Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your desktop background?

+14
Burnin' Bunnies
Dragel
Subconscious Drift
Cap'n Jack
Meyneth
Lief Katano
Chibster
Katuna Makata
Princess
returnofmastercrazyhand
Truthseeker4449
Greece
Nopon
Caprizant
18 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What's your desktop background? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's your desktop background?

Post by Caprizant 6th August 2015, 12:45 pm

new desktop background:
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

What's your desktop background? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's your desktop background?

Post by Katuna Makata 23rd September 2015, 2:19 pm

The European and Japanese cover art of ICO without text. Probably my favorite videogame cover of all time:

It's inspired by Giorgio de Chirico's "The Nostalgia of the Infinite." It's been like four years since I got my laptop and I have never changed it. I just love it so much. qwq And lament how we got this shit instead for the US release:
Spoiler:

I also use it for the background on my phone and the header of my tumblr.
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

: 8D :

Myers-Briggs Type : IDEK
Alignment : True Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd September 2015, 2:25 pm

I'm the same way with my desktop background. After I found Saeko, I haven't used another background since...

Still need to get Ico (and SotC), but yeah, the US cover art is really awful...
Laughing at the "America Fuck Yeah!" version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katuna Makata 23rd September 2015, 2:50 pm

jo wrote:I'm the same way with my desktop background. After I found Saeko, I haven't used another background since...

Still need to get Ico (and SotC), but yeah, the US cover art is really awful...
Laughing at the "America Fuck Yeah!" version.
Oh ho ho Sailor's Mind

I blame ICO's poor US release sales on that damn cover. It's so awful and generic (but yes that "America Fuck Yeah!" does soothe things a bit.)

Yeeeeees if you ever get the opportunity I highly recommend them. I haven't played Flower or Journey but I think they're similar in minimalist storytelling that gets you wrapped up in it with the atmosphere, music, and gorgeous scenery (someone correct me if I'm wrong about Flower and Journey.) ICO also has a novel adaption that's been translated into English by Alexander O. Smith. I have a copy of it that I haven't started reading yet. Might get on that during my flight next week.

Between the two, I prefer SotC because iirc I got more frustrated while playing ICO, but really, both are great.

Would also recommend The Last Guardian when it comes out because HOLY SHIT THIS GAME THIS FINALLY GOING TO BE RELEASED TO COMPLETE THE TRILOGY
Trailer from this year's E3 that made my day:

I CAN FINALLY HAVE A BIRD-DOG OF MY OWN TO RIDE AROUND YOU GUYS I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR SIX YEARS

Last edited by Khaki Makoto on 23rd September 2015, 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wish i knew how to link properly)
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd September 2015, 3:21 pm

Yeah, I also heard that was one of the reason why Ico did so bad here in the states...

Definitely going to get them next chance I get to buy video games. I can't comment on Flower since I haven't seen much of it, but I have seen an LP of Journey, and I can confirm that you are right about it being similar with the story, music, and gorgeousness.

Also heard about the novel, and have considered getting it. I would like to play the game first though.

And yes, Last Guardian is one of the many reasons why I'm wanting a PS4 right now! Just wish I had the money for one...

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibster 23rd September 2015, 3:25 pm

Khaki Makoto wrote:
Would also recommend The Last Guardian when it comes out because HOLY SHIT THIS GAME THIS FINALLY GOING TO BE RELEASED TO COMPLETE THE TRILOGY
Trailer from this year's E3 that made my day:
I CAN FINALLY HAVE A BIRD-DOG OF MY OWN TO RIDE AROUND YOU GUYS I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR SIX YEARS
ME TOO KM, ME TOO!What's your desktop background? - Page 3 Epiclaplz

I've had this wallpaper for years and I still have yet to finish the game:
Chibster
Chibster

Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Katuna Makata 23rd September 2015, 3:55 pm

jo wrote:Yeah, I also heard that was one of the reason why Ico did so bad here in the states...

Definitely going to get them next chance I get to buy video games. I can't comment on Flower since I haven't seen much of it, but I have seen an LP of Journey, and I can confirm that you are right about it being similar with the story, music, and gorgeousness.

Also heard about the novel, and have considered getting it. I would like to play the game first though.
Ah, you already knew that, apologies for repeating that info then.

Excellent! >:D At both your hopeful future purchases and about Journey.

Yeah I'd say play the game before reading the novel. (For me, I'm horrible with descriptions of characters and buildings and tend to substitute ones already available in my mind for them until actually provided with a visual of them.)

Chibs wrote:
kool-aid wrote:And yes, Last Guardian is one of the many reasons why I'm wanting a PS4 right now! Just wish I had the money for one...
ME TOO KM, ME TOO!What's your desktop background? - Page 3 Epiclaplz

I've had this wallpaper for years and I still have yet to finish the game:
Excellent! Part II. What's your desktop background? - Page 3 Plottingplz

We can all enjoy our bird-doggies together.

Speculation/Spoilers about chronology of the games and the ending of TLG:

And for shame, Chibs, you need to get on that post-haste! Finger Wiggle

No bias from SS being one of the three LoZ games I've actually played to completion or near completion
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd September 2015, 4:13 pm

Khaki Makoto wrote:Ah, you already knew that, apologies for repeating that info then.
No need to apologize. Dreaming

Excellent! >:D At both your hopeful future purchases and about Journey.
I also plan to get Journey if I get a PS4, but omg they are so expensive... Horrified

You guys will probably be enjoying them long before I do...

spoilery response:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibster 23rd September 2015, 4:21 pm

Kaki Makotoh wrote:
And for shame, Chibs, you need to get on that post-haste! :nono:
No bias from SS being one of the three LoZ games I've actually played to completion or near completion
I'm sowwy KM, pwease forgib me! What's your desktop background? - Page 3 Tumblr_m92cb9DoEA1qgsbho

jokool wrote:I also plan to get Journey if I get a PS4, but omg they are so expensive... :horrified:
I misread that and thought you said Journey is expensive. xD

Have either of you seen how expensive a PS4 with P.T on it is? I had it before and I deleted it! x_x
Chibster
Chibster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd September 2015, 4:27 pm

I heard those were going for insanely high prices... like thousands upon thousands at least?

Speaking of pricey consoles: I'm still upset that the Darth Vader PS4 is going to be $450 while other bundles are only $400, including the new Destiny Taken King console bundle....

Also, I love how we've turned this thread into a Sony video game topic. Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Meyneth 23rd September 2015, 4:34 pm

Since my computer was recently reset I lost all my old desktop backgrounds, so I'm currently using this one.

It's not as pixely on my computer:
Meyneth
Meyneth

: Let's Be Heroes!

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 23rd September 2015, 5:29 pm

Desktop on my Chromebook:
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~

Back to top Go down

Post by Meyneth 25th September 2015, 2:19 pm

been in a Ghibli mood:
Meyneth
Meyneth

: Let's Be Heroes!

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 6th October 2015, 2:31 pm

Changed my Chrome Background to this.
Spoiler:

I don't like how I can't clear clutter from the screen, nor that many backgrounds are not free. Worse still, it appears some are uploading freeware backgrounds as payware ones. I saw several cases of this picture alone. But the top bar looks awesome now.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th October 2015, 6:29 pm

maybe?:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum