The Near-Future

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Near-Future

So, I've kinda been holding out on you all for at least half a year now.

There's been a reason why I didn't jump at the opportunity to join Dichotomy, and I'll admit that the limited posts I made about it were not 100% truthful.

Basically, I knew that I likely wouldn't be around the Pit Stop for a very long time soon, and I didn't want to slow things down for everyone.
I also didn't want to mention this much, because I didn't want everyone to be worried or anything, or be bummed as our days slowly counted down. Plus, I figured it would just be better to mention it when we were closer to the time I'd be gone and such, when everything is more set in stone and figured out. I wasn't even going to post this now, but wait a little longer, but I kinda let it slip in my art stream(s) the other day, and I'm really just excited and hyped for it, and I guess now is as good a time as ever. (Also, you guys might want to participate in this week's fun!)

I will be serving a mission for my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Usually when people think of church missions, they think of a few weeks or so in some country that they can choose. Well, Mormon missions are not like that. For starters, we do not choose where we go. We send in paperwork (Identity info, physical exam, dental exam, that sort of stuff) and have interviews, and then, if approved from the local area, our 'papers' get sent to the church headquarters in Utah. There, after careful consideration and prayer, where missionaries are sent is revealed to church leaders. A 'call' is then sent back to the missionary, saying where they will go and things they will need for that area and such.

While on a mission, I will not be allowed to check the internet (or at least have incredibly limited internet access). So, I'll be away from all my social media sites, including the Pit Stop. Here's a link to Mormon.org's FAQ, for any information I've forgotten to cover, or if you just want to see some things I believe strongly enough to try to share with the world.

I've already submitted the paperwork and jazz, and, in fact, as of today, my 'call' has been assigned! Now I just have to wait to get it in the mail! As you can imagine, this wait is exciting, but also sort of scary! I have no idea where I will be spending the next 18 months (once I leave home, most likely at the start of January). (Women spend 18 months, whereas Men spend a full 2 years)

However, this is also a fun time, where friends and family can guess as to where I will go!

So, do any of you fellows have guesses as to where I might go? Here's a list of the available missions at this time, if you want to look over it or anything! Or you could just suggest "State-side" (any specific US state you can think of?), a continent, or country. :) I'm marking guesses on some maps!

I'm expecting to get my call in the mail anytime this week or next week, maybe. I'll definitely let you guys know where I'll be going!

I'm also thinking about setting up a blog to email updates on how I'm doing and share some of my mission stories. If I'm allowed to on my mission (apparently not all missions allow this), would any of you guys be interested? I'd be linking it in my sig if I could.
Burnin' Bunnies

: Holy crap. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

The Near-Future :: Comments

Post on 26th November 2016, 1:07 pm by Greece

If they don't let you have a blog then we could have snazz post them here, or your mom could foward the emails to me and I'll share them here.

Back to top Go down

Post on 26th November 2016, 4:14 pm by jokool

@Princess wrote:I had a Mormon friend who I completely lost contact with because of his mission (we were online friends). If your mission is in Los Angeles or in SoCal, let me know (if possible).
y u so negative? Plz don't forget about us Nanna... Niagara Falls

Also, I don't know if you saw her other blog, but she found out she's going to be in Idaho.

Back to top Go down

Post on 28th November 2016, 5:56 am by Princess

I did, I just decided to not edit my post Silly

Back to top Go down

Post on 28th November 2016, 3:09 pm by Burnin' Bunnies

Don't worry folks--I fully intend to stay in contact! If I can't make a blog (I really should check, but I don't see why not?) then I'll definitely trust that Greece can keep you all up to date (that is a wonderful idea, why didn't I consider that before??)
And of course I'll keep coming to the Pit Stop after my mission! It's such a large part of my Internet life that I don't see myself just dropping it once I get home!

But you all had better keep on top of the awards nominations so I can easily see the good stuff I missed! I can assure you that I am not going to be reading an entire year and a half of posts I missed... =_=

Back to top Go down

Post on 28th November 2016, 5:12 pm by Princess

Indeed Dark Magic Wink!

Back to top Go down

Post on 28th November 2016, 5:37 pm by returnofmastercrazyhand

my friend IRL did this recently starting in june.

Back to top Go down

Post on 28th November 2016, 6:31 pm by Greece

@Burnin' Bunnies wrote:Don't worry folks--I fully intend to stay in contact! If I can't make a blog (I really should check, but I don't see why not?) then I'll definitely trust that Greece can keep you all up to date (that is a wonderful idea, why didn't I consider that before??)

U better add me to that email list fam

Back to top Go down

Post on 28th November 2016, 9:38 pm by Burnin' Bunnies

Pshhhh as if I wouldn't?? you're like the 1 irl friend I actually still communicate with lolol

Back to top Go down

Post on 1st December 2016, 9:05 pm by TheCapsFan

Hey Nanna, are we allowed to, like, respond to your blog and stuff? So that way we can keep you updated with the gling-ons on here?

Back to top Go down

Post on 1st December 2016, 11:54 pm by Burnin' Bunnies

I'm pretty sure you'd be able to respond to the blog, but I don't think I could technically check the blog itself on the mission. I'm pretty sure my sister had set up her blog to post emails she'd send.

And in that tone---technically you could send emails to me, yes. I'm not sure if I'm going to publicly give you guys my email since it contains my full first and last name and I'm not sure I'm comfortable giving that away, but I'll think about that. I don't want to shut you guys out completely and leave it to a one-way conversation where you all can read about how I'm doing but I'm completely unaware of what you are all up to. But if I do open that door, I definitely don't want spoilers to ANYTHING (mainly read: Zelda). No links to posts/videos/anything really. Feel free to send me some art you feel proud of though! I did that for my sis.

Back to top Go down

Post on 2nd December 2016, 12:05 am by Orcapon

ah so I can send you episodes of undertale

If you don't feel comfortable giving that out then we could always just have Greece send stuff for us :D

Back to top Go down

Post on 2nd December 2016, 12:26 am by jokool

@Burnin' Bunnies wrote:And in that tone---technically you could send emails to me, yes. I'm not sure if I'm going to publicly give you guys my email since it contains my full first and last name and I'm not sure I'm comfortable giving that away, but I'll think about that. I don't want to shut you guys out completely and leave it to a one-way conversation where you all can read about how I'm doing but I'm completely unaware of what you are all up to. But if I do open that door, I definitely don't want spoilers to ANYTHING (mainly read: Zelda). No links to posts/videos/anything really. Feel free to send me some art you feel proud of though! I did that for my sis.

Believe me, you wouldn't be missing much out of my life if you just had nothing but one way conversations with me. Dreaming

Seriously though, we wouldn't want you to do anything that made you uncomfortable. I'm sure all of us would just be happy to hear from you now and then.

And, like Arupon said, Greece could be our messenger. Super Grin

Back to top Go down

Post on 2nd December 2016, 12:52 pm by Greece

All the power

Back to top Go down

Post on 2nd December 2016, 1:34 pm by Burnin' Bunnies

Laughing I was going to suggest that, but I was having trouble phrasing it and didn't want to impose on Greece, haha! But if you are all fine with that, I t sounds like a dandy idea, so...ye.

Back to top Go down

Post on 2nd December 2016, 6:31 pm by jokool

@Greece wrote:All the power
Gonk She's going power crazy!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum