Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokémon Sun and Moon Infodump

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pokémon Sun and Moon Infodump Empty Pokémon Sun and Moon Infodump

Greetings, everyone! As per usual, I'm Lief Katano. Unlike per usual, I'm going to be covering the new Pokémon Sun and Moon info.

The first new items are related to Solgaleo and Lunala. Solgaleo's a Steel/Psychic type. It sports the new ability Full Metal Body, which, as so far seen, completely negates stat drops, similar to Clear Body. Makes more sense than Registeel with Clear Body, at any rate. Its signature move is Sunsteel Strike, which can OHKO a Salamence. ...An untrained Salamence, at any rate.

Lunala is Psychic/Ghost. Its ability is Shadow Shield, which is the exact same as Multiscale - it lowers damage taken by half.

...The abilities are kind of creatively bankrupt. Then again, Black and White had not!Mold Breaker for their mascots, and X and Y were... better, but the abilities were variants of each other, so it's par for the course, really.

Its signature move is Moongeist Beam, which is a Ghost-type move. Both it and Sunsteel Beam have an innate Mold Breaker effect, allowing them to hit regardless of the target's ability.

Character customization returns! ...At least, it returns insofar as allowing you to choose a skin tone. But I'd be surprised if it doesn't return beyond that. :U

The Pokédex this time is a Rotomdex! It's...ah, it's a Rotom-possessed Pokédex that can talk to you. In the game, it can give you advice on where to go next based on who you talk to, and shows where you currently are, like a Town Map. It can also use the QR-scanning abilities of the Nintendo 3DS system to add Pokémon to your Pokédex, letting you know where they are.

There's also a few new characters revealed:
Player Characters:
Professor Kukui:
Hau:
Lillie:

The Pokédex is also split into four parts - presumably, one for each major island.

To top it off, have a picture of the Rotomdex!

Spoiler:

That's all for now. Until next time...

Spoiler:

See ya!
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Pokémon Sun and Moon Infodump :: Comments

Caprizant

Post 2nd June 2016, 10:40 am by Caprizant

1. Solgaleo being anything but Fire-type was a surprise tbh but Psychic/Steel is probably the last combination I'd guess. It sounds neat though!

2. I was kinda attached to the second A in Lunaala :(

3. Island chain region hype! Not that anyone legit thought we were only getting the one island. The gameplay they showed makes me feel confident that the region will look awesome.

4. Lillie is going to be an interesting character.

5. Also second hot professor in a row nice >:D

Now onto the main story of this entire announcement...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post 2nd June 2016, 11:33 am by Guest

Rotom? In my Pokédex?

It's more likely than you think.

And it talks, at that. Isn't this the first time in the main series a Pokemon has legitimately talked?

Back to top Go down

Post 2nd June 2016, 1:20 pm by Guest

Lillie = Tsundere calling it.
Rotom Pokédex sounds cool! Wonder if you'll actually be able to use Rotom in battle?
And yeah, big surprise that Solgaleo not being at least part fire. Psychic/Steel? Hmmm... Starting to like Lunala a bit more now, so I'm probably going with Moon based off of that. Dreaming
I seriously hope character customization does return...
Hmmm... Thought the fat guy with the Hawaiian shirt on in the trailer throwing the starter Pokéballs was the professor, but hey, this guy seems ok.

Back to top Go down

Princess

Post 2nd June 2016, 1:32 pm by Princess

Rotomdex...sinnoh confirmed? Oh sweet Lordy. at least it's a start.

I love Lillie's design! She's so cute. I like how the protagonists and characters around the protagonist's age look young, around 10 or 11. I was not fond of the idea that the characters would get older and older each generation.

I really don't like the female protagonist's hat. Other than that, they look fine.

I will still get Pokémon Sun. I prefer the design of the legendary and I'm not a competitive battle, so typing doesn't matter as much to me. To be fair, I feel like they often randomly pair steel with other types like in the case of Mawhile, Lucario, etc.....but seriously, psychic/steel is a well established type pairing and I wish it were more original.

The professor looks like he could be a child of Birch and the Hoenn fighting type gym leader (his name escapes me at the moment).

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 2nd June 2016, 2:50 pm by Lief Katano

@Charles Copy cat's Doduo could talk, as well as the Marowak ghost. There's also a talking Murkrow in Johto, though it's possible that that's just mimicry. And a talking Zoroark in B2W2. 

@Luma There's three lines of Steel/Psychic Pokémon - Bronzor's, Beldum's, and Jirachi. That isn't exactly widely used. :U

@jo I somewhat doubt we can use Rotom, if only because, story-wise, the Rotomdex needs Rotom to function.

Back to top Go down

Greece

Post 2nd June 2016, 4:13 pm by Greece

Princess wrote:
I really don't like the female protagonist's hat.

Thank you. It's really ugly.

Back to top Go down

Burnin' Bunnies

Post 2nd June 2016, 4:33 pm by Burnin' Bunnies

I agree. We better be able to get different hats like in X and Y

Back to top Go down

Caprizant

Post 2nd June 2016, 4:50 pm by Caprizant

Aw, you guys don't like Glove World Hat? :C
It's ok I don't either

Back to top Go down

Post 2nd June 2016, 5:03 pm by Guest

She looks like a chicken with it. :I

Back to top Go down

Kaede Akamatsu

Post 2nd June 2016, 5:33 pm by Kaede Akamatsu

I must be the only one who thinks the hat is cute...

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 2nd June 2016, 5:46 pm by Truthseeker4449

I don't like this Rotomdex. The map looks like a dream come true. Everything else, I dunno, besides me not liking the hat either.

Back to top Go down

Lief Katano

Post 2nd June 2016, 5:51 pm by Lief Katano

What's the problem with the Rotomdex?

Back to top Go down

Post 2nd June 2016, 6:05 pm by Guest

The Rotomdex is fucking awesome, Truth.  The hell are you talking about?!  

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 2nd June 2016, 7:19 pm by Truthseeker4449

Perhaps I'm just old school and prefer unpossessed electronics.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next