Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Day Today

Go down

My Day Today Empty My Day Today

I had such an interesting day today.

First off was the bus ride to school. I noticed on the way in to my home school that the shuttle bus I would be riding on the way to my techinical school was sub bus. Further more, the number was 777, something that was planning on joking about. But what also caught my eye was that there were stickers on this bus that normally aren't present on my county's fleet.

When the bus pulled up to pick me up, I saw that it was my regular driver and the sticker read "C2e Hybrid". To my knowledge this is the only hybrid school bus in the entirity of my county and probably one of only a handful in Northern Virginia.

If numbering is anything to go on then this bus is about 5 years old as bus 776 was purchased about 5 years ago when I was in eight grade. It only has 36,000 miles on according to the service sticker.

It seems the county is trialing the bus on different routes, but I doubt it's very popular among drivers. I say this because this bus shifts in a very unusual fashion. I don't know if there are any button pushing, but the driver must quickly let off the gas to shift gears. It seems this is only required for shifting into higher gears. Adding to the inconvience of this, the bus tends to lurch rather violently from the torque of the engine being reengaged during acceleration. During a 90 degree turn the driver might have to shift 3 times, not exactly a very pleasent thing.

Also of interest this bus has a park position on the gear selector, something that's not usually seen on large vehicles.

Moving onto the next notable thing, I went go work on the car that I want to buy from the school. Only the car was locked, with the keys in the ignition. So I got a crash course in breaking into a car from the Auto Body teacher who has lockout tools.

And then about half an hour later while I was working on diagnosing a malfuctioning light on the car I was asked by the Auto Body teacher to perform another lockout as a favor. As I've asked for quite a few favors from him it's only natural that I return a favor from time to time. Plus it was good practice for what is a pretty useful skill.

Not that this one was very hard. The guy did have his windows down about an inch all the way around so I was able to pull up the door lock without needing to pry the door back.

Moving on I managed to fix the horns on the car from earlier. I found the fuse for the horns was blown and replaced it with another fuse. I then reached up and hit the horn button and was surprised that the horns worked and then further surprised by the radio coming to life. I thought the speakers were all blown to bits and was going to eventually buy a cheap little speaker for my iPod so I could listen to music. So that's a neat little plus.

After that I was treated to the wonderful sight of vintage World War II era planes flying over my school on their way to Washington DC for a flyover of the National Mall in honor of VE day. I wasn't aware of this event until about a minute before they flew right over me.

And just now I got a call from my teacher saying the principal has approved the sale of the car to me! Excited

Now it's a matter of paying for it and getting parts, plus all of the other things needed.

And that's pretty much everything notable so far today.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit