Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terrifying Changes

Go down

Terrifying Changes Empty Terrifying Changes

So, as you may know, my parents are divorced and live separately, and I switch between their houses often. I've been doing this for over a decade now.

But today, my mom told me that the company she works for is doing some shifting around, and she might not be able to keep her job here in Columbia. The pay is apparently really good, probably better than any other job here could get her without a college degree. And if she stops working there, she'll lose out on retirement benefits for working there for so long.
If she can't keep her job here or another position opens up, she may have to move to Illinois.

If that happens, my options are:
A. Move with her.
B. Stay with my dad.
C. Stay in her current house with somebody else.

I don't think I could go with her. There are just too many people here in Columbia that I love. If I stay with my dad, I'd have to figure out what to do with all the stuff I have at her house; his apartment's pretty small. If I live at her current house, well, that's a whole new level of responsibility I don't know I'm ready for. And this isn't even taking into account our pets.

The company's probably not gonna be making any final decisions for a couple months, but there's a good chance things are gonna change, one way or another.

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Terrifying Changes :: Comments

Post 19th September 2016, 6:22 pm by Guest

Oh sweet Lordy. I hope things work out okay for all of you... Sorry...That's all I can think of to say... I never know what to say in these situations...

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 19th September 2016, 8:13 pm by Nopon

I hope things turn out well, I'm not sure which of those options would be best as they all sound like they'd mean giving up something very important ;w;

Back to top Go down

Meyneth

Post 19th September 2016, 8:55 pm by Meyneth

That's really hard, my recommendation is that you "Make" choice and see how that feels. then it you're  not happy with it, or it doesn't feel right you choose another option. Hopefully you have plenty of time to see how it would feel. Just remember we're here for you.

Back to top Go down

returnofmastercrazyhand

Post 20th September 2016, 12:54 pm by returnofmastercrazyhand

that sucks, I hope for the best.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum