Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 17 - Once again, our king is terrible at names

+15
returnofmastercrazyhand
RedCydranth
silence
TheCapsFan
Gravitas
Greece
Critical Sass
Burnin' Bunnies
Nopon
Caprizant
Chibster
Lief Katano
Meyneth
Dragel
Truthseeker4449
19 posters

Page 50 of 67 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 17 - Once again, our king is terrible at names - Page 50 Empty Re: Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 17 - Once again, our king is terrible at names

Post by Guest 24th October 2015, 8:50 am

I Agree I like to understand what the person I'm listening to is singing.

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 17 - Once again, our king is terrible at names - Page 50 Empty Re: Random Ramblings: Season 4 - Episode 17 - Once again, our king is terrible at names

Post by Cap'n Jack 24th October 2015, 8:58 am

TheCapsFan wrote:*plays "My Heart Will Go On" on recorder*

I just saw a video of this being shared on Facebook by my old band teacher from high school. Are we telepathically connected or something?
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Myers-Briggs Type : Someti

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 24th October 2015, 9:11 am

Charles wrote:*listens to the motherfucking Undertale OST like the loser I am*
You aren't really a loser for listening to the OST.

You'd only really be the loser if you said Undertale was the best game (or even best RPG) ever.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 24th October 2015, 9:16 am

As everyone knows, Pokemon is the best RPG series ever.

///////////sarcasm
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravitas 24th October 2015, 9:22 am

IDK, it has one of the deepest battle systems of any RPG. I think it's the first RPG that allows you to competitively play against other people, unless there was a Final Fantasy 7 Versus Mode I didn't know about.
Gravitas
Gravitas

: Filled with DETERMINATION. :

Alignment : Chaotic Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 24th October 2015, 9:40 am

That isn't really part of the battle system. It's just standard turn-based.

Now, if we're waxing on about great battle systems, then the Press Turn system from SMT Nocturne/IV/Digital Devil Saga is the best.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 24th October 2015, 9:41 am

Pokemon is definitely one of my favorites for how accessible it is and how much it appeals to the imagination, which allowed me to build a huge nostalgic attachment to it. Lately I've been getting into Shin Megami Tensei, which honestly is sorta like a Pokemon for mature adults like me, in that there are resistances and weaknesses, and you can recruit most of the enemies you encounter in the game. I'm currently playing through the first game on my iPhone, and I'm astonished by how deep and involving the story is, while still taking into account the interactive nature of the video game form. I do have one HUGE complaint about a segment of the game I just got through which yanked me right out of the immersion and is going to take a while to get back into it, but the fact that I've taken so many twists and turns in the story up to this point, and there's so much symbolic meat on its bones, probably means that I'll be back into the swing of things in no time.
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravitas 24th October 2015, 9:44 am

Lief Katano wrote:That isn't really part of the battle system. It's just standard turn-based.

Now, if we're waxing on about great battle systems, then the Press Turn system from SMT Nocturne/IV/Digital Devil Saga is the best.
Good point, sorry about that mistake. I still think that Pokemon's multiplayer aspect is pretty cool.

What's Press Turn like?
Gravitas
Gravitas

: Filled with DETERMINATION. :

Alignment : Chaotic Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 24th October 2015, 9:53 am

The first Shin Megami Tensei doesn't have Press-Turn, so I don't really know what it's like either. I have SMT IV sitting on my 2DS, so I can find out whenever I want, but I want to finish the first game before that, so I'm in a state of self-inflicted ignorance. :P
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 24th October 2015, 10:28 am

*rolls in*
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibster 24th October 2015, 10:30 am

TheCapsFan wrote:*plays "My Heart Will Go On" on recorder*
I'm still upset that the composer of it died. :/

Lief Katano wrote:
You'd only really be the loser if you said
Lief Katano wrote: Undertale was the best game (or even best RPG) ever.
You just said it! xP
Chibster
Chibster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 24th October 2015, 10:58 am

Jack Pschitt wrote:Pokemon is definitely one of my favorites for how accessible it is and how much it appeals to the imagination, which allowed me to build a huge nostalgic attachment to it. Lately I've been getting into Shin Megami Tensei, which honestly is sorta like a Pokemon for mature adults like me, in that there are resistances and weaknesses, and you can recruit most of the enemies you encounter in the game. I'm currently playing through the first game on my iPhone, and I'm astonished by how deep and involving the story is, while still taking into account the interactive nature of the video game form. I do have one HUGE complaint about a segment of the game I just got through which yanked me right out of the immersion and is going to take a while to get back into it, but the fact that I've taken so many twists and turns in the story up to this point, and there's so much symbolic meat on its bones, probably means that I'll be back into the swing of things in no time.
It's really great to hear that you're enjoying the first SMT!
Gravitas wrote:
Lief Katano wrote:That isn't really part of the battle system. It's just standard turn-based.

Good point, sorry about that mistake. I still think that Pokemon's multiplayer aspect is pretty cool.

What's Press Turn like?
Each side gets its own turn, Fire Emblem style. The side whose turn it currently is gets a number of Press Turns equal to the amount of currently alive party members. (This is obviously changed for boss-type enemies, who get more Press Turns.) An action typically costs one Press Turn, so, under normal circumstances, you'll get one action for each party member.

The non-normal circumstance is hitting an enemy's weakness or scoring a critical hit, which only consumes half of a turn icon - which really works the same way, it just can't be converted into a half turn icon. Missing an attack or using an attack on an enemy that nulls it costs two turn icons, while using an attack on an enemy that reflects or absorbs it costs all of your team's Press Turns.

This goes back and forth between both sides until one is dead.

I love it. It rewards being prepared, but doesn't make the bosses too easy (generally they'll carry at least two elemental attacks, and it's generally hard to carry more than one null/reflect/drain on a singular party member; there's also almighty attacks, which don't affect Press Turns at all besides the standard cost, and Phys attacks are generally hard to null/reflect/drain, especially early-game). It can make random encounters rather easy, because the enemy can not even get a single turn, but that's great if you need to grind (if, for nothing else, expanding your level to get the demons you need).
Chibster wrote:
Lief Katano wrote:
You just said it! xP
But I don't hold that opinion.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragel 24th October 2015, 11:01 am

Persona 4 though
Dragel
Dragel

: Professional Shitposter

Alignment : Lawful Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th October 2015, 11:49 am

Chibster wrote:
Lief Katano wrote:
You just said it! xP
Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCapsFan 24th October 2015, 12:15 pm

So many paragraphs, I'm too lazy to read them all. :U
TheCapsFan
TheCapsFan

: Writing The Future

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 50 of 67 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next