Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polling for suggestions

Go down

Polling for suggestions Empty Polling for suggestions

So... I can't be a bus driver because I am neither old enough or experienced enough for the local school districts. Instead I'm now looking at working at a local grocery store and I get to pick my hours. I'm a bit uncertain about what hours to pick though and so I ask you guys to give me some advice.

Right now my college schedule (including commuting times) takes up

Monday: 4:00 PM to 1:00 AM
Tuesday: 5:20 AM to 8:30 AM
Wednesday: 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Thursday: 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Friday: 5:20 AM to 8:30 AM

My evening diesel classes are of little concern to me as the workload so far is minimal and will remain that way as far as I know, which is typical of these kinds of classes. My English class is what I'm really worried about. I do know I will have to write a couple of large papers as part of this course and it seems I have to write one page response to an article/story every week until the end of the semester (late December).

Also there is one thing I really need to keep in mind, I will have pay for classes for the Spring Semester sometime in the last three months of the year. These courses should all be related to my diesel program and be evening courses again. I expect to have to pay a similar tuition bill for that semester as I did for this semester and I'm about $1,000 short at the moment so I need to find a balance between hours worked and time for homework. And at the same time pray like mad that I can keep the maintenance expenses of my truck as down as much as possible. I will soon need at least one new tire. And a timing belt job... Also the transmission's input bearing...
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Polling for suggestions :: Comments

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 1st September 2015, 6:25 pm by Burnin' Bunnies

Do you happen to know the starts and ends of shifts for the grocery store so I can more visualize a schedule?

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 1st September 2015, 8:30 pm by Truthseeker4449

There are no shifts, I choose what hours I want to work.

Back to top Go down

Post 1st September 2015, 10:27 pm by Guest

Well, it would seem that your weekends are open, so how do you feel about working weekends?

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 2nd September 2015, 8:32 am by Truthseeker4449

I'd probably have to work weekends given my situation whether I want to or not, but I can't work just weekends. I think I would prefer later hours on the weekend though.

Back to top Go down

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 2nd September 2015, 11:20 am by Burnin' Bunnies

Work mornings Wednesday and Thursday and work evening Friday.

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 2nd September 2015, 1:20 pm by Truthseeker4449

Just the three days?

Back to top Go down

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 2nd September 2015, 3:42 pm by Burnin' Bunnies

And the weekend, of course. :P

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 2nd September 2015, 4:17 pm by Truthseeker4449

I feel like I should be working all days of the week (if possible) given all my expenses for the next few months. Though perhaps not working Tuesday mornings would be wise given the sleep issue.

Back to top Go down

Post 2nd September 2015, 6:39 pm by Guest

If I were you, I'd avoid working on Tuesday and Friday. My experience with having to work very early in the morning has left me dead tired for the rest of the day, so working after waking up early for classes might not be a good idea.

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 2nd September 2015, 11:21 pm by Truthseeker4449

I haven't experienced it really so far, which so far has been running to my schedule. I can't remember when I started to run out of steam on Tuesday, but it was no earlier than mid-afternoon. Hmmm... I think on all days I'll ask to end at 3:00 pm.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down