Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grandship

+2
Greece
Lief Katano
6 posters

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

Grandship - Page 28 Empty Re: Grandship

Post by Guest 29th August 2016, 3:04 pm

Ah, I get it now! That was a good explanation. Dunsparce Approves

Also, I figured that was [spoiltext]the same chamber Victoria was in. Just kind of baffled as to why he was in there in the first place, but it makes more sense now.[/spoiltext]

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 29th August 2016, 3:08 pm

If it makes you feel better, I was confused at the ending, too. :V
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29th August 2016, 6:12 pm

Quick question about the demo! Does it have a thing where I can get extra villagers like in the Bravely Default demo, or is that not a thing?

Also, what are the play bonuses this time?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 29th August 2016, 7:40 pm

The transfer bonus is still there, but there isn't a cheat for it. SE wised up this time.

...I mean, there's a hundred other ways to trivialize the game (full, if not the demo). But that specific one is gone.

Bonuses Are:
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29th August 2016, 8:49 pm

Well, the rewards don't seem to be too great (except maybe the elixer) if I do miss anything, so I guess it's not that big a deal. Granted, I do have more time to bdedicate to this demo since it'll probably be a while before I actually get the full game (might ask for it for Christmas).

Just one more thing... For those of you who have played and completed Bravely Second.... Without spoiling the game for me... Is the second half as repetitive as it was in Bravely Default?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 29th August 2016, 8:53 pm

Not even close.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29th August 2016, 9:14 pm

Phew! Good to know.

Oh, while I'm here:

thoughts on the demo so far:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 29th August 2016, 9:44 pm

I'd say Wizard's Spellcraft isn't "anywhere near as complicated" but I'd be a horrible liar. :V

While you have the Spellcraft support ability equipped, nearly all magic gives you the option to add an...er, add-on on. Spellcraft add-ons are gained as the individual rises in job levels, not by buying them (and raising job levels :V), and are only limited in usage by MP. Add-ons, of course, affect the properties of the spell that you add them to - letting you set them as an auto-counter, have the spell reoccur at the end of turn, giving them priority, etc. etc. A lot of add-ons also give another multiplier to the spell's damage.

The main cost - besides MP - of using add-ons is that they take up another turn. Note that this is distinct from costing BP. If you use an add-on, you can only use three other actions that turn - two if you use two.

This might sound like a pretty heavy cost, but given the sheer usefulness of Spellcraft, it's a non-issue. Especially notable is that all of them (except for Mist and I think Wall) force the spell to be considered "single-target". If a spell is normally forced multi-target (e.g. Summon, Spirit Magic, Meteor), then the spell gets a further 2.0 multiplier.

tl;dr: spellcraft is cool and you should use it, unless you don't want to end up cheesing the game
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29th August 2016, 10:28 pm

I like cheesing. I had Edea at one point as a Pirate with Natural Talent and Conjuror abilities so that she could max out her attack and critical with the conjuror summon, lower the defense with the Shell Split ability, then use up a sp to have her break the limit and one shot one of the crystal bosses with the quad damage ability. I think it did over 80,000 damage (might have misread it since I had the game speed up)? I know that combo can at least do over 20,000 damage (since I have it as my current send attack and that's what it came up as). If that ain't cheesing, then I'll eat my hat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 29th August 2016, 10:46 pm

Raise mist and Curaga Mist were great

I cheesed some parts of the game pretty well with those spells and possession
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 29th August 2016, 10:51 pm

Then Spellcraft is the ability for you! Praise feathers!

Seriously, though, Rain is beautiful (particularly when combined with hit-all abilities, since single-target abilities with Rain are bugged, apparently). It causes the spell to hit random targets four times. Sure, it has a 0.6x multiplier...except it's actually x1.2, because you're using a "focused" hit-all ability, and it hits four times, so it's effectively x4.8 (with a light damage limit break ability, so even without Bravely Second, it can deal 39996 damage).

Meteor is defined as a multi-target ability. So that's an easy 39996 damage right there.

Summons aren't as good, but they're cheaper than Meteor Rain, have an element...oh, and Summon Surge stacks each time a Rain hit connects.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29th August 2016, 11:05 pm

Loopy I think this may be one of those things where I learn it better by actually seeing it first...

Also....I reeeeeeeally want to do a Magnolia theme now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Meyneth 1st September 2016, 1:12 am

*Tosses this onto the thread*:
Meyneth
Meyneth

: Let's Be Heroes!

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19th September 2016, 2:08 pm

So, I've been trying to complete the Bravely Second Demo lately, and I've noticed something...it's annoying trying to complete the Bestiary... I've already maxed out my levels and every job for everyone trying to fill every detail in, and I'm still missing stuff!

Also, leveling up Pharm-Lab and Munitions Factory to Lv5 is taking longer than I thought it would... Niagara Falls

One question about the final requirement: Do I have to play through the entire demo again to get the Legendary Cavalier Set, or can I just switch to hard mode before the final boss and still get everything?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 19th September 2016, 3:12 pm

Just beating the boss on Hard should be enough.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum: