Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Channel 42: Pit Stop Community Television

+6
Katuna Makata
Burnin' Bunnies
Meyneth
Lief Katano
Caprizant
Truthseeker4449
10 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Channel 42: Pit Stop Community Television Empty Channel 42: Pit Stop Community Television

Post by Caprizant 25th September 2015, 8:50 pm

Bit weird we didn't have this already, but here goes—general TV thread! For discussing all the neat telly-tube series you've been watching that don't currently have a thread.

As for me, I just watched the pilot episode of Twin Peaks as my first outing on Netflix. And man, it is weird. But in a good way. So far it's about a murder investigation in a small Washington town, and all the general drama surrounding that town. But I've heard it gets really creepy.

Last edited by Caprizant on 16th June 2016, 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Channel 42: Pit Stop Community Television Empty Re: Channel 42: Pit Stop Community Television

Post by Truthseeker4449 25th September 2015, 9:05 pm

*is watching different crime investigation shows*
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Channel 42: Pit Stop Community Television Empty Re: Channel 42: Pit Stop Community Television

Post by Guest 25th September 2015, 9:14 pm

*excited for Blue Bloods premiere* Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 25th September 2015, 10:25 pm

I've heard that Twin Peaks is really good mostly from an artist I follow who does awesome Gravity Falls art, which is apparently really influenced by Twin Peaks.

I don't really watch too much TV. Besides HGTV, that is. :U I like Fixer Upper and Brother vs. Brother/ Property Brothers.
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: Holy crap. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Katuna Makata 26th September 2015, 3:10 am

Cap wrote:Bit weird we didn't have this already, but here goes—general TV thread! For discussing all the neat telly-tube series you've been watching that don't currently have a thread.

As for me, I just watched the pilot episode of Twin Peaks as my first outing on Netflix. And man, it is weird. But in a good way. So far it's about a murder investigation in a small Washington town, and all the general drama surrounding that town. But I've heard it gets really creepy.
Evidently I didn't need to put this in my recommendation list, haha. (I wrote part of it up before work and didn't look here before posting it.) Did you watch the pilot pilot or the pilot that was made into a movie for international audiences?

Dale Cooper is a credit to the force. ;w;

I love whenever they'd do a shot of this; paired with the ambient music, it was chilling:

BB wrote:I've heard that Twin Peaks is really good mostly from an artist I follow who does awesome Gravity Falls art, which is apparently really influenced by Twin Peaks.

I don't really watch too much TV. Besides HGTV, that is. :U I like Fixer Upper and Brother vs. Brother/ Property Brothers.
It is. It's had such an impact on TV and other forms of media. Alan Wake,
This opening is so fucking iconic:
Deadly Premonition,
Gravity Falls,
The Red Room:
this scene from The Simpsons which I didn't get until years after initially watching it:
Spoiler:

And countless others.

I don't regular watch Fixer Upper but Chip and Joanna are such a cute couple. x3
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

: 8D :

Myers-Briggs Type : IDEK
Alignment : True Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 26th September 2015, 7:56 pm

Burnin' Bunnies wrote:I don't really watch too much TV. Besides HGTV, that is. :U I like Fixer Upper and Brother vs. Brother/ Property Brothers.
I used to watch House Hunters all the time as a kid, and whatever other stuff happened to be on. I also remember a really cool show called Great Hotels on the Travel Channel.
Khaki Makoto wrote:Evidently I didn't need to put this in my recommendation list, haha. (I wrote part of it up before work and didn't look here before posting it.) Did you watch the pilot pilot or the pilot that was made into a movie for international audiences?

From what I can gather, the international version had its own resolution to it. This one ended on a cliffhanger, so I think it was definitely the pilot pilot.
I love whenever they'd do a shot of this; paired with the ambient music, it was chilling:
I liked when they did a shot of the ceiling fan spinning from the bottom of the stairs. Heck, I've liked a lot of the atmospheric elements so far.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Meyneth 27th September 2015, 7:22 pm

So I was watching We Bare Bears on Cartoon Network, and I saw the designs for the new Scooby-Doo Show, and well, It bothers me.

here are the designs:
Meyneth
Meyneth

: Let's Be Heroes!

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 27th September 2015, 7:29 pm

Oh. My. Goodness.
FIRST TEEN TITANS. NOW THIS?? THEY ARE RUINING OUR CHILDHOODS
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

Back to top Go down

Post by Meyneth 27th September 2015, 7:40 pm

Honestly, I found Mystery incorporated's designs to be a little odd, but I got used to them pretty quickly, but I don't see my self getting used to these ones.
Meyneth
Meyneth

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 27th September 2015, 8:19 pm

Meyneth wrote:So I was watching We Bare Bears on Cartoon Network, and I saw the designs for the new Scooby-Doo Show, and well, It bothers me.

here are the designs:
reaction:
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 27th September 2015, 8:20 pm

Burnin' Bunnies wrote:Oh. My. Goodness.
FIRST TEEN TITANS. NOW THIS?? THEY ARE RUINING OUR CHILDHOODS
Teen Titans Go was acceptable.

This...this is not acceptable. This is nowhere near acceptable.

Whoever hired the animators/artists should be fired. And then the animators/artists should be fired.

Spoiler:
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27th September 2015, 8:37 pm

Meyneth wrote:So I was watching We Bare Bears on Cartoon Network, and I saw the designs for the new Scooby-Doo Show, and well, It bothers me.

here are the designs:

...Yeah, I saw that awhile back and just lost all faith in ever seeing a good Scooby-Doo series again...

...And it's called "Be Cool, Scooby-Doo" too, so I had hope in it being good before seeing the designs...

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 27th September 2015, 8:44 pm

fred, the boy chin wonder

Wah! You found me!:

Last edited by Caprizant on 1st April 2017, 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Meyneth 27th September 2015, 8:46 pm

Lief Katano wrote:
Spoiler:

relavent:

Also Once Upon A Time is starting soon! Praise feathers!
Meyneth
Meyneth

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 27th September 2015, 8:53 pm

I'm watching it now. It's about to end here.
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next