Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Memoriam

Go down

In Memoriam Empty In Memoriam

This girl that goes to my school passed away recently. The story goes that she was feeling ill on Monday, so she went to the doctors, who said it was too serious, so then she was rushed to the hospital nearby...but she died in the early morning. Like I said before, it was a random sickness that just suddenly appeared, and turned out to be fatal.

She was an 18 year old senior. She was 9 weeks away from graduating and had a scholarship to Virginia Tech. She was pretty, popular, and a star player for the softball team. I never knew her, but I'm still shocked and...angry. She was too young, no one deserves to have their life taken away from them so quickly. praying for her family and friends in this terrible time.

I was sitting in band when the announcement came on Tuesday, and we all kind of sat there silently until my director regained focus and took charge. From then on, I've seen the rapid change of atmosphere...The halls are a lot more quiet, and everyone's just so sad. And the weather doesn't help either; its been rainy and gloomy all week, and it sems it'll stay that way.

Next week's not gonna be any better, since it's Hell Week, I'll update you all then, I guess.
TheCapsFan
TheCapsFan

: Writing The Future

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

In Memoriam :: Comments

Truthseeker4449

Post 8th April 2015, 10:43 pm by Truthseeker4449

I've heard of this, sort of. I didn't know what exactly happened until now and wasn't curious enough to ask so I merely brushed it off. May she rest in peace.

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 10th April 2015, 8:14 pm by Truthseeker4449

Her lab test results were made public today. She died from Spinal Meningitis, a swift and hard to treat disease that is highly contagious and often fatal.

Back to top Go down

TheCapsFan

Post 10th April 2015, 11:03 pm by TheCapsFan

Yeah. I wonder if she caught it in Jamaica?

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 11th April 2015, 12:34 am by Truthseeker4449

I dunno, I had not heard she had been out of the country.

Back to top Go down

TheCapsFan

Post 11th April 2015, 1:23 pm by TheCapsFan

i heard from a senior friend she was in Jamaica over Spring Break. :/

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 11th April 2015, 1:33 pm by Truthseeker4449

I suppose it's possible, but it'll be hard to prove. In any case, she was at school the day before she passed away right? Do you know if they will be closing the school for decontamination, assuming such a thing is required in this case? Though I would imagine that would be a huge nightmare and a half if they had to do that.

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 4th June 2015, 12:20 am by Truthseeker4449

So.... I learned today that one of my favorite teacher's daughters works in the local Pediatrics Emergency Room. And as one might have already guessed, she was on duty that night...

The girl did actually manage to walk into the ER, but she was practically a ghost of her former self, virtually unrecognizable. Most notably, she was covered in a severe rash.

That's all I was told in regards to her condition and in some ways I'm glad to be spared the details as she died the following morning. A morbid testament to the quick and lethal power of that disease...

If this didn't hit me personally before, it does now.

Back to top Go down

TheCapsFan

Post 4th June 2015, 12:37 am by TheCapsFan

Truthseeker4449 wrote:So.... I learned today that one of my favorite teacher's daughters works in the local Pediatrics Emergency Room. And as one might have already guessed, she was on duty that night...

The girl did actually manage to walk into the ER, but she was practically a ghost of her former self, virtually unrecognizable. Most notably, she was covered in a severe rash.

That's all I was told in regards to her condition and in some ways I'm glad to be spared the details as she died the following morning. A morbid testament to the quick and lethal power of that disease...

If this didn't hit me personally before, it does now.

...That's probably the most details anyone has on her death. That's really frightening...

They had a page in the yearbook dedicated to her. There was a picture with pretty much half the school (me included) wearing pink and holding a sign with her hashtag.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum