Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Arcade [v4]

+10
Greece
Caprizant
Chibster
Burnin' Bunnies
Lief Katano
TheCapsFan
returnofmastercrazyhand
Meyneth
Truthseeker4449
Nopon
14 posters

Page 43 of 67 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Go down

The Galactic Arcade [v4] - Page 43 Empty Re: The Galactic Arcade [v4]

Post by Cap'n Jack 7th March 2016, 9:41 pm

Lief Katano wrote:I mean

only TMS#FE and I guess, to an extent, Persona 3 and 4 are "weeb games"

yes I saw the sarcasm sense

no, your post does not make any more sense.

Devil Survivor can get pretty weeby, too. I mean, take one look at Hinako's entire design. She appears to be wearing a handful of black tablecloths as her outfit, gigantic knockers, AND horn-rimmed glasses just to seal the deal. But of course, I love Devil Survivor and Persona, so no harm done. I don't have much of an interest in #FE, but a substantial part of that may simply be because I don't own a Wii U. :P
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Myers-Briggs Type : Someti

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 7th March 2016, 11:12 pm

Recently I've been wondering, how open minded would you say your are when it comes to games? Do you instantly love games just because of where they come? Do you instantly hate games for not being exactly what you wanted? Do you play everything, or focus on select genres never departing from it?

I like to think that I play lots of different genres, but I tend to stick to adventure and puzzle games, rpgs are cool too and so are platformers. I don't do much fighting (the skill floor bugs me) and shooter (this is a bias I need to work on) not sure about other stuff, what about you?
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th March 2016, 11:45 pm

I have a wide variety of interests, and I think I will play just about any genre of games, whether they be shooters, puzzles, platformers, sandbox, rpgs, you name it, I'll play it.

I do tend to vary on what I like more now and then though. A good example of this is the playtime I have on Just Cause 2 (40+ hours) and Saints Row 4 (almost 70 hours). Last time I've played those was back in December and recently, I've been playing games like Pokémon and Bravely Default on my 2DS, and SMITE on my computer.

As for how open minded I am when it comes to a game, it depends. Sometimes, I'll just instantly fall in love with it because it's something that I'm familiar with (Pokémon being the best example of this), other times, I usually am neutral on a game until a certain thing or point stands out to me and makes me go, "WOW!" And then there's just games that feel good for me, either in controls, story, or just...feels.

Ultimately, I'm just open to anything, and I have many different things I like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 8th March 2016, 2:15 pm

My taste in games is not very diverse, I think. By far the games I get the most excited for are role-playing games. Between turn-based, strategy, and action RPGs, it's plenty for me. I also have huge soft spots for action-adventure games (thanks to Zelda and countless other generic action-adventures I played as a kid) and real-time strategy games (thanks to Pikmin, Civilization, and Age of Empires).

Beyond that, I've only skimmed the surface of most other genres. The only fighting game I care about is Super Smash Bros.. I haven't played a lot of first-person shooters just because I haven't gotten my hands on many of them. I'm not too big on hack-and-slash games because I just see them as action-adventures without the adventure. I guess I like platformers because I like Mario and Sonic, but I don't get excited for new platformers, like I get excited for role-playing games and sometimes action-adventures. I don't really care about racing games unless it's Mario Kart or something. I don't really care about sports games unless it's Tony Hawk or something.

I think a big part of the reason I don't have very wide horizons is because I really, really don't care about on-line multi-player at all. I've never played a game on-line. I have a good friend who loves on-line games, he loves stuff like Dota, Call of Duty, Street Fighter, League of Legends, and he says it's because he sees video games as systems that he wants to master. That's what makes video games fulfilling to him, is figuring out how to be the best. He tells me that he doesn't understand how I can be so narrowly focused on single-player games. That's an important distinction to make; I play local multi-player to have fun with friends around the TV, but what I really take seriously is single-player, to invest myself in the challenges the game presents to me, and immerse myself in the stories that they tell.

As a matter of fact, it just so happens that I'm going to my friend's house on Friday because he's having a Super Smash Bros. tournament. It's super fun to go in as Zelda (the best character) and see people's reactions to that, and then get my butt kicked and watch my friends who are a million times better than me, but you can bet I'm going to go home after that and immediately boot up my PS2 to get a little further in Persona 3, and the latter is the experience that makes video games really valuable to me.
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 8th March 2016, 4:50 pm

I'm probably biased towards RPGs (and maybe a bit more for action RPGs because of Tales of) and more story oriented games, and Nintendo that's not a genre. As such I have more of an interest in characters and plots than game play (but there are some games that are so satisfying to play that I don't even pay the plot much attention). I tend to never really play shooters 3rd or 1st mainly because they're usually rated M and ,to be honest this is an unfair biased, because a lot of the kids at school play them relatively religiously; so I see shooters and I end up thinking about people I don't like which probably influences my distaste for the series. That said I did play the Metriod Prime Trilogy and... wasn't impressed to say the least, so I generally just don't have an affinity for the genre.

Most Nintendo series (Zelda, Pokemon, etc..) usually get an insta like from be because of nostalgia (and quality because they're great) while I usually love any of the new Tales of games (Though I'll always be Abyss for life) as they've hit the right spot for me enough times to earn my loyalty. I have been getting some more games on steam which has helped me try a few genres I don't play as much, but I've barely branched out (probably because I spend my time on 40+ hours JRPGs). Though I don't really play the more "main stream" PC games (Leauge, Dota, etc..) mainly because I  don't like the vibes I get from the communities and players. They're too angry and competitive for me. I mean I like challenge and sometimes harder difficulties, but I don't like competitions and the atmosphere they tend to give off.
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 8th March 2016, 5:21 pm

Seems like you have a really similar attitude to mine, Greece. Don't even get me started on how silly and pointless this "esports" trend is becoming. Even a relatively kiddy game like Super Smash Bros. has a rabid fan-base with celebrities and big-name events, which is fun for me because I have friends who are really into that whole scene so I can observe the competitive atmosphere from a distance (now I can even understand sentences like "MANG0 WITH AN UPSMASH-TO-BAIR AND M2K IS SHOWING THAT SALT HERE AT EVO"), but it gets really stupid when people start paying their bills by playing video games like a spectator sport, and take video games so seriously that they'll insult people for their choice in what brand of mouse pad you use or something. I mean, I guess I take video games really seriously too for narrative reasons, and of course the stakes are much higher if they've become your livelihood, but... the difference is that I don't take myself that seriously. Those guys at Optic and Faze or however you spell it, need to get real jobs.
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 8th March 2016, 9:16 pm

Speaking of which, I was able to see that for myself because...

dun, dududundundundun dun, dududundundundun DUN...

I HAVE STEAM NOW!!!!!

I actually made a Steam account many years ago when I purchased Portal 2, and then I had to switch computers and promptly abandoned Portal and Steam as a whole. The other day, though, I thought to myself, "Setting up Steam is really simple, so I don't really have a reason to not get it back." So I did.

Is this the part where I share my user name or whatever? Someone hold my hand through this, please.
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 8th March 2016, 9:34 pm

I missed the entire "spilling out what games we like" bit, but.

I have a weird mixture of tastes, in that I prefer gameplay over story, and yet my most common genre is role-playing games. I'm not entirely certain how I reached that point, but the gameplay needs to be good in order for me to get myself through the plot. (Which is why I prefer Nohr over Hoshido in Fire Emblem Fates; even with the apparently worse story in Conquest, the maps have a larger variety and, if nothing else, have some gimmicks - even on the "kill everything maps" there's a few... I don't want to say "gimmick", because that seems to have negative connotations, but "gimmick" that keep you on your toes. Contrast with the more vanilla "kill everything" in Hoshido... There's been some different objectives, yeah, but most of it is just "kill everything". I mean, even on one of the escape maps, I was capable of just barely not killing everything. And at least one of the things I didn't kill was next to impossible for me to kill! (It was Garon.))

My standards for gameplay are kinda weird, though. I'm perfectly fine with turn-based battles, though admittedly the FOE system in Etrian Odyssey kind of mixes that up a bit.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th March 2016, 9:42 pm

Jack Pschitt wrote:Is this the part where I share my user name or whatever? Someone hold my hand through this, please.

You don't have to if you don't want to. But plz add me to your friend list. Coy Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 8th March 2016, 9:45 pm

My Steam name is "alternate_grammar". Add me or something, I don't know how it works. I haven't even been able to change my avatar, and I've tried.
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 8th March 2016, 9:51 pm

How strange, your username isn't coming up in the search menu.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 8th March 2016, 10:10 pm

Try typing "4/20 Blai$in".

Don't ask.
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th March 2016, 10:23 pm

Found ya!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 8th March 2016, 10:29 pm

I saw that! I still can't change my avatar!
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 67 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next