Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chibi Robo Zip Lash Thoughts

Go down

Chibi Robo Zip Lash Thoughts Empty Chibi Robo Zip Lash Thoughts

So I finally completed this game, and my thoughts are, this is a good game that could have been great.

A lot of the music is quite good, but some of the other music is really bland and forgettable. Here's a bit of the good music: Final Boss Music

The music also generally fit the atmosphere, for example, ice stages had nice icy tunes, while lava stages had some nice guitar riffs (at least I'm remembering them as guitars)

Level wise, most of the levels were well made and actually fun to traverse, there were interesting gimmicks to change things up (riding a rail cart, using bombs, conveyor belts, etc) but since many of them were barely used, it left you wanting more of the good ones, but grateful at the lack of the worse ones (chibi sub can go die). There were also minigame style levels such as one where you float around and swing to lower yourself, a water skiing level, and skateboarding. They were fun changes of pace, and I'd like to see them a bit more (I think you only get 2 of each).

This being a chibi robo game, most of the characters are charming and fun, though they were relegated to dumping out candy descriptions.

The reason this game took me so long to complete (I got it the monday after release day) was because of the collectibles system being so....awful and generic. Each level has the following to collect:

1) Moolah
2) 3 big coins
3) 3 chibitots
4) snacks
5) scrap

Of those, only two of them do anything, and that's the moolah. You use moolah to pay for items to help you out like a back up battery or a jet to save you when you fall in a pit (those are your only options for almost all the game) then at the end you use it to buy giant robot parts.

The snacks are collected and given to toys who eat em, and give you a description of the snack (all the snacks are real world snacks) and if you give em all the snacks in the world, you get a costume!

Scrap is tossed into an incinerator to generate watts which act as your HP. All generated watts get added to a pool of watts you can get hp from by using an outlet, and they are also used when you restart a stage due to death, thus there are no lives, just a giant pool of HP.

That's it.

Chibitots are annoying robots that run when they see you and you have to catch 3 for some reason, and the coins are just big coins, and they do NOTHING Praise feathers!

Oh, moolah does one more thing, it lets you buy panels for the destination roulette. Basically you don't pick what stage you go to, instead you spin a wheel to pick how many spaces you move, thus picking your stage that way...that'd be interesting...IF IT DIDN'T MOVE SO SLOW THAT YOU CAN GET THE NUMBER YOU WANT ANYWAY! There is a boss difficulty roulette which I actually liked as it made it possible to get an easier boss if you got the panels, but I always played the regular boss :V

Then there are bonus unlockable costumes that you get by....replaying a stage, finding a lost alien and taking it to a certain spot where spinning it summons a ship you return the alien to and thus get your reward! Which has a very high chance of being moolah so you'd have to replay the stage plenty of times to get the costume....or a number. You can guarantee the aliens give you a costume by entering a code from your home, and the code is made of the numbers you get from the chests, which have a low chance of appearing! But don't fear, there is a miiverse community where you can get the numbers people share! Oh wait, that means people would have to replay the levels enough to get numbers then share them...

Getting codes for the first world that way is fine, but for later stages you'll have a tough time, especially since the community is over run by smashers now...You're better off finding the codes elsewhere.

Since I was playing to get all the collectables, I got burnt out so I stopped playing, despite the fun levels and really cool boss fights (seriously they are cool, giant robot kangaroo, giant egyption robosnake, giant evil bat umbrella energy vampire, breakout and a ufo....also a giant robot battle! there is also a robo fish but you use the sub to fight him so lets not speak of him)

Some changes I'd make would be, have collecting the chibitots give you the costumes, or you buy them with big coins, just to actually reward you for collecting them, and getting rid of the destination wheel as it did nothing.

Basically this game is fun for a playthrough, but to get 100% is tedious and awful.
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit