Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little splurge...

Go down

A little splurge... Empty A little splurge...

My tax return should be coming soon, and with it, I was thinking of splurging on myself a bit...

I thought about maybe getting a PS4 finally, but given that it's still like, what, $250 to $300 currently, that doesn't leave much... Heck, I'd probably need to spend around $400 or more total just to have something to go with it (a game or two, plus PS+ membership)...

So what I was thinking instead was maybe building up my 3DS library with a couple games. I've been thinking about getting Ocarina of Time 3D, and maybe Majora's Mask if I like OoT, so there's that. I'm also getting back into Pokémon, so I could get Moon, buy a Pokémon Bank subscription, and finally get my collection of Pokémon out of Gen V. Heck, might even consider Y and retro Yellow to boot.

Another thing I'm considering is maybe splurging on SMITE and Paladins since I'm playing them so much (Paladins especially as of late), so Founders Pack for Paladins (currently $20), and maybe some Gems and Crystals for stuff.

There's also the fact that the Nonary Games collection comes out on Steam soon (March 24 to be precise), so I could invest in that, and most likely the third and final Zero Escape game. There's also a bunch of other games that I've re-added to my wish list that I may consider getting, especially if I save back for the Summer Sale. Problem is that I still have a ton of games in my Steam library already that I still need to play, so maybe investing in more isn't a great idea at the moment...

Finally, I've been thinking about getting an MP3 player or iPod for music when I'm on the go, and maybe a few new CDs. I used to use my phone for music, but when it died on me, I downgraded to a simple flip phone, so no more music unless there's a radio nearby...

A lot of things to think about, so I thought I'd get them out of my head and into a blog.

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

A little splurge... :: Comments

Meyneth

Post 11th March 2017, 12:10 am by Meyneth

If you do decided to go for a PS4 I would recommend going for a bundle. Greece and I got the Unchared 4 bundle. Buuuuut that one might not be worth if if you're okay with refurbished stuff.(Also you can get the PS3 Uncharted games for 3 bucks each on gamestop's website, yay! note: the PS4 is not compatible with ps3 games) if you need any recommendations for games I can toss my two cents in. 

If you also want recs for 3ds stiff I can help with that too(I would like a list of the games that you owned and you to highlight the ones you liked disliked.) OoT is a fine game(even if I'm not as attached to it as most people) but be warned MM is really different, but that's not a bad thing. sure the core game play is the same, but there is a bigger focus on side quest and a lot less dungeons. I can go into more detail if you want. Oh SuMo is good too.

I can't really give a lot of stuff related to Smite/Paladins but since you like them a lot then I would say that you might want to show support by paying for something since they're both ftp. 

Once again I know little t nothing about 999/VLR but they's nothing wrong with double dipping if you really like a game and are excited to see what comes next. 

as for steam most gmes will not go away once you buy them, so there really isn't any harm in picking up some sale games now for playing later. 

Older mp3/Ipods are relatively cheap so that's good, just make use that your music/itunes is compatible. I mostly buy all my music off of internet but cds are cool. 

Do you know who much you're getting back? you could decide to give percentages to certain things and then send that percent of money on it.

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 11th March 2017, 7:27 am by Lief Katano

I would definitely recommend Sun and Moon! Very awesome games.

I'd also really recommend the Shin Megami Tensei series - namely, Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker and Shin Megami Tensei IV, given your Tastes. SMTIV: Apocalypse might also be good, though I could see that sliding a bit more into uncomfortable territory for you. (Basically: DeSu2 -> SMTIV -> IVA) Soul Hackers is good too, but it's also really, really old-school. (Like, Sega Saturn old. Though there are convenience features added, it can be a bit of a pain still.)

Speaking of old-school, Etrian Odyssey! Really great games. I mean, they will probably make you extremely frustrated, but. I'd recommend IV and U2, though the first Untold game miiiight be good if you play it first? Persona Q is more or less the same game, though with a few key differences, and while there are Persona 3 characters there's also Persona 4 characters and you can choose to focus on them.

Incidentally, for these and other ATLUS games, definitely get them off the eShop. They're pretty cheap and go on sale often.

Dragon Quest VII and VIII are also awesome; while you could get VIII for the PS2, there's some extra nice features in the 3DS port (like actually being able to see what skills are in the skill tree...) that make it, imo, better. VII is also on the PlayStation, but hahahahahaha that's really bad just stick with the 3DS version and save yourself a headache.

I'd also recommend Bravely Second; while it wasn't as good as Default, imo, it's still a pretty good game. Just...make sure you don't look up game-breaking combinations. Otherwise the difficulty would snap in half. And then melt. And then turn into its gaseous state. It's that bad. (ofc if you like cheesing then that's good, but)

I'd dig around some more but I think your tax return is already crying at the thought of this :V

Back to top Go down

Nopon

Post 11th March 2017, 8:13 am by Nopon

Etrian Oddesy is great and has a demo!

Back to top Go down

Post 11th March 2017, 6:38 pm by Guest

Just for reference, I should be getting $837.88 back if I did everything right (I'm assuming so since I got my State Tax back the other day without any issues). Probably should have mentioned that in the first place... Sorry

Meyneth wrote:If you do decided to go for a PS4 I would recommend going for a bundle. Greece and I got the Unchared 4 bundle. Buuuuut that one might not be worth if if you're okay with refurbished stuff.(Also you can get the PS3 Uncharted games for 3 bucks each on gamestop's website, yay! note: the PS4 is not compatible with ps3 games) if you need any recommendations for games I can toss my two cents in.

Yeah, I was looking at the prices earlier, and the Uncharted 4 bundle at Walmart was like $250? But at Gamestop, the listing was around $300, and their refurbished ones were $260... Not sure if it's just a mistake on Walmart's Website or what, but if it's true, then I'd definitely just go with the bundle. I've been interested in the Uncharted series for ages, but I've never had a console that can play them... My "newest console" is still my PS2 (not counting my Wii since the disc drive is broken on it), and heck, even my PS2 is wearing out, so soon, I'll more than likely be down to an old N64 that may or may not work still (haven't played it in ages Dreaming) as my only tv console... I have a vague idea of what games I'd like for a PS4 from the many times I've made lists of games to get if I get it, but any recommendations are also welcomed!

If you also want recs for 3ds stiff I can help with that too(I would like a list of the games that you owned and you to highlight the ones you liked disliked.) OoT is a fine game(even if I'm not as attached to it as most people) but be warned MM is really different, but that's not a bad thing. sure the core game play is the same, but there is a bigger focus on side quest and a lot less dungeons. I can go into more detail if you want. Oh SuMo is good too.

Sure thing! My actual library of 3DS games is fairly small compared to most of my collection:
Pokémon Omega Ruby (good remake, but could have been better)
Mario Kart 7 (lots of fun and great time killer, but a bit frustrating on the harder tracks and difficlutly levels)
Cave Story 3D (liked it, but I think I prefer the original version I did a LP of ages ago, mainly because it was weird playing it on a small screen...)
Bravely Default (easily one of the best RPGs I've played, great soundtrack, awesome battle system, great main characters, only thing I didn't like was the ending...)
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (I suck at fighting games, but I really like this version since you can tap the bottom screen for combo attacks, and Juri is in it)
Retro City Rampage (not bad, got it from Vizzed market when they had it for sale, and I've played it off and on)
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (also from Vizzed Market, and haven't played it yet since I haven't played the first two games in the Shantae series...)

And yeah, I heard that MM was a bit different from OoT, so I thought I may just go with OoT to start off (and the fact that OoT is part of the Nintendo Selects now and only $20, while MM is still at full retail...).

Lief Katano wrote:Speaking of old-school, Etrian Odyssey! Really great games. I mean, they will probably make you extremely frustrated, but. I'd recommend IV and U2, though the first Untold game miiiight be good if you play it first? Persona Q is more or less the same game, though with a few key differences, and while there are Persona 3 characters there's also Persona 4 characters and you can choose to focus on them.

I will say that I've considered getting Persona Q, but I'd like to get Persona 3 first. I just hope my PS2 is still good enough to actually play games, though, I did read online that if you have a disc drive on your computer, there's a good PS2 emulator that can play PS2 disc on your pc, so that's a thing.

Incidentally, for these and other ATLUS games, definitely get them off the eShop. They're pretty cheap and go on sale often.

Good to know. I'll keep my eyes on the eShop then.

I'd also recommend Bravely Second; while it wasn't as good as Default, imo, it's still a pretty good game.

I've also been wanting to get Bravely Second. As long as the ending isn't as screwed up as in Default, I'll be happy with it.

Arupon wrote:Etrian Oddesy is great and has a demo!

Hmmm, another Etrian Odyssey recommendation. I have considered it in the past, and I did try the demo for...IV I think, so I'll keep that in mind too.

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 11th March 2017, 6:41 pm by Lief Katano

Bravely Second's ending is way better than Bravely Default's, don't worry.

Back to top Go down

Post 12th March 2017, 11:01 am by Guest

I think for now, I've made up my mind. If all goes according to plan, I'll be getting Pokémon Moon, Pokémon Y, and a $20 eShop card to get Pokémon Bank, Pokémon Yellow, and Super Mario Bros. 3. If I still have some left, I'll also grab a Steam Wallet card for any sales and/or SMITE/Paladins stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum