Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contemplating

Go down

Contemplating Empty Contemplating

So today in my animation class some of the other kids wanted to look at my sketch book. While they were looking at it the teacher walked by and said it was good and left. Later when we were all checking out webcomics my teacher challenged me, or maybe he just said, that I could get extra credit if I made a webcomic and updated it for the year.

This just got me thinking Why not? I like drawing and I like writing. If I did this it would be a good way to increase my skills in both. even if I don't update it enough for extra credit it would be a good practice.

Though then I start thinking about how the quality would be pretty low. The best I can do is scan my pencil sketches, no digital coloring, or even line art. Not even colored pencils, just regular pencils sketches. Which isn't really a bad thing, that's just how it would be.

Then I started thinking about what it would be about. I have a story I like, but I'm not sure if I want to start with it right now. Do I want to wait until later when I think my skills are better? Or should I just do it even thought I like it better? If I just maintain this project for the year then maybe it would be better if I just did something that didn't really need an over arcing plot. But over arcing plots are fun! But writing is very good yet. And that's been my thought process all day!

I would also have to post the updates on DA as I don't have any means to host my own sight. There are those free webcomic places, but I don't really trust them/ever use them. I could post them in other places to, it's just a matter of effort.

I'm really thinking about doing it, but there's just some nagging in the back of my head.

Praise feathers!
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Contemplating :: Comments

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 31st August 2015, 5:26 pm by Burnin' Bunnies

That sounds like it would be interesting! I'd have to say, though, that dA is banned at school, so they wouldn't be able to check it in class. You'd have to use smackjeeves or taptastic, but I honestly don't know if those are free or not. I don't know very much how hiveworks works either, and I get the feeling that hiveworks wants something that would be continuous. But who knows?

Back to top Go down

Post 31st August 2015, 5:27 pm by Guest

If you don't feel like you're ready, then don't rush yourself. Make sure you feel like you're up to it before starting.

That said, I think it's cool that you're interested in doing this!

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 31st August 2015, 5:31 pm by Nopon

I say go for it! I mean that was my thought process with my let's play videos and it's been going good so far. As for the story, Zack from paranatural actually restarted his comic at least three times that I know of so why not try the story you like but if you don't like it after a while you can reboot it.

Also there are plenty of comics out there with no color, or just sketches. Heck look at xcdx!

We don't normally regret what we do, instead what we don't

Back to top Go down

Greece

Post 31st August 2015, 5:58 pm by Greece

Bunnies: Them checking it out at home would still work, though I will admit it would be easier and convenient if I didn't have to use DA. I've never heard of Smackjeeves or taptastic. Though a quick google search (and some messing around) seems to have proven that Smack is free, but there's premium membership and stuff. Tap is blocked on my computer so I can't see it at all.

From reading about Hiveworks (and just looking around) it seems more for continuous work, and they don't take applicants on a daily basis. They have some system where they have weeks where you'll apply and then they'll filter through them. It seems they got to many offers by just having it open.

So I guess I might look into Smack that way I don't have to use DA :U

Jokool: That's mainly what I'm thinking. 'I'm ready ready? Maybe I should wait longer... But I'm also starting to think that if I keep waiting I'll never get it started. I'll just keep sitting on the fence about it, so maybe getting myself to do it now will motivate me to get closer to one of my dreams.

Nopon: Zack restarted paranatural? now I wonder if I can find the older versions This is slightly more motivating to do the story I like better, because then I can experience with the characters more and work out ways to make them who I want to be. Though I don't really want to restart a bunch of times. I can see how it would actually help when I think about it, I just feel like it would take away a bit from the story. (But I really can see how it's a good idea) and I probably end up doing it >_>

I'm not really to concerned about the black and wight, it's just that my pencil sketches are really rough.

Stop sounding like the motivational posters on my class room walls XD

Back to top Go down

Post 31st August 2015, 6:13 pm by Guest

Now I feel like I should start my LP channel before I just forget about them and regret never starting it.

Back to top Go down

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 31st August 2015, 6:15 pm by Burnin' Bunnies

Now I feel like doing stuff for my comic, but school stuffs

Back to top Go down

Greece

Post 31st August 2015, 6:19 pm by Greece

LETS BE INSPIRATIONS TO EACH OTHER!!!!

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 1st September 2015, 10:18 am by Truthseeker4449

Do it.