Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Myself

Go down

Finding Myself Empty Finding Myself

So as you guys know, because I posted it in Lava Cooler, my girlfriend and I broke up.

But it's not all bad.  I actually talked to her earlier today about our situation.  I had this gut feeling that I could do it, and I gathered up the courage and talked to her.  And in that moment that I seized, I just felt the weight of everything fall off my shoulders.  It just came to me.  I found my secret to happiness.  

I said, "Success can be found everywhere, whether it's beating a game, or playing a song, or finishing an assignment.  it's the little successes that make us up."  And in that moment I could finally see all the success I have had in the past five years, big ones like my grades, making district band and winning state marching band, and breaking a relay record on my swim team, and little ones, like singing right in pitch while I'm alone in my room, or taking a really cool picture.  And I realized that if I grab onto those successes then I'll be truly happy.  :)

We went on and talked about the letter I wrote her, and her reasons why she broke up, and...we're cool.  I promised I'd give her time to herself from then on, but I could see that it really lifted a lot of stress off of both of us and she was glad that we had the conversation.

I feel like that could be the highlight of my life.
TheCapsFan
TheCapsFan

: Writing The Future

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Finding Myself :: Comments

Post 24th July 2015, 9:55 pm by Guest

Need to remember that "success is found everywhere" part, especially when I'm having low days.

But yeah, glad things worked out well and that you're better now!

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 24th July 2015, 10:02 pm by Truthseeker4449

Great job on mustering up the courage to that!

Back to top Go down

TheCapsFan

Post 25th July 2015, 7:35 pm by TheCapsFan

jokool wrote:Need to remember that "success is found everywhere" part, especially when I'm having low days.

But yeah, glad things worked out well and that you're better now!

You got it man. We're all here for you if you need us. c: And thanks! I feel so awesome~

Truthseeker4449 wrote:Great job on mustering up the courage to that!

Thank you :)

Back to top Go down

Cap'n Jack

Post 25th July 2015, 7:40 pm by Cap'n Jack

It's so refreshing to see a kid your age (not too far off from my age in the grand scheme of things, but you get what I'm saying) able to look on the bright side of a situation like this and not morph into an insufferable sad-sack like I've done in similar situations.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum