Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokémon Sun and Moon Infodump

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pokémon Sun and Moon Infodump - Page 2 Empty Pokémon Sun and Moon Infodump

Greetings, everyone! As per usual, I'm Lief Katano. Unlike per usual, I'm going to be covering the new Pokémon Sun and Moon info.

The first new items are related to Solgaleo and Lunala. Solgaleo's a Steel/Psychic type. It sports the new ability Full Metal Body, which, as so far seen, completely negates stat drops, similar to Clear Body. Makes more sense than Registeel with Clear Body, at any rate. Its signature move is Sunsteel Strike, which can OHKO a Salamence. ...An untrained Salamence, at any rate.

Lunala is Psychic/Ghost. Its ability is Shadow Shield, which is the exact same as Multiscale - it lowers damage taken by half.

...The abilities are kind of creatively bankrupt. Then again, Black and White had not!Mold Breaker for their mascots, and X and Y were... better, but the abilities were variants of each other, so it's par for the course, really.

Its signature move is Moongeist Beam, which is a Ghost-type move. Both it and Sunsteel Beam have an innate Mold Breaker effect, allowing them to hit regardless of the target's ability.

Character customization returns! ...At least, it returns insofar as allowing you to choose a skin tone. But I'd be surprised if it doesn't return beyond that. :U

The Pokédex this time is a Rotomdex! It's...ah, it's a Rotom-possessed Pokédex that can talk to you. In the game, it can give you advice on where to go next based on who you talk to, and shows where you currently are, like a Town Map. It can also use the QR-scanning abilities of the Nintendo 3DS system to add Pokémon to your Pokédex, letting you know where they are.

There's also a few new characters revealed:
Player Characters:
Professor Kukui:
Hau:
Lillie:

The Pokédex is also split into four parts - presumably, one for each major island.

To top it off, have a picture of the Rotomdex!

Spoiler:

That's all for now. Until next time...

Spoiler:

See ya!
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Pokémon Sun and Moon Infodump :: Comments

Lief Katano

Post 2nd June 2016, 7:20 pm by Lief Katano

Possessed electronics have existed since Platinum

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 2nd June 2016, 7:22 pm by Truthseeker4449

Kitchen Appliances don't really compare well to a Pokédex.

Back to top Go down

Caprizant

Post 2nd June 2016, 11:14 pm by Caprizant

Your local kitchen appliance doesn't have info on over 700 alien species in it? :V

In all seriousness, I think the Rotomdex might get annoying in the anime, but for the games it's just pure distilled awesomery.

Unless it holds your hand the whole way through the game. IIRC, the Japanese video showed that the Rotomdex can put a flag on your map to show where you have to go. I really hope the game doesn't end up being just a long string of flag following.

Back to top Go down

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 2nd June 2016, 11:19 pm by Burnin' Bunnies

I think it would be great if you could ask Rotom to place a flag. A few times in Y I remember not knowing where I need to go because I hadn't played for a while, so being able to ask for a reminder would be nice. I hope that is how it is handled, instead of automatically placing a flag and demanding you go.

Back to top Go down

Post 2nd June 2016, 11:42 pm by Guest

As long as it doesn't show up on the Fly map, I'm fine.

Back to top Go down

Princess

Post 2nd June 2016, 11:55 pm by Princess

Lief Katano wrote:
@Luma There's three lines of Steel/Psychic Pokémon - Bronzor's, Beldum's, and Jirachi. That isn't exactly widely used. :U

I feel like Jirachi and Beldum's line are rather popular, so that makes it seem like that's a more common type pairing than it really is. Plus, one of my mains in Pokemon Platinum was Bronzor, so that must be part of why the type pairing seems so common to me :U

Back to top Go down

Greece

Post 3rd June 2016, 9:45 am by Greece

You should be able to ask rotom where to go. That way those who want the flag can get it, a those who don't won't.

I don't really like rotom dex either

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 3rd June 2016, 1:19 pm by Truthseeker4449

Yay I'm not alone!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2