Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just took a very, very cold shower...

Go down

Just took a very, very cold shower... Empty Just took a very, very cold shower...

As many of you know, I suck when it comes to matters of love and whatnot. In my life, I've had two crushes. Both were epic failures.

For those who don't know about this part of my life, here it is: My first crush was waaaaaaaaay back when I was 15. It was on a girl who went to the church I was going to at the time. I didn't really know her, and basically just thought she was cute and couldn't stop thinking about her... I never really got to talk to her much, so I never got to know her any better and would just end up smiling and waving at her from across the church...

so this was basically me when I was 15:

Second crush happened a year or so after that when I was like 16 or 17. It was on a girl I knew quite well over facebook. Our families had known each other for years, so when I signed up for facebook, she was one of my first friends on there, so we would chat a lot. Like I said, I felt like I knew her quite well, and after a while, developed feelings for her. Hell, I felt like I handled this crush excellently, saying the right things at the right times, other little things here and there, taking things nice and slow, building up something, stuff like that. Unfortunately, when she found out I had a crush on her, she turned me down saying that we lived too far apart (I'm in Oklahoma, she was in Texas) and that I was too old for her (I was around 2 years older)... This hit me hard... I felt pretty bad for a while, but I did try to stay friends with her. Unfortunately, we drifted apart and just sort of stopped talking altogether... She's probably the biggest reason why I don't do facebook anymore...

So yeah, my love live has been non existent, though, I'd say I was pretty close, or even did feel love, over my second crush, but yeah, so far, I've never had anything more than silly crushes on girls...

After that part of my life, I felt like maybe I just wasn't ready for a relationship and should just focus on other things until I do feel ready.

And now, here I am 22 years old, still feeling like I'm not ready (and never will be ready) for a relationship......

...and I have another crush...

...yes, you saw that right...after 5 years of trying to get over the failure that is my love life...I go and get another stupid crush...

I honestly feel like I'm a fucking 15 year old again: stupid, not thinking right, jumping at the smallest things....I don't know...

I've even been trying to fight it off, hide it, keep all girls off of my mind, going back to my original thought of not being ready for love or relationships or anything like that....

But after tonight....yeah, I can't hide it anymore... I have a fucking crush again...

Let's go back a bit: The girl I have a crush on this time is a girl I work with. I'd say the crush feelings started a few weeks ago or so. She's been at the store for about the same time(?) as I have, and we've worked together a few times, so I have gotten to talk with her quite a few times. She's nice, funny, very cute, we get along pretty well when we work together, and we seem to have a few things in common.

...Now for the problems I'm having and the reasons why I've been fighting these feelings...

First off, I feel like I still don't know her that well, so I'm having flashbacks of my first crush... Heck, I have no idea if she's even single, so she could have a boyfriend... Second, from what I do know about her, I get a few red flags waving in my head... She has said that she likes to drink, which, I don't mind too much, but I am kind of worried since she's under the legal age to drink... She's 18, soon to be 19, so that brings up another thing that worries me: I'm probably too old for her... I mean, if 2 years was "too old" then yeah, almost 4 years is probably a big deal breaker (unless she likes older guys)...

Another thing is that she's told me that she occasionally smokes.... That's like one of my main deal breakers when it comes to girls... I am very against smoking (though, my uncle is an exception to this since he's a gigantic ass hole if he doesn't smoke Dreaming). I feel like anyone who does smoke is just shortening their lives or making them worse as if they're poisoning themselves (again, uncle is an exception to this). I'm also very asthmatic, so smoke obviously is going to make me wheeze like crazy...

But anyway, for some reason, I still had some feelings deep inside even after all this. So that's why I've been holding them back and fighting them like crazy. I even thought I had overcome them...until tonight...

I'm working, and she comes in to help out since one of the other girls had to leave early. So, while we're working, we're talking a bit. One of the ladies who also works there is also talking with us. We were having quite an interesting conversation...and it took quite an interesting turn at the end...

Still kind of foggy how it went exactly, so I'll just go over the interesting turn: Somehow, our conversation basically turned into what would happen if we all ever got drunk together, and how I'd probably be off with the girl...if you know what I mean... Sailor's Mind...

...So yeah, when that came out, my mind kind of had a bit of a breakdown... Here I am, trying not to fall any harder for this girl than I already am, and then this picture pops into my head...

...I was so red in the face after that... I was also felt quite warm after that....and my knees kind of went to jelly for a bit...

...So yeah, after that moment, I'd say it's official....I have a crush on this girl.

...and I think everyone in the store knows it by now...

...and I feel like this crush is going to end up just as big a failure as the other two...

...Well, hopefully, I don't screw things up any worse than what they are. Maybe things will work out? I'm highly doubting that right now... But anyway, I think all I can do right now is at least try to be her friend. I still don't feel like I'm ready for a relationship, so friendship is probably all I can handle...if she even wants to be friends after all that... Annoyed

Also, holy crap I didn't realize how long this blog was! O_O So sorry to anyone who actually read through all of this...

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Just took a very, very cold shower... :: Comments

Truthseeker4449

Post 19th August 2015, 8:28 am by Truthseeker4449

I.... have no idea what to say. Virtually my whole love experience is from my own crush back in elementary school. I was all lovey-loopy but never really got a chance to really meet her very often due to our class scheduling. Then she changed her hair style and I no longer loved her.

And I've had little attraction since then, though I think most of my friends were girls. I was a bookworm through middle school and high school, usually having no fewer than 3 books of some kind on me at any given time.

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 19th August 2015, 8:48 am by Lief Katano

My advice would probably be to evaluate if all the other qualities of the girl would be able to outweigh the drinking and/or smoking problems. (It's possible that you could be able to negotiate, but you should probably prioritize dealing with it.)

As for the age, "too old" is definitely subjective. I mean, I'm fine with Luma and she's 2-3 years older than me. Of course, that still requires her to be fine with dating a man that's four years older than her...but it's not that massive of an age gap, at least.

Of course, this means approximately bollocks if she does have a Significant Other.

Back to top Go down

Post 19th August 2015, 9:05 am by Guest

Truthseeker4449 wrote:I.... have no idea what to say.

That's okay. I didn't really expect anyone to actually read through all of that (seriously had no idea how long that was getting until I hit preview... Sorry). I mainly just wanted to get that off my chest since I've been holding it back for so long. And because every time I try to talk to my family about stuff like this, I never can seem to get what I'm wanting to say out...

Virtually my whole love experience is from my own crush back in elementary school. I was all lovey-loopy but never really got a chance to really meet her very often due to our class scheduling. Then she changed her hair style and I no longer loved her.

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone just stop loving someone simply because they changed their hairstyle. Though, given that you were just a kid back then, I guess that sort of plays into that situation.

And I've had little attraction since then, though I think most of my friends were girls. I was a bookworm through middle school and high school, usually having no fewer than 3 books of some kind on me at any given time.

As I mentioned in the blog, I haven't really had any attraction to anyone since my last crush (though, I still go gaga for girls when I see a cute one...). Friend-wise, I've known very few girls (or guys for that matter...never had many friends growing up except for a couple of times). I think my problem is that I just haven't had much experience with people, especially ones of the opposite sex, so my mind just freaks out a bit when I start to get to know a girl...... Anger[/quote]
[/quote]

Back to top Go down

Post 19th August 2015, 9:12 am by Guest

Lief Katano wrote:My advice would probably be to evaluate if all the other qualities of the girl would be able to outweigh the drinking and/or smoking problems. (It's possible that you could be able to negotiate, but you should probably prioritize dealing with it.)

I have been doing that somewhat, and so far, from what little I do know, her qualities do seem to outweigh everything else, so that's probably why I still had a crush on her even after hearing about that...

As for the age, "too old" is definitely subjective. I mean, I'm fine with Luma and she's 2-3 years older than me. Of course, that still requires her to be fine with dating a man that's four years older than her...but it's not that massive of an age gap, at least.

I'm one of those people who thinks age doesn't matter that much as long as you love each other (though, there is a few exceptions to this which I won't bother with).

Of course, this means approximately bollocks if she does have a Significant Other.
...yeah...

Back to top Go down

Chibster

Post 19th August 2015, 10:28 am by Chibster

I understand what you mean about the drinking and smoking part. It's not bad at all to have a preference for people who don't do those. I had a crush last year on this guy who sat next to me in class and I would always talk to him and I wouldn't even feel nervous. He even had common interests in Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc and he helped me a lot with my math homework (he was really good at math).
I stopped liking him when I learned that he drank, smoke, AND he dealt with illegal drugs...

I think you should really get to know her a lot more, because you said you only started liking her a few weeks ago. Maybe this seems like bad advice, but maybe you can ask a co-worker that you are both close with if she has a bf/gf? Or since you have a Facebook, why not just try and search her up and check her relationship status if she has a profile?

Back to top Go down

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 19th August 2015, 11:54 am by Burnin' Bunnies

This sounds like an issue.
Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, I've never really had any "love life", but at the same time, I see love differently than many people this age do. I've only had 1 major crush in my life. He was a junior, I was a freshman, and we were in the same class. He was a very talented percussionist, and I admired him for that. Over time I started to realize that I actually had a crush on him rather than a simple "whow, you are cool! Teach me!" kinda attitude. Anyway, we moved, and I eventually got over him. He's still a good friend, though we don't really talk much. That's the case with all of my friends, though, so... :U

Obviously you care for her, and you want a relationship with her. But that doesn't mean you need to be her boyfriend, follow? Like, you can invite her on a date, but that doesn't mean she is your girlfriend. Maybe you can plan a get together with some of your coworkers or friends. Plan to do something fun. And invite her as your date. It doesn't need to be romantic, and this allows you to get to know her better, and if sometime down the road you feel more ready to ask her out, it will probably work better. She knows you, you know her, by then you would know if she had a boyfriend, and it could work out.

But as I said, I've never really been in that situation.

Edit: lol that was longer than I thought it would be! XD

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 19th August 2015, 12:37 pm by Nopon

I should prob talk about my love life so you don't feel bad but I'd rather not :V

Instead I'll tell you some things I've picked up from taking to married friends.

1. Don't ever enter a relationship thinking that you can change them, most of the time you can't

2. Look at how she treats her family as that's how she'll treat you

3. Become a friend before thinking about becoming boyfriend

4. If it doesn't work out, oh well. You like you asks that's what matters.

Back to top Go down

Post 19th August 2015, 3:13 pm by Guest

Oh wow! I didn't think so many of you would actually read through this and comment. Blushy Blushy

Chibster wrote:I understand what you mean about the drinking and smoking part. It's not bad at all to have a preference for people who don't do those. I had a crush last year on this guy who sat next to me in class and I would always talk to him and I wouldn't even feel nervous. He even had common interests in Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc and he helped me a lot with my math homework (he was really good at math).
I stopped liking him when I learned that he drank, smoke, AND he dealt with illegal drugs...
Holy crap... That's sad, especially since you seemed to get along with him, but yeah, that would just be an insta nope for me too. I hope you find someone new someday who you can get along with nicely.

I think you should really get to know her a lot more, because you said you only started liking her a few weeks ago. Maybe this seems like bad advice, but maybe you can ask a co-worker that you are both close with if she has a bf/gf? Or since you have a Facebook, why not just try and search her up and check her relationship status if she has a profile?
Had a Facebook... I stopped using it shortly after my second crush fell through. I did try to go back to it recently, but bad memories sort of flooded back in my head while I was there, so I deleted again...

But yeah, I definitely want to get to know her a lot more before doing anything else. My boss even gave me some advice when she saw how I was reacting and told me that the best relationships are with people who are your best friend, so try to be her friend first, then see where things go from there. And that's something I've felt for a long time, I want to be with someone I can consider my best friend, not just someone that I like a little or get along with sometimes.

As for asking my coworkers, I tried that last night, but the guy I was working with didn't know. He did mention that he'd "do her" too...

Burnin' Bunnies wrote:This sounds like an issue.
Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, I've never really had any "love life", but at the same time, I see love differently than many people this age do. I've only had 1 major crush in my life. He was a junior, I was a freshman, and we were in the same class. He was a very talented percussionist, and I admired him for that. Over time I started to realize that I actually had a crush on him rather than a simple "whow, you are cool! Teach me!" kinda attitude. Anyway, we moved, and I eventually got over him. He's still a good friend, though we don't really talk much. That's the case with all of my friends, though, so... :U
I sort of feel like that too, seeing love differently from others (maybe?). Unfortunately, my mind and my heart tend to see love differently from each other as well... Disgust  But anyway, it's nice to hear that you consider your former crush a good friend still.

Obviously you care for her, and you want a relationship with her. But that doesn't mean you need to be her boyfriend, follow? Like, you can invite her on a date, but that doesn't mean she is your girlfriend. Maybe you can plan a get together with some of your coworkers or friends. Plan to do something fun. And invite her as your date. It doesn't need to be romantic, and this allows you to get to know her better, and if sometime down the road you feel more ready to ask her out, it will probably work better. She knows you, you know her, by then you would know if she had a boyfriend, and it could work out.
I get ya. I was thinking something similar to that as well. Just hang out with her as a friend. The only problem is that I really only see my coworkers at work. I don't really have a way to hang out with them or communicate with them outside of work since I don't have my driver's licence, my own car, or a cell phone... Though, I can fix that by getting my licence, a phone, stuff like that (though, I doubt I'll be able to ever save up enough for my own car... Dreaming).

But as I said, I've never really been in that situation.

Edit: lol that was longer than I thought it would be! XD
You still gave some great advice! Thanks!  Dunsparce Approves

Spiky Nopon wrote:I should prob talk about my love life so you don't feel bad but I'd rather not :V
That's fine, I understand.

Instead I'll tell you some things I've picked up from taking to married friends.

1. Don't ever enter a relationship thinking that you can change them, most of the time you can't
Good point. I mean, can you really say you like someone if you want to change them? You should like them for who they are, and if you don't, then there's a problem there.

2. Look at how she treats her family as that's how she'll treat you
Never thought about this... Very good advice! I'll definitely keep this in mind.  Dunsparce Approves

3. Become a friend before thinking about becoming boyfriend
Dunsparce Approves

4. If it doesn't work out, oh well. You like you asks that's what matters.

Yeah, I just gotta remember that it's not the end of the world if things don't work out. I mean, I've been through this before, and I'm still here, so this won't be any different if things go sour. Though, it doesn't mean it won't still hurt...

Thank you all for the advice! And thanks for reading through my long winded blog...

Back to top Go down

Princess

Post 23rd August 2015, 8:34 pm by Princess

Hmm.

I have a couple things to say, so sit tight.

jokool wrote:then this picture pops into my head...

...I was so red in the face after that... I was also felt quite warm after that....and my knees kind of went to jelly for a bit...

...So yeah, after that moment, I'd say it's official....I have a crush on this girl.

To me, that sounds like sexual attraction, not necessarily a "crush". Then again, that depends on your definition of a crush, which to me means you genuinely like a person for who they are. It does seem you like her, but I'm just saying to me that doesn't make it "official" that you have a crush on her; it makes it official you are sexually attracted to her.

For that reason, I am personally very cautious when people ask me for my number or when strangers try to strike up personal conversations with me. I'm not sure about her though, but considering she drinks and smokes, I wouldn't be surprised if she is not like that (based upon my experiences with other people who do both actions). I'm not saying she isn't, but I'm saying I would be surprised if she isn't.
Hopefully that made an iota of sense.

Keep in mind that friendships are just as important as romantic relationships. A romantic relationship isn't the "ultimate" relationship necessarily, and friendships can be just as or more rewarding.

If you dislike the drinking and smoking, I'd suggest you'd assume that won't change. It may, but I don't think it is worth your time trying to get someone to change because if someone is going to turn away from that stuff, I think it's better they decide and change for themselves, rather than for another person.

TL;DR:

My advice is to wait. See how she is as a human being. Evaluate your reasons for liking her and if they are backed up by solid facts or by what you think she's like. Consider whether you are attracted to her moreso on your willingness to jump into bed with her or to talk to her about herself, her life, and her thoughts. Also consider whether you are more attracted to the idea of who she could be versus who she really is. Are you more interested in what she could do for you, or are you more interested in what you could do for her?

~ Princess of Lumas

Back to top Go down

Post 23rd August 2015, 11:28 pm by Guest

Dark Magician Girl wrote:Hmm.

I have a couple things to say, so sit tight.
*sits tight*

jokool wrote:then this picture pops into my head...

To me, that sounds like sexual attraction, not necessarily a "crush".
OH HOLY FUCK Didn't see that coming! God I love how blunt you can be sometimes.

Then again, that depends on your definition of a crush, which to me means you genuinely like a person for who they are. It does seem you like her, but I'm just saying to me that doesn't make it "official" that you have a crush on her; it makes it official you are sexually attracted to her.
...I think I need to rethink my previous "crushes" now. You have a very good point. I think I've been looking at things all wrong and...while, I feel slightly uncomfortable saying it...most of my crushes are just sexual attraction...

I say most because, in the case of the second girl, I did like her for who she was very much. I thought she was a wonderful person and truly liked her... I actually used to think that maybe I loved her, but looking over things, yeah, when I look at it from your point of view, love is waaaaaay too strong a word to use for that and it was just a crush.

So, I guess my love life counter is like this now: 1 official crush, and 2 sexual attractions...

...makes my love life sound even sadder now...  Niagara Falls

For that reason, I am personally very cautious when people ask me for my number or when strangers try to strike up personal conversations with me. I'm not sure about her though, but considering she drinks and smokes, I wouldn't be surprised if she is not like that (based upon my experiences with other people who do both actions). I'm not saying she isn't, but I'm saying I would be surprised if she isn't.
Hopefully that made an iota of sense.
I don't think she has a problem talking with people. I mean, she can start a conversation with almost anyone in the store, including myself. Phone number-wise, I'm not sure. My other boss told me tonight when I was telling her about what happened yesterday with my boss boss (see here) that she's focus on school and not on relationships, so I imagine she may be a bit more cautious there, but I'm probably wrong and she has the number of most of the guys in the area...
You made plenty of sense. I just hope I did...

Keep in mind that friendships are just as important as romantic relationships. A romantic relationship isn't the "ultimate" relationship necessarily, and friendships can be just as or more rewarding.
I agree 100%. Some of the best times I've had in my life are with my good friends, and, while I've never experienced romance or anything like that, I do feel that there's something about friendship that can be just as, or even more so, special.

If you dislike the drinking and smoking, I'd suggest you'd assume that won't change. It may, but I don't think it is worth your time trying to get someone to change because if someone is going to turn away from that stuff, I think it's better they decide and change for themselves, rather than for another person.
Yeah, I've realized that. It's still an issue with me (for anyone to drink or smoke), but, sadly, I think I'm becoming more acceptant of it because, to me, it seems like most of, if not all of, the people around here (especially the girls) start drinking and smoking by the time they're out of highschool...

But yeah, if I truly like someone for who they are, I'm not going to force them to change themselves.

TL;DR:

My advice is to wait. See how she is as a human being. Evaluate your reasons for liking her and if they are backed up by solid facts or by what you think she's like. Consider whether you are attracted to her moreso on your willingness to jump into bed with her or to talk to her about herself, her life, and her thoughts. Also consider whether you are more attracted to the idea of who she could be versus who she really is. Are you more interested in what she could do for you, or are you more interested in what you could do for her?

~ Princess of Lumas
Definitely going to hold back and wait, especially after yesterday... I'm still going through my head as to why I actually like her, and, in reality, I do feel like it's just because she's another pretty face. I mean, I do enjoy talking with her when she starts a conversation with me, but every time I do talk with her, I seem to hear something that puts up another red flag about her and giving me another reason as to why I think she's not the right girl for me...

As for whether I'm attracted more so on jumping in bed with her (I'm going to need another cold shower after all this...) or if I want to talk to her about herself and stuff, I want to say it's the latter...but I'd be lying if I said the former wasn't slightly apart of the attraction...

I've also thought about what she could be and who she really is. As for what I'm more attracted to...that I don't know, and I feel like it's still too early for me to truly know.

Now for that last bit, I'm all about what I can do for her (but I'm like that for everyone). I've always been the kind of guy who wants to do as much for others as I can.

TL;DR: I'm sexually attracted to her and I don't know if things will ever develop past that with: A, all the red flags I'm seeing; and B, the way things are at work. I would like to get to know her better as a friend someday, but, as for right now, I don't really know her outside of work...and now I feel like I can't really get to know her better at work since...well, I'm supposed to be working and not socializing...

TTL;DR:.....I don't even know myself anymore. Annoyed

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 23rd August 2015, 11:40 pm by Truthseeker4449

What does TL;DR: mean?

Back to top Go down

Post 23rd August 2015, 11:41 pm by Guest

*had to look that up earlier when making that post*

Too long; Didn't read.

Back to top Go down

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 23rd August 2015, 11:44 pm by Burnin' Bunnies

Too long, didn't read.

I've never seen a TTL;DR, but I read it as Totally Too Long; Didn't Read.

So basically when something is a block of text that you don't feel like reading and just skim ovee. An end sentence with a TL;DR is a very basic summary.

Ninjad. Jokool's is the TL;DR of my post, lol

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down