou Days?

Ouran High School Host Club is also hilarious and worth the read of you're in for slapstick humor. :U
I recall having watched at least the first couple episodes and also seeing this at my library so why not. Not sure why I don't have the series listed on my anime list though.

That's all I can think of right now? You've already read Tsubasa, and that was kinda my backup. :U
Does that mean you haven't read XXXHolic?
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 11th October 2015, 10:11 pm

I would say finish DNAngel, because it was still a good read and I need someone to complain to.

I haven't read XXXHOLIC yet, though it does look very good. If I understand correctly, it is kinda a side story to the events of Tsubasa?

I hear the Tokyo Mew Mew anime is a bit different from the manga. The manga goes further, I do believe. Tokyo Mew Mew was the first anime I watched all the way through back when I was a little 12 year old. I tend to laugh a bit at it now, but that doesn't stop me from being mad about 4Kidz translating it into Mew Mew Power... grrrr.

There are currently only 33 chapters of Kagerou Days out, but those are already more substantial than its anime adaptation Mekakucity Actors.
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 11th October 2015, 10:25 pm

Burnin' Bunnies wrote:I would say finish DNAngel, because it was still a good read and I need someone to complain to.
I'll consider it.
I haven't read XXXHOLIC yet, though it does look very good. If I understand correctly, it is kinda a side story to the events of Tsubasa?
It's more than just a side story, the two intertwine, particularly heavy in the later volumes of XXXHolic. If you liked Tsubasa, you're missing out on quite a bit. I heavily recommend reading both series roughly concurrently, though crossing over is a little more spaced out in XXXHolic so I recommend reading Tsubasa at a faster rate. And XXXHolic has some really intriguing content, it helped shape views that I still hold today.

Speaking of CLAMP, is anyone besides me doing Gate 7? *picked up volume 4 at the library today*
There are currently only 33 chapters of Kagerou Days out, but those are already more substantial  than its anime adaptation Mekakucity Actors.
Sounds really tempting...[/quote]
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katuna Makata 13th October 2015, 10:32 am

My favorite thing about D.N.Angel was the OP. <3 I think I read one odd volume of the manga a long time ago.

20th Century Boys and the two volume continuation 21st Century Boys is g8
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

: 8D :

Myers-Briggs Type : IDEK
Alignment : True Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 13th October 2015, 11:46 am

The anime was okay, but quite different than the manga. At least the anime had a proper ending, though. I did really love the opening. :)
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

Back to top Go down

Post by Katuna Makata 13th October 2015, 12:15 pm

That doesn't surprise me. And that's simultaneously good and bad to hear because while it wasn't horrible, the anime wasn't too notable for me either. It's good that the manga had a better and more detailed plot, but unfortunate that said plot wasn't able to fit into the adaption.
I never understood how Kosuke wasn't biologically a Niwa
because he looks more related to Daiki than Emiko (that spiky anime hair, man)
but I digress

This scene is so awkward rewatching it now because /that imagery/ on the Daisuke and Riku side of things but man the Mio side still gets me:

I wish I could find a full version of the music box piece but all I can find is a portion in the beginning of this qq:
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th October 2015, 2:33 pm

Khaki Makoto wrote:
I wish I could find a full version of the music box piece but all I can find is a portion in the beginning of this qq:

I hate it when I find a music piece I like, but can't find a full version of it...

This one was probably my biggest pet peeve:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katuna Makata 13th October 2015, 5:55 pm

jokool wrote:I hate it when I find a music piece I like, but can't find a full version of it...

This one was probably my biggest pet peeve:
I like the ethereal cherubic choir there. The echoing makes it nice and ominous.
But yeah haaaate this.

The first track that comes to mind after my previous one:
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th October 2015, 10:59 pm

Khaki Makoto wrote:
The first track that comes to mind after my previous one:

*is also a sucker for music box pieces* Davy Jones' music box from Pirates of the Caribbean is one of my favorite pieces of music from the entire series, and there's a ton of amazing music in those movies.

Also, really like that music box! Also saw another vid in the suggestions for more of the ost from that series, and it's piqued my interest in said series:

totally didn't click on the vid because of the thumbnail, nope, not at all... Wasn't Me:

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 13th October 2015, 11:59 pm

*is rapidly closing in on the ending of +Anima*
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 14th October 2015, 1:00 am

And finished! Overall a decent series, though I didn't particularly like the note that the series ended on.

As for what to read next... well some of the stuff on my Plan to Read list look interesting enough (or short enough to quickly get over).
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katuna Makata 14th October 2015, 1:25 am

jokool wrote:*is also a sucker for music box pieces* Davy Jones' music box from Pirates of the Caribbean is one of my favorite pieces of music from the entire series, and there's a ton of amazing music in those movies.

Also, really like that music box! Also saw another vid in the suggestions for more of the ost from that series, and it's piqued my interest in said series:

totally didn't click on the vid because of the thumbnail, nope, not at all... :whistle:
Gaaaah <3
What is it about music boxes that attracts us to them? The idea of a physical object being used to represent days long past? Their potential to evoke feelings of melancholy and pining or foreboding and dread? The intimacy quality they have to them (as opposed to a band or a big grand orchestra)? Some/all of the above? (These all apply to me at least.)

Got a creepy carousal vibe going on here:

I have read that piece's title as "Calzone of Death" multiple times
WATCH OUT EIN THEY ARE FULL OF CALORIES!!
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 14th October 2015, 7:45 am

Truthseeker4449 wrote:And finished! Overall a decent series, though I didn't particularly like the note that the series ended on.

As for what to read next... well some of the stuff on my Plan to Read list look interesting enough (or short enough to quickly get over).
It did kinda end in a meloncholy fashion, didn't it. ;v;
I still love it though. I wasn't expecting it to go the way it did with our precious Cooro when I first read it. It's a shame there is no anime to this, because it would be gorgeous.
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum