The Near-Future

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Near-Future

So, I've kinda been holding out on you all for at least half a year now.

There's been a reason why I didn't jump at the opportunity to join Dichotomy, and I'll admit that the limited posts I made about it were not 100% truthful.

Basically, I knew that I likely wouldn't be around the Pit Stop for a very long time soon, and I didn't want to slow things down for everyone.
I also didn't want to mention this much, because I didn't want everyone to be worried or anything, or be bummed as our days slowly counted down. Plus, I figured it would just be better to mention it when we were closer to the time I'd be gone and such, when everything is more set in stone and figured out. I wasn't even going to post this now, but wait a little longer, but I kinda let it slip in my art stream(s) the other day, and I'm really just excited and hyped for it, and I guess now is as good a time as ever. (Also, you guys might want to participate in this week's fun!)

I will be serving a mission for my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Usually when people think of church missions, they think of a few weeks or so in some country that they can choose. Well, Mormon missions are not like that. For starters, we do not choose where we go. We send in paperwork (Identity info, physical exam, dental exam, that sort of stuff) and have interviews, and then, if approved from the local area, our 'papers' get sent to the church headquarters in Utah. There, after careful consideration and prayer, where missionaries are sent is revealed to church leaders. A 'call' is then sent back to the missionary, saying where they will go and things they will need for that area and such.

While on a mission, I will not be allowed to check the internet (or at least have incredibly limited internet access). So, I'll be away from all my social media sites, including the Pit Stop. Here's a link to Mormon.org's FAQ, for any information I've forgotten to cover, or if you just want to see some things I believe strongly enough to try to share with the world.

I've already submitted the paperwork and jazz, and, in fact, as of today, my 'call' has been assigned! Now I just have to wait to get it in the mail! As you can imagine, this wait is exciting, but also sort of scary! I have no idea where I will be spending the next 18 months (once I leave home, most likely at the start of January). (Women spend 18 months, whereas Men spend a full 2 years)

However, this is also a fun time, where friends and family can guess as to where I will go!

So, do any of you fellows have guesses as to where I might go? Here's a list of the available missions at this time, if you want to look over it or anything! Or you could just suggest "State-side" (any specific US state you can think of?), a continent, or country. :) I'm marking guesses on some maps!

I'm expecting to get my call in the mail anytime this week or next week, maybe. I'll definitely let you guys know where I'll be going!

I'm also thinking about setting up a blog to email updates on how I'm doing and share some of my mission stories. If I'm allowed to on my mission (apparently not all missions allow this), would any of you guys be interested? I'd be linking it in my sig if I could.
Burnin' Bunnies

: Holy crap. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

The Near-Future :: Comments

Post on 2nd December 2016, 6:37 pm by Truthseeker4449

Good thing she doesn't know how to use Minecraft power when it is given to her.

Back to top Go down

Post on 2nd December 2016, 7:50 pm by Greece

its true,

given I don't have it enough to really learn it

Back to top Go down

Post on 3rd December 2016, 12:29 pm by Princess

Well, you could make another email - something like BunniesTPPS@randomemailserviceprovider.com or something more vague so that if you have other friends online, you could give them that to contact you with.

Back to top Go down

Post on 3rd December 2016, 12:42 pm by Burnin' Bunnies

I might do that someday, haha!

But I have a mission email assigned to me--my normal email doesn't have my name in it at all (but is still super embarrassing because my mom and I made it when I was 12...which is why I've secretly made a more professional email for when I was looking for a job a few months ago).

Either way, I think I'm only supposed to check my mission email. Unless I need to check my main email for security reasons or something, I really won't have a need to get on it during the mission, and it will likely just be a distraction (tumblr, crunchyroll, YouTube, steam, etc...it would be tempting to click on)

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum