Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I!

4 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Classes?

Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I! Empty16%Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I! Empty 16% 
[ 3 ]
Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I! Empty0%Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I! Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I! Empty16%Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I! Empty 16% 
[ 3 ]
Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I! Empty26%Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I! Empty 26% 
[ 5 ]
[ 3 ]
Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I! Empty26%Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I! Empty 26% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I! Empty Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I!

Post by Lief Katano 4th April 2013, 1:26 pm

Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I! 250px-FF_1_PSP
A great darkness shrouded the world.
The wind died.
The sea raged.
The earth began to decay.
Only a prophecy kept hope alive in people's hearts.

"When darkness veils the world, four warriors of light shall come."

And after journeying far, four young warriors did at last appear.
In the hands of each rested a mysterious crystal...
So says the opening screen for some version of Final Fantasy. This is where the series got its start, as Squaresoft's swan song. It exploded in popularity, spawning a sequel-type thing...and then another one...and another...and another...and another...

Anyway, I didn't grab your attention to go on and on about Final Fantasy. I did it so we can kick the Pit Stop's first Let's Play off. And before we do that, we have to make our characters, do we not?

Unlike many of the later (read: all non-NES) Final Fantasies, this game allows you to name your characters at the beginning of the game. Unlike all (read: all) later Final Fantasies, this one has you choose the jobs at the beginning of the game, then locks you into them for the rest of the game (bar when you upgrade the classes, and even that's locked). Anyway, the job classes are:

Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I! Warrior-ff1-gba - WARRIOR - This red-clad fighter can wield most weapons and can equip the heaviest of armors. He is what you may call a "tank", having the highest rate of gaining more HP at level-up (20+[VIT/4], as opposed to VIT/4). He has a shitty evasion, however. He starts out with no magical ability, but gains the ability to wield low-level White Magic after he changes class.

Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I! Thief-ff1-gba - THIEF - This bandanna-wearing lad is what many call a disgrace, what with shitty stats and being unable to use many pieces of equipment, including all but one shield. However, when he changes class, he gains the ability to wield low-level Black Magic (having a larger selection then an upgraded Warrior), and his equipment pool increases largely. He has high Luck, which helps you run away from the Boss in Mook's clothing you may encounter.

Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I! Monk-ff1-gba - MONK - This faithful chap likes beating the crap out of stuff with his fists. Indeed, he is much better at using his fists then any other class. However, his fisticuffs skill increases as he levels up, so he should use his exclusive weapon, nunchakus, before he hits level 10.
Monks are the only job that never gets magic. Ever.

Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I! Redmage-ff1-gba - RED MAGE - This young man sports the ability to wield swords, use all types of magic, and a stylish cap. However, his ability to wield magics and heavy equipment lacks compared to more specialized classes. Changing class mostly remedies this, but he cannot ever wield the ultimate equipment or the ultimate magic spells.
He still is the only one who has a stylish hat, however.

Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I! Whitemage-ff1-gba - WHITE MAGIC WHOREWHITE MAGE - This hooded lass has the ability to heal and support her allies. And kill the undead. She's really good at killing the undead. In fact, she is the only one who can ever learn the Dia family of spells, which deals damage to all undead monsters (and, in the hands of the enemy, all of the Warriors of Light - so they're zombies, then?). When she class changes, she becomes more in tune with the goddess of healing, and can wield all white magics. She can also use Holy, her only spell that can hurt stuff that isn't undead.

Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I! Blackmage-ff1-gba - BLACK MAGE - This mysterious...guy?...can wield the destructive arts known as Black Magic - great for obliterating your foes and/or helping your allies kill them, bad for saving orphanages. The Black Mage lacks two things: physical strength (remedied by his magics) and hit points (stuff him somewhere). When he changes class, he gains the capacity to increase his magics' destructive potential - after he gets the proper tome, of course.

Anyway, in order to determine the party, use the vote thing at the top of the thread. The four highest choices will be the classes for the party. In addition, you can suggest names for the members of the team by posting them. If there isn't a name for the class, then we're using the Auto-name. Remember: it's on you if the Black Mage is afflicted with any of these horrible names.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I! Empty Re: Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I!

Post by Guest 4th April 2013, 10:13 pm

No idea what to call the others, but if you need a name for the Black Mage, try Orko (since this Orko somewhat resembles a Black Mage).

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I! Empty Re: Crystals! Swords! Job Classes! THIS IS FINAL FANTASY I!

Post by Nopon 5th April 2013, 8:55 am

Johnny = Fighter
Ollie = Monk
RJ = Bl. Mage

all the names you'll need
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 5th April 2013, 9:06 am

Unfortunately, it looks like there isn't going to be a Monk. *points at the poll, which shows no votes for Monk*
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaede Akamatsu 5th April 2013, 9:52 am

The white mage class is always female, right?

I suggest Miki for the white mage. :3
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu

: Piano Freak :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 5th April 2013, 10:00 am

Well, the White Mage class is female in this game. There can be dude White Mages (see: every other game with the job system, Minwu in Final Fantasy II), White Mages are just usually chicks.

Anyway, the Let's Play will start soon.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5th April 2013, 10:04 am

I see a 3 way tie for the 3rd and 4th spots. How will you choose those spots?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 5th April 2013, 10:08 am

I was thinking of RNGing it. Like I assign each of them numbers (like 1 for Warrior, 2 for Thief, 3 for Red Mage) and whichever number I pick is the one who isn't in the party.

EDIT: The result of the RNG was 1, which means the Warrior is out. Sorry, Johnny.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 5th April 2013, 10:54 am

forgot to mention, thief should be Lief Katano :O
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 5th April 2013, 11:58 am

Welp, that sucks, as I already started the game. On the upside, though, he still has a cool name.

Anyway...it's go time! As a note, all images are unspoilered, wrapped together in a nice, big spoiler tag.

Another note: all dialouge from the party members was made up by me. They have no dialouge orginally, which happens only in this game - even Final Fantasy III, a game with similar heroes, had theirs talk a bit.

Anyway, let's go!

Chapter 1 - Magicks, swords, and knocking stuff down

Spoiler:
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 5th April 2013, 12:27 pm

Funny how Lola died instead of Biggs XD

Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5th April 2013, 4:49 pm

Interesting... So FF sort of works like the Pokémon games do (walk around, buy stuff, battle, hit a bunch of buttons, wins 8 gym badges, become the champion, fill up the Pokédex).

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 5th April 2013, 6:33 pm

@Chaos Yeah. You'd think that Biggs'd get killed first, what with his name and the fact that he takes most of the hits.

@jokool Yeah, except the monster encounters aren't just oddly limited to tall grass and you (usually) can't get them on your side. And your party members have more then one equipment slot. And all of your party fights at once. And mages can have more then four spells.
Well, some games DO have a bestiary that's a Bragging Rights reward for finishing it.

Also, now that I think about it, the backstory I made up for Lola makes complete sense given his appearance.

Anyway, Chapter 1, Part 2 - In which we actually knock stuff down

Spoiler:

Last edited by Lief Katano on 5th April 2013, 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5th April 2013, 7:07 pm

Two things:

First, how do you get screenshots off of a GBA/PSP/whatever you're playing this on?

Second, I thought the FF games had awesome 3D cutscenes/battle scenes, or is that only in the later games?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 5th April 2013, 7:12 pm

I thought garland knocked people down D:
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next