Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

???

2 posters

Go down

??? Empty ???

Post by Lief Katano 18th October 2013, 8:04 pm

So, I have the mechanics for an RP. Just not the story. Putting these out here in case someone wants to use them or if I can think of a story.

So, there'd be a few stats (HP, Attack, Defense, Magic, Resistance, and Speed). You'd get 10 points to spend in each stat, with bases. You can choose to be either physically-aligned or magically-aligned, which affects those bases.
Bases (red = physically-aligned, blue = magically-aligned):
Battle would take place in "turns". Everybody would get one act per turn.

Each turn, your "AT" increases by your speed. You have a list of actions, and they cost an amount of AT to execute. The max amount of AT you can have is 20, and you start with a maximum of four actions, and get more as you level up.

Actions can do various things - they deal physical or magical damage, lower enemy stats, raise your stats, or various types of things like that. The better an action is, the more AT it should cost. You can have one action that costs 20 AT - it should be your most powerful move.

Damage is usually (Attack/Magic + ability modifier - enemy defense/resistance).

There are also skills. They can provide a variety of passive abilities, like status bonuses and resistance to elements. However, you can only start with one skill.

After battle, you receive EXP, depending on the enemies you fight. The amount of EXP you need to level up is (10 + last level). Leveling up gives you two stat points and a new ability (odd levels, up to a max of nine) or a new skill (even levels, max of four).

So...that's it. Yeah. ._.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

??? Empty Re: ???

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 18th October 2013, 8:16 pm

sounds like a FF game to me
I'll say that the story is that the RPG overlord is trying to take control of the PPS, and we have to battle like a RPG in order to save the day (cheesy and unoriginal, I know)
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 19th October 2013, 10:17 pm

So, I've managed to think of a story. Not the best, but it's a thing.

Basically, you're exploring a dungeon on behalf of your king, who choose you because he gauged you as among the best warriors in the kingdom, even if you are level 1. Monsters have begun coming out of a nearby dungeon, and it is your job to kick their ass and get them to stop. The monsters are more then they first appear to be, though...
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 20th October 2013, 6:19 pm

Aaaaaaaand now I came up with a way to put in critical hits. Basically, you roll a number out of 100 in the RNG. If you get a number equal to or less then your Speed, you get a critical hit.

I realize this puts an emphasis on Speed. I really don't give a fuck.

To compensate, the Speed cap is 15.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: