Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nintendo Direct - 9/13/2017

Go down

Nintendo Direct - 9/13/2017 Empty Nintendo Direct - 9/13/2017

Saluton, internet! As per usual, I'm Lief "Lie" Katano, here bringing you the latest on what Nintendo has to offer. Today we have forty-five minutes of Nintendo 3DS and Switch news. I have about zero expectations for this Direct. Maybe some FE Warriors info? Dragon Quest Erdrick Trilogy 3DS info? Though that would imply we'd get timely Dragon Quest, and pffffffffffthahaha.

Seriously, those were released in August and by Dragon Quest standards that's really quick. Unless Builders or Heroes was quicker...? Eh.

Maybe also info on Fire Emblem Switch. But other than that...eh. All I want is some (turn-based I swear to whatever.) RPGs.

...OH, also more Kirby info. I've had a lot of time to ponder over this. :V

And it's starting! Rating Pending to Mature. This sounds good, I guess.

Yoshiaki Koizumi's our guide for this Direct! Four titles are the main spotlight, and we're starting with the 3DS - namely Ultra Sun and Moon! It, uh, looks like Necrozma captures Solgaleo (or Lunala). Not good! Dawn Wings Necrozma is the Lunala-Necrozma, and... I missed the Solgaleo-Necrozma name. :V You encounter your starter Pokémon by fighting a Yungoos, ala DP.

A special Rockruff will also be able to be downloaded until January 10. Also, if you digital download, you can get 12 Quick Balls. And, if you download Pokémon Gold or Silver, you get a Celebi! Valid for a year.

New Ultra Beasts! Weird lollipop guy, and fortress man! I guess I'm getting Ultra Moon, because fortress dude actually looks cool...ish. I swear to whatever.

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga Remake! Amiibos unlock equipment and items, though it's not amiibo-specific, to a point - stamp enough Mario amiibos and you'll be good.

Kirby: Battle Royal! Noticeably, it's a 3D brawler! There's online battles, too. 1/28/18, alas. Either way, this looks super-cool - I've always wanted a 3D Kirby, and while 3D Rumble and Blowout Blast helped, it's nice to see a version with copy abilities.

Yo-Kai Watch update and new Psychic Specters version.

New Layton game, with Layton's daughter! And that's it.

Minecraft 3DS. That's... that's it. What do you want from me with this. Dual screen goodness, at least! Available on the eShop now.

New Mario Party collection, with the top 100 minigames available. Available November 10.

Metroid: Samus Returns! It looks cool, maybe I'll nab it. It's a remake of... Return of Samus. For the Game Boy. Two daaaaaays...

ATLUS! The Alliance Alive comes Early 2018, as well as Strange Journey Redux and Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology. Those last two are remakes of 3DS games. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth's demo comes out today!! Aw yeaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney is coming in November, and FEW is coming 2018.

And, finally, a new... new 2DS design. Orange.

Let's Switch things up again! Xenoblade Chronicles 2. There's a world of clouds, Almist, and titans on it. People live on the titans. But there's also a largeass tree. And...a lot of countries. Six - empires, kingdoms, even a guild. And a legendary sword called the Egis that people are fighting over.

There's three "classes", so to say - Drivers and Blades. Drivers do the fighting, while Blades support them, using items and support arts. Three of each can be in battle, and Blades determine equippable weapons and arts. They're split into attack, defense, and healer Blades. ...I feel like "blade" isn't really an accurate name for them. At all! Blade specials are the limit break system this time around, involving properly timing B button presses. And mashing it. XC2 launches December 1.

The special edition has a artbook and a metal case and CD. Also there's a new pro controller!

Kelp Dome is returning to Splatoon 2, as well as a new stage - Snapper Canal! There's a river in the middle, so make sure you, uh, don't fall in. Tenta Brella also comes in, being even wider. Kelp Dome arrives Friday.

Lyn's also fighting in Warriors! A bit of a surprise, but...eh. It's available October 20, along with Chrom and Tiki amiibos.

Snipperclips is getting a updated version - Snipperclips+. It has more body shapes and puzzles. Available November 10. Don't worry - if you have the base Snipperclips, you can buy it as DLC.

Morphie's Law! Shooting a body part "steals" size from it, and the goal is to make your team's avatar the largest by making your characters huge.

Rocket League has Nintendo-exclusive cars, based on Samus and Mario and Luigi.

There's a new MOBA for the Switch. Eh... Called Arena of Valor, if you're interested, with a free beta this holiday.

Skyrim is on the Switch now...er, on November 17. with Champion's Tunic, Master Sword, and Hylian Shield in it, available by finding it or tapping an amiibo. November 17 launch.

DOOM on Switch this holiday, as well as Wolfenstein II.

Flip Wars update, with stuff and stuff. Man I forgot this was a game.

Arcade titles on Switch! Mario Bros. releases on the 27th, with others on the way, like VS. Super Mario Bros. This is pretty interesting, if you ask me.

Legendary Champion amiibos incoming for Breath of the Wild. What does it do? idk

FIFA 18 is coming on September 29, while Pokken Tournament DX is coming on the 22. Ehhhhh.

RPG? RPG! :0 From Square Enix comes a stylish new RPG - a multipath adventure, with eight separate stories. Known only as project: Octopath Traveler, by the same guys who made Bravely Default. You pick one of eight characters to start out with, and can do...a ton from there. They each have different things they can do, even outside of battle - for example, the warrior can challenge people, the dancer can allure anyone to follow her, and even summon them to help in battle.

Battles seem to be a mixture of the Brave system (now dubbed "Boost", which instead powers up attacks) and a break gauge system, sort of like the Lightning games. A demo will be available soon, with a survey to accompany it. It's slated for a 2018 release worldwide. Interesting enough.

New ARMS fighter - Lola Pop! She has three new ARMs - a shield arm, a tri-shoot thing, and a blinder.

Dragon Quest Builders! You're rebuilding Alefgard after the first game's protagonist was a surprise dick. Releases Spring 2018.

Kirby Switch - er, Star Allies! You can throw - oh hey that's Yo-Yo! ESP also returns. Anyways, you can combine your might for an attack, or even fuse them into new abilities! (And yes, they are new - Tornado Bomb, for example, has you use your bombs to float. ...I never said they were all good.) You'll need them, in order to fight the dark force invading Dream Land...again...

A metric ton of indie games, including Super Meat Boy Forever.

Lost Sphear is coming to the Switch on Jan. 23. Hopefully that turns out better than I am Setsuna. I swear to whatever. Also Sonic Forces, Resident Evil, and L.A. Noire.

One final game - Super Mario Odyssey! Cappy's trying to rescue his sister, Mario's trying to rescue Peach - hey, they're together, why not team up? Cappy's Capture allows Mario to control, well, anything. It's a massive globe-trotting adventure, spanning many kingdoms... some of which may bear a passing resemblance to places in the real world. Shivraine and Bubblaine (spelling?) are among the new kingdoms in the game, but there's a ton of them. Mario travels to different kingdoms via the Odyssey, a hot-air-hat ship, powered by the collectible of the day - Power Moons. They're hidden, uh, everywhere. Talkatoo and Hint Toad can help with that.

There's also a ton of minigames which you can compete with people at.

You can buy costumes to wear. Do they do anything? ...Hell if I know! They'll at least let you fit in more, as much as a small Italian man with large eyes and nose can fit in. There do also seem to be sidescrolling sections - notably one ala Donkey Kong. October 27 is when you can go on an Odyssey. Mario Odyssey amiibos grant costumes and power ups - notably, Mario's gives you invincibility, while Peach gives you...bonus hearts, I guess? And Bowser just lets you find regional coins. Lame.

Aaaaaaaaaand that's it! Some good stuff from this Direct, I think. Hyped for all the Kirby, and we got some RPGs! Yes, that's all that mattered to me.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Nintendo Direct - 9/13/2017 :: Comments

Greece

Post 13th September 2017, 7:42 pm by Greece

Lief Katano wrote:New Mario Party collection, with the top 100 minigames available. Available November 10.

But will there be online play

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 13th September 2017, 7:45 pm by Lief Katano

idk probably

Back to top Go down

Post 13th September 2017, 7:55 pm by Guest

It's Nintendo:

Fans of Mario wrote:Give us a Mario Party game with online multiplayer!

Nintendo wrote:Hurr Durr here's a greatest hits Mario Party for all of you!

Fans wrote:But...does it have online multiplayer?

Nintendo wrote:Online wut? Nintendo Direct - 9/13/2017 Avatar_56f666dfb64c_128

Back to top Go down

Meyneth

Post 13th September 2017, 8:11 pm by Meyneth

Lief Katano wrote:
There's three "classes", so to say - Drivers and Blades. Drivers do the fighting, while Blades support them, using items and support arts. Three of each can be in battle, and Blades determine equippable weapons and arts. They're split into attack, defense, and healer Blades. ...I feel like "blade" isn't really an accurate name for them. At all! Blade specials are the limit break system this time around, involving properly timing B button presses. And mashing it. XC2 launches December 1.

There's like a 85%chance they're swords.

Back to top Go down

Kaede Akamatsu

Post 13th September 2017, 9:43 pm by Kaede Akamatsu

me, regarding the Pokemon news:

HOLY FUCK I'M SO HYPED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 13th September 2017, 11:12 pm by Lief Katano

Meyneth wrote:
Lief Katano wrote:

There's like a 85%chance they're swords.
The default Blade is definitely a swordgirl but there's spear and axe Blades as well

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down