Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Look who's stopping by, VT...

+9
TheCapsFan
Greece
Nopon
Caprizant
Truthseeker4449
returnofmastercrazyhand
Critical Sass
Lief Katano
Cap'n Jack
13 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Look who's stopping by, VT... - Page 18 Empty Re: Look who's stopping by, VT...

Post by Truthseeker4449 19th July 2015, 9:38 pm

Alright, I think that's enough out of that topic. It's against our rules, if you don't like it, there are plenty of other sites out there that should be able to fulfill your desires.

Jack Pschitt wrote:
Truthseeker4449 wrote:
Jack Pschitt wrote:But, but, but I wanna save the environment...
Then be wary that the process to make hybrid batteries is extremely dirty. The batteries seem to only last about 8 years at best. And are next to impossible to dispose of in an environmentally friendly way. In fact it's usually far cheaper to try to rebuild the batteries (in other words put fresh cells in there), than try to recycle the batteries.

I was hoping you'd have a real response to that. I can't stand people who'll say something and then not stand up for themselves when someone challenges them. You seem to have learned a lot about automobiles since I was here last (more than me, definitely), is this like a career for you now or something?

Yes it is very much a career for me. I just finished up my automotive training about a month ago and am now working on getting into a diesel school for building a knowledge base in diesel vehicles. In my opinion, I believe the market is moderately moving along into more diesel engines and these engines aren't like the older diesels that belched black smoke when you punched the gas. The emissions equipment on these engines can quite easily kill the engine if you don't take care of the vehicle properly and many mechanics lack that knowledge.

the picture was a joke btw, I'm not into rolling coal, but I still like the sound of a diesel

A diesel knowledge base can also put my foot into the door of say the railroads or the maritime industry.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 19th July 2015, 9:43 pm

just gonna leave this here for you, jack, cuz you don't seem to have seen it yet :V   :
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 19th July 2015, 10:04 pm

Caprizant wrote:
just gonna leave this here for you, jack, cuz you don't seem to have seen it yet :

Quit masturbating and get on it, chumpnugget. I'm preparing to judge you harshly as we speak.

"Haven't seen it"? Didn't I just? See it, I mean? When was this? Who are you? When am I? What?[/quote]

Truthseeker4449 wrote:Alright, I think that's enough out of that topic. It's against our rules, if you don't like it, there are plenty of other sites out there that should be able to fulfill your desires.

Jack Pschitt wrote:
Truthseeker4449 wrote:
Jack Pschitt wrote:But, but, but I wanna save the environment...
Then be wary that the process to make hybrid batteries is extremely dirty. The batteries seem to only last about 8 years at best. And are next to impossible to dispose of in an environmentally friendly way. In fact it's usually far cheaper to try to rebuild the batteries (in other words put fresh cells in there), than try to recycle the batteries.

I was hoping you'd have a real response to that. I can't stand people who'll say something and then not stand up for themselves when someone challenges them. You seem to have learned a lot about automobiles since I was here last (more than me, definitely), is this like a career for you now or something?

Yes it is very much a career for me. I just finished up my automotive training about a month ago and am now working on getting into a diesel school for building a knowledge base in diesel vehicles. In my opinion, I believe the market is moderately moving along into more diesel engines and these engines aren't like the older diesels that belched black smoke when you punched the gas. The emissions equipment on these engines can quite easily kill the engine if you don't take care of the vehicle properly and many mechanics lack that knowledge.

the picture was a joke btw, I'm not into rolling coal, but I still like the sound of a diesel

A diesel knowledge base can also put my foot into the door of say the railroads or the maritime industry.

That's really interesting. I always like seeing people I know get out there and do something with their lives. Other than preparing for college, right now I'm just, well, preparing for college, but my mom has propped up a bicycle shop here in town and I keep shop occasionally. My brother's the one who's more mechanically-minded than I am, but he's been showing me the ropes of fixing people's bicycles and such. Being the hippy that I am, I wish to someday be in a situation where I don't have to drive to get what I want, but with college being in another town, and living in another town for that matter, I just have to suck it up for now. I aspire to someday become the highest mark of an English major: a bare-footed, long-bearded hermit who writes in his journal in the middle of the woods whom people refer to as "that guy" when I ride into town.
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Myers-Briggs Type : Someti

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 19th July 2015, 10:23 pm

Jack Pschitt wrote:That's really interesting. I always like seeing people I know get out there and do something with their lives. Other than preparing for college, right now I'm just, well, preparing for college, but my mom has propped up a bicycle shop here in town and I keep shop occasionally. My brother's the one who's more mechanically-minded than I am, but he's been showing me the ropes of fixing people's bicycles and such. Being the hippy that I am, I wish to someday be in a situation where I don't have to drive to get what I want, but with college being in another town, and living in another town for that matter, I just have to suck it up for now. I aspire to someday become the highest mark of an English major: a bare-footed, long-bearded hermit who writes in his journal in the middle of the woods whom people refer to as "that guy" when I ride into town.
It's mostly the same way for me as well. The school I'm doing to is quite a ways south and I couldn't find any connecting bus services, much less ones that run at midnight, which is when one of my classes ends. So I ended up having to by a vehicle and that was an adventure in and of itself, now I'm the proud owner of a 1994 Ford Ranger. A Ranger that presently has a locked front brake that probably smoked my wheel bearing.... what sucks is that I don't have the money to fix it right now since I need all of it, plus a sizable chunk in a paycheck that I'm really praying I get this week, for the tuition payment for the schooling.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 19th July 2015, 10:35 pm

Truthseeker4449 wrote:
Jack Pschitt wrote:That's really interesting. I always like seeing people I know get out there and do something with their lives. Other than preparing for college, right now I'm just, well, preparing for college, but my mom has propped up a bicycle shop here in town and I keep shop occasionally. My brother's the one who's more mechanically-minded than I am, but he's been showing me the ropes of fixing people's bicycles and such. Being the hippy that I am, I wish to someday be in a situation where I don't have to drive to get what I want, but with college being in another town, and living in another town for that matter, I just have to suck it up for now. I aspire to someday become the highest mark of an English major: a bare-footed, long-bearded hermit who writes in his journal in the middle of the woods whom people refer to as "that guy" when I ride into town.
It's mostly the same way for me as well. The school I'm doing to is quite a ways south and I couldn't find any connecting bus services, much less ones that run at midnight, which is when one of my classes ends. So I ended up having to by a vehicle and that was an adventure in and of itself, now I'm the proud owner of a 1994 Ford Ranger. A Ranger that presently has a locked front brake that probably smoked my wheel bearing.... what sucks is that I don't have the money to fix it right now since I need all of it, plus a sizable chunk in a paycheck that I'm really praying I get this week, for the tuition payment for the schooling.

I actually don't have a driver's license right now. I know, eighteen and I don't even have a learner's permit, what am I doing, right? Fortunately, there is a bus that goes right to my college, and my friends and I are organizing a car pool, but at some point I'm going to need to actually do what I was talking about by sucking it up and learning how to drive. Sorry

My family is in such a crummy financial standing that I'm sure I'll get plenty of help from FAFSA, which I applied for the other day. I haven't gotten the results back yet (do it in January so you're not sitting around and waiting like me, guys!!!), but when I was finished it told me that if I were to apply for the Pell Grant, it estimated that I would get something like $5,000, so that's pretty rad. Three cheers for being barely middle-class! The only part that I really didn't like is that I had to register for Selective Service. That is just straight-up horrible and I still feel sick about doing it, like I've betrayed myself. It's the draft! You can't spin it any other way, Uncle Sam! It's the fucking draft!
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 19th July 2015, 11:08 pm

Unfortunately I can't get financial aid even though I would qualify for a lot of it, the reason simply being that the program specifically states that it is not eligible for financial aid.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 19th July 2015, 11:33 pm

If it makes anyone feel better, my permit expired over a year ago and I still haven't gotten a new one. :U I don't like driving here, the people are crazy! I did just fine in Utah and would already have my license because I passed the test, but we moved before I turned 16, and I'll be turning 18 in December. I just don't really want to drive here. I like driving, but not in Maryland...
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: In your gaze where I'm seen. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 20th July 2015, 12:45 am

I don't have a learner's permit either.
Princess
Princess

Myers-Briggs Type : INTJ-A
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 20th July 2015, 12:54 am

Dark Magician Girl wrote:I don't have a learner's permit either.

I'm actually surprised I've been able to go this long without driving experience of any kind. I guess I should be grateful to have a mommy who loves me and really nice friends who are more self-responsible than I am. Though like I said, I kinda have a problem with driving. I wish I lived in a situation where I didn't have to drive, but here in suburbia everything is kinda stretched out and bigger than it needs to be, you know?

Dark Bunnies wrote:If it makes anyone feel better, my permit expired over a year ago and I still haven't gotten a new one. :U I don't like driving here, the people are crazy! I did just fine in Utah and would already have my license because I passed the test, but we moved before I turned 16, and I'll be turning 18 in December. I just don't really want to drive here. I like driving, but not in Maryland...

I'm tempted to say that everyone says their state is the worst... but I'm also tempted to ask, have you driven in Florida?! Good god! I don't know how I'm going to cope, being the Woody Allen-type I'm prone to being!

Everybody trade horror stories do it. My mother's madcap escapades could fill a novel.

Truthseeker4449 wrote:Unfortunately I can't get financial aid even though I would qualify for a lot of it, the reason simply being that the program specifically states that it is not eligible for financial aid.

Damn, that's rough. I wish you the best in your studies, man!
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 20th July 2015, 1:16 am

My work is a 5 minute walk from my house and I will be commuting to college with a sibling of mine. Funnily enough, none of that was planned (in terms of me almost never using a car solely for myself). I imagine you must be somewhat jealous. Dark Magic Wink!
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 20th July 2015, 1:26 am

Dark Magician Girl wrote:My work is a 5 minute walk from my house and I will be commuting to college with a sibling of mine. Funnily enough, none of that was planned (in terms of me almost never using a car solely for myself). I imagine you must be somewhat jealous. Dark Magic Wink!

That's how you want me to react. I'll have you know that I mooch rides off of my friends in exchange for me buying them Taco Bell sometimes, so I've got it made. I'm not jealous at all. Nope. At all. Not.
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 20th July 2015, 1:29 am

You don't even get to eat the Taco Bell you buy, that's got to suck :/ My condolences Dark Magic Wink!

Last edited by Dark Magician Girl on 20th July 2015, 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 20th July 2015, 1:34 am

Dark Magician Girl wrote:You don't even get to eat the Taco Bell you buy, that's got to suck :/ My condolences :dmg;

You're not getting to me! I don't even like Taco Bell! I prefer Wendy's anyway, and I can walk to Wendy's! So hah! Your rebuttal?
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 20th July 2015, 1:47 am

Wendy's has an unhealtheir selection of food than Taco Bell Dark Magic Wink!
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 20th July 2015, 1:52 am

But they have Frosties. Frosties + french fries? Hello? You ever did Frosties + french fries? Good stuff.
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum