Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings: Season 3, Episode 9—Race to Panty Mountain

+4
Meyneth
returnofmastercrazyhand
Lief Katano
Truthseeker4449
8 posters

Page 44 of 67 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings: Season 3, Episode 9—Race to Panty Mountain - Page 44 Empty Re: Random Ramblings: Season 3, Episode 9—Race to Panty Mountain

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 26th October 2014, 6:18 pm

I've been planning on ANOTHER use of a common trope in the current mission. but you'll see.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings: Season 3, Episode 9—Race to Panty Mountain - Page 44 Empty Re: Random Ramblings: Season 3, Episode 9—Race to Panty Mountain

Post by Guest 26th October 2014, 6:39 pm

Oh yay, I beat the Fallen One...

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 26th October 2014, 7:08 pm

You don't sound very excited.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th October 2014, 8:06 pm

I'm not.

That boss was super hard. I just got lucky--I know because I challenged it again about an hour later and got my ass kicked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th October 2014, 8:18 pm

Speaking of tough bosses... I got my ass kicked again by Astaroth...

Fortunately, I think she's an optional boss since she's just hiding in an item chest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 26th October 2014, 8:21 pm

Like those angry trolls that utterly destroyed me?
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 26th October 2014, 8:24 pm

Pretty much, yeah.
jokool wrote:Speaking of tough bosses... I got my ass kicked again by Astaroth...

Fortunately, I think she's an optional boss since she's just hiding in an item chest.
Item chest bosses are optional, yes.

Fun fact: Final Fantasy II is the only FF game that gives you the item in the chest before you initiate battle.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th October 2014, 8:32 pm

Finally beat her! Phew!

Found out that Guy did some good damage with his axes, so I boosted his stats with some spells and he ended up doing around 1200 damage per turn (around 600 with each attack). Maria spamming Flares also helped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 26th October 2014, 8:39 pm

You'd think Ultima would be dealing more damage by now...
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th October 2014, 9:14 pm

Yeah... It was varying around 300 and 500 damage each time. Flare was 500+ almost ever time.

But anyway, I made it to the Emperor and beat him in one try, finally finishing FFII! Window Washing

There's the Soul of Rebirth thing now, but seeing how I didn't really level up the other party members, and I don't really feel like level grinding any more for this game, I think I'll pass on it for now (unless it's necessary to complete it to get the full FFII experience).

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 26th October 2014, 9:27 pm

It wasn't in the original Final Fantasy II game, consists mostly of pain and suffering, and has no impact on the main story (though, humorouslyish, it can contain a small contradiction - you see the final battle and Firion - always Firion - casting Ultima). Unless you really want to see what happened to Minwu and co. after they died.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 26th October 2014, 10:51 pm

I can now post pictures from my 3ds directly to tumblr!
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th October 2014, 11:40 pm

Igor wrote:It wasn't in the original Final Fantasy II game, consists mostly of pain and suffering, and has no impact on the main story (though, humorouslyish, it can contain a small contradiction - you see the final battle and Firion - always Firion - casting Ultima). Unless you really want to see what happened to Minwu and co. after they died.

Meh, I won't bother with it then.

Anyway, I went ahead and downloaded FFIII while I was in the shower. Once it was done, I loaded up DeSmuME to see how well it worked on my laptop..... Laggy as fuck.... It's playable though, but very slow going, and I mean sloooooooooooooooooow...... So slow that I don't think I can stand playing through the whole game....

Part of the problem might have been that I still had Google Chrome open when I tried it out, but I also just think that DeSmuME just doesn't work that well on my laptop. I mean, it's not just FFIII that makes me think that; a while back I gave up on The World Ends With You a good portion of the game in because I couldn't stand how laggy it was....

So yeah, I might skip 3 until I get a better computer. I know I'll have to skip 7, 8, and 9 because of my laptop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th October 2014, 11:55 pm

I got my entire party to level 99, then had them retire (biggest stat boost woop woop)

And then New Game plussed that shit or whatever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27th October 2014, 12:04 am

Yeah... I don't think I've ever done a New Game + thing ever.

...Unless you count the "Super Mario Bros. for Super Players" thing in the Game Boy Color port of the original Super Mario Bros (which was actually Super Mario Bros. 2 that never got released in the US until that game came out).

Edit: Wait, the first 2 Legend of Spyro games had a new game + thing sort of, but instead of harder enemies, you got to keep all your upgrades.

And now that I think about it, there may be another game or two that I did a new game + thing, but can't remember...

Maybe I'm just tired and should shut up and go to bed.... Tired

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 67 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 55 ... 67  Next