Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

to boldly go where no man has gone before

+7
Truthseeker4449
Meyneth
Apocrypha
Burnin' Bunnies
Impossibear
Kaede Akamatsu
returnofmastercrazyhand
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

to boldly go where no man has gone before - Page 3 Empty Re: to boldly go where no man has gone before

Post by Cap'n Jack 11th August 2016, 10:54 am

You know what? A role-play would be fun. I've never been in a role-play before, and the Pit Stop is small enough that I think I can stay on top of things (watch me be wrong). Although, I'll be back in school in a few days so if I'm gonna be here at all it's gonna be on mobile... I'll try.

Alright, here's my character:

Jack's first RP character, please clap:
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Myers-Briggs Type : Someti

Back to top Go down

to boldly go where no man has gone before - Page 3 Empty Re: to boldly go where no man has gone before

Post by Apocrypha 11th August 2016, 12:43 pm

Jack, your application genuinely made me laugh like three times, and I'm capable of remaining stoic throughout Spaceballs and Blazing Saddles. Should I make a topic for this derp of an RP?

Also, Lief... soon.
Apocrypha
Apocrypha

: What am I doing :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th August 2016, 1:55 pm

Truthseeker4449 wrote:Or would I?

*walks towards Nanna with the wrench*
*steps in between Truthseeker4449 and Nanna* Angry

Lief Katano wrote:
Spoiler:
What if I just skillfully disarm him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocrypha 11th August 2016, 2:05 pm

jokool wrote:Angry

lol this emoticon looks constipated :B
Apocrypha
Apocrypha

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 11th August 2016, 2:27 pm

Apocrypha wrote:Jack, your application genuinely made me laugh like three times, and I'm capable of remaining stoic throughout Spaceballs and Blazing Saddles. Should I make a topic for this derp of an RP?

Jack was taken aback by Apocrypha's approval, and attempted a chuckle when he sensed that his startled reaction was off-putting. "Oh, stars above, I'm flattered! I don't know many people, of any rank, who have the inner strength to make it through a Mel Brooks movie unfazed. Why, then, are you just a cadet? You seem wise beyond your years."

He thumped his chest with his hand and said in an authoritative baritone, "Take it from me... I'm a cap'n."

Jack always insisted that his bridgemates refer to him as "cap'n", despite the fact that he neither pronounced the word "captain" correctly, nor was he actually a captain. In fact, this was his first day as a combat pilot, so he had no real "rank" to speak of. Or maybe pilots did have ranks, but if they did, Jack didn't know. Neither did this narrator.
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocrypha 11th August 2016, 4:27 pm

That's it, I'm making an RP thread. I'll give you the link or whatever when I'm done.
Apocrypha
Apocrypha

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocrypha 11th August 2016, 4:39 pm

Apocrypha
Apocrypha

Back to top Go down

Post by silence 11th August 2016, 5:14 pm

CHIEF OF STAFF,AND A RED SHIRT
silence
silence

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-A
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 11th August 2016, 6:06 pm

Lief Katano wrote:
Spoiler:
Who said anything about fighting, there's a loose bolt over here.

*tightens the bolt with the wrench*
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 11th August 2016, 7:37 pm

Off topic, but Deep Space Nine is my favorite, then The Next Generation, TOS, and Voyager is my least favorite. I never watched Enterprise, though.

I felt like Voyager was poorly written and they didn't really know what to make of Janeway. The holographic doctor was a cute idea, but they just made it awkward because we've seen Star Trek try to explore the same idea with androids being human, etc, so it just came off as "nnn, let's include this because we need some kind of human, but not really human character in our cast". I've met a lot of people who liked Voyager, though, so maybe it's just a select few of us that dislike it. I felt like Deep Space Nine handled its characters better.
Princess
Princess

Myers-Briggs Type : INTJ-A
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 11th August 2016, 10:57 pm

Princess wrote:Off topic, but Deep Space Nine is my favorite, then The Next Generation, TOS, and Voyager is my least favorite. I never watched Enterprise, though.

That's not off-topic, actually that is the exact topic of the thread. We're the ones who hijacked it, haha.

I haven't actually watched a lot of Star Trek... I'm ashamed of me, too. My mom is a huge fan, you'd think it would have rubbed off on me, but not yet.
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocrypha 11th August 2016, 11:18 pm

I've only seen TOS and TNG so far. Untrufax!

What would be a good intro episode for DS9?

Apocrypha
Apocrypha

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 12th August 2016, 2:42 am

Apocrypha wrote:I've only seen TOS and TNG so far. Untrufax!

What would be a good intro episode for DS9?

That's hard to say because one of the main differences between DS9 and the other series is it has a plot, as in, the last four to three seasons all build up on each other (like you can't really watch one episode because it won't make sense). The first few seasons are more episodic and classic star trek. There was one episode I really liked in the earlier seasons that was stand-alone, so I'll see if I can dig it up.

I think one of the reasons they built up a plot is probably because they realized it is hard to have a classic star trek series when the vessel is a space station instead of a star ship that is exploring the galaxy. Also, especially past the third season, there's a much bigger cast of recurring characters that aren't in the main opening.
Princess
Princess

Myers-Briggs Type : INTJ-A
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum