Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World of Remnant

+5
Truthseeker4449
Caprizant
Kaede Akamatsu
Katuna Makata
Meyneth
9 posters

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

The World of Remnant - Page 4 Empty Re: The World of Remnant

Post by Truthseeker4449 9th November 2015, 11:58 am

Forever Fall....

*has to go look*

Oh Episodes 11-14. Those were interesting.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Katuna Makata 10th November 2015, 3:10 am

Team TRTH wrote:
Team SEKR wrote:Which is exactly considered the Jaune arc? With all the stuff going on recently with me, I've forgotten a good chunk of the events of volume one already.
Forever Fall....

*has to go look*

Oh Episodes 11-14. Those were interesting.
You got it, "Jaundice" and "Forever Fall." Easily the weakest point of the series so far. It put me off to the show for awhile until a couple week after the volume's finale was released.

Burnin' Bunnies wrote:I like Jaune. :/
I don't hate Jaune, but he's my least favorite of JNPR due to the disproportionate amount of screentime he's gotten over his teammates. And Team RWBY for that matter.

In Volume 1 there were 16 episodes/10 chapters. He got a whole 4 episodes/2 chapters focusing on his problem. Depending on which way you're viewing it, that's a fifth or a fourth of the volume. Now I'll give them saving Blake's past and heritage reveal for the finale, and Ruby and Weiss had episode 9 and 10/chapter 6 dedicated to working on their relationship/roles in the previous chapter. But Yang? Nothing. Why is someone from the secondary team getting a fourth of the introductory volume when they haven't even spent time on a character from the eponymous team? (A number of people cite Miles being one of the writers for this.)

Warning - Long RWBY RMBL in the spoiler:

tl;dr I really didn't care for the Jaune arc or the portions of the dance episodes focused on Team Jaune-with-guest-appearances-by-NPR. I don't hate the essence of his character, but the amount of screentime he's given over his teammates and especially Team RWBY is grating to me.
Spoiler:

There's been enough Jaune plots to cover the next three volumes please keep him operating in the capacity he was for the first two episodes of Volume 3.

Having said all of that,
Some Arkos fanart:
Because I still like the ship:
's cute:
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

: 8D :

Myers-Briggs Type : IDEK
Alignment : True Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 10th November 2015, 11:52 am

I do admit that I really want more Nora and Ren (particularly Ren, err..) and that many of Jaune's arcs and episodes are cliché and missing a lot of great opportunities.
I'm ready for Jaune to be taken seriously, though. That moment in Episode 2 of Season 3 with the mid-battle argument really bothered me on multiple levels, and I hope that JNPR can have better bonding moments soon (with Ren and Nora included please. They seem to just do their own thing in the background. I need communication >:U ). I'm ready for Jaune's potential to start coming out.

I'm hoping we get to know even more about Yang/see her more this season. Sure there was that moment in season 2, but that left more questions that I think will be touched upon this season.
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: Holy crap. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Katuna Makata 11th November 2015, 5:40 pm

Burnin' Bunnies wrote:I do admit that I really want more Nora and Ren (particularly Ren, err..)
Hear, hear. How are you liking his new voice so far?
I think Neath is doing a really good job all things considered.
...and that many of Jaune's arcs and episodes are cliché and missing a lot of great opportunities.
I'm ready for Jaune to be taken seriously, though. That moment in Episode 2 of Season 3 with the mid-battle argument really bothered me on multiple levels, and I hope that JNPR can have better bonding moments soon (with Ren and Nora included please. They seem to just do their own thing in the background. I need communication  >:U ). I'm ready for Jaune's potential to start coming out.
And again hear, hear.
Metata back on the 6th wrote:
Jaune: This is it, guys! Let's finish 'em with team attacks! *raises sword* Ren! Nora! Flower Power!
Nora: Wait, what?
Jaune: ...F-Flower Power... That's your team attack name!
Ren: Since... when?
Jaune: Guys, we've been over this! Flower Power is Ren and Nora! Ren brings the flower, Nora brings the power!
Ren: How do I bring a flower?
Nora: No, silly, not a flower! Flour, like in baking!
Ren: Why would I bring that?
Ren don't be so modest you'd blow away the competition with your snickerdoodles

This whole exchange starts off pretty good and playful, but after this point it becomes a bit too hokey for me with the delivery and how it was drawn out.
I get that Team JNPR's and Team SSSN's matches were meant to be more comical and lighthearted (with Qrow calling them "messes"), but after that line in the dialogue it just becomes too much for me.

Idk, after two volumes I'm ready to get some idea of the plot that's been foreshadowed but has yet to be delivered in the openings of the first two volumes. I hope the third one isn't more of the same, hyping people up but then giving little to no delivery on this super secret mysterious scheme of Cinder's™. (The writing crew has said they planned out years worth of material with Monty before his passing so I know they have big plans, but I think their focus and pacing need some work. We should have had some inkling about what these plans are by now besides that they're not in alignment with the protagonists'.)

But yes we definitely need some more JNPR bonding time where it's on equal terms and not NPR commenting on whatever's going on with Jaune. I honestly cannot remember Pyrrha and Ren ever talking to each other (please correct me if I'm wrong) and this saddens me.

Team Sloth Art:
I wanna see Nora and Pyrrha do stuff together ;^;:

I'm hoping we get to know even more about Yang/see her more this season. Sure there was that moment in season 2, but that left more questions that I think will be touched upon this season.
Yes yes yes dear Gray and Kerry and Miles yes
I love all of Team RWBY equally but if I had to rank them like on Beaconship, Yang is my favorite, followed by Weiss, Blake, then Ruby.
Complete Beaconship Results:
I'm happy Yang is going to the doubles with Weiss because Freezerburn is the second least-explored dynamic of Team RWBY, with the first being Ladybug. Very excited to see those interactions.

So many questions:
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th November 2015, 7:13 pm

*just finished re-watching Volume 1*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th November 2015, 11:29 pm

Aaaaaaaaand now I've finished re-watching Volume 2! I'd start on Volume 3 now, but I'm tired and need to get to bed...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12th November 2015, 11:24 am

And now I'm caught up on the series (unless Volume 3; Chapter 3 is somewhere out there and I haven't found it yet). Read through the thread as best as I could, buuuuuuuuuuut.... The World of Remnant - Page 4 Woa-onion-head-emoticon

I will say that my favorite ships so far are BlackSunShipping (Blake x Sun), NeissShipping (Weiss and Neptune), ArkosShipping (Jaune x Pyrrha), and a little bit of RenoraShipping (Ren X Nora). I don't really have a ship for Yang or Ruby yet that I like (except maybe Ruby x Yang (Sisterly) = Strawberry Sunrise).

Favorite new characters so far are Reece (skater girl from Team ABRN), May (sniper girl from Team BRNZ), and Scarlet (pirate guy from Team SSSN (who I didn't know was voiced by Gavin until reading through this thread).

Khaki Makoto wrote:
That beautiful tribute to Monty at the end of the scene based on his signature ;;:
Oh man, I didn't realize that when I saw it. Beautiful indeed!

Spoiler:
I Agree PURE LOVE

Blake is easily my favorite member of team RWBY (with Yang a close second though).

Spoiler:
Loved this scene so much! Laughing and ...THIS THING Go ahead, ship me with Blake, I don't care anymore, she's just so darn adorable and cute and PURE LOVE

Khaki Makoto wrote:
Spoiler:
Yes, yes, yes, all of the yesses! I want to see this so much now! Mainly because we haven't seen much of Neo except for a couple of fights and brief glimpses and I want to see more of her sweet elegance on screen! PURE LOVE

Didn't see that at first was too distracted by the girl holding up a sign of Sun's abs... Whut

Aluboo wrote:Thing is, I need a new special interest 'cause I've pretty much run my Hellsing, PMMM, and Kuro obsessions into the ground and I really like Neo. She's super cute and mysterious.  PURE LOVE  
I also like Neptune 'cause HELLO BLUE HAIR and also a friend of mine cosplayed as him.

So, I'm gonna watch RWBY and join the madness. Googly Eyes
Yes, good, join us! Caprizant

Khaki Makoto wrote:
For jo, in honor the the Peanuts movie being released:
This is awesome!  Dunsparce Approves

Back to top Go down

The World of Remnant - Page 4 Empty I'm sorry I spam fanart practically every time I post here I just have a lot of RWBY feelings qq

Post by Katuna Makata 13th November 2015, 1:57 pm

jokool wrote:And now I'm caught up on the series (unless Volume 3; Chapter 3 is somewhere out there and I haven't found it yet). Read through the thread as best as I could, buuuuuuuuuuut.... The World of Remnant - Page 4 Woa-onion-head-emoticon
You're good, there was no new episode on the 8th because of the Extra Life lifestream.
Yeeeeeah I have a habit of rmbling when it comes to RWBY.  Innocent

Team JOKL wrote:I will say that my favorite ships so far are BlackSunShipping (Blake x Sun), NeissShipping (Weiss and Neptune), ArkosShipping (Jaune x Pyrrha), and a little bit of RenoraShipping (Ren X Nora). I don't really have a ship for Yang or Ruby yet that I like (except maybe Ruby x Yang (Sisterly) = Strawberry Sunrise).
If Arkos doesn't become canon sometime down the road after having three songs dedicated to it on the soundtrack so far (though I'd argue "Shine" is much more fitting for BumbleBy) I will genuinely be surprised. They're pushing it so hard. Renora, less so, but only because those two sadly get restricted to the background for the most part. So many hints though.

Neiss seems like a temporary thing to me especially after that last episode, but we shall see how things progress. After "Painting the Town..." I took a liking to Neptune x Yang/Solarflare. They just seemed to mesh really well together. Black Sun... I could see going either way, depending upon how things go down after Adam reappears. I don't mind Tauradonna, but at this point I don't see it becoming a thing in the future even if it was a thing in the past (or Adam was strictly a brother/mentor to Blake, also very likely.) Not unless there was a drastic turn on Adam's part.

I'm much more into Black Sun and BumbleBy, I alternate between the two. (And sadly don't see the writers going for polyamory, haha. Still hoping Raven, Summer, and Taiyang were all together in a relationship in the past before Raven left for unknown reasons. Or at the very least for Raven and Summer to have been friends/no bitter feelings between the two if they were both in love with Taiyang at the same time and he ended up with Raven first. Just... no crappy vicious love triangle, please, it's so tired.)

Some Black Sun for you:

Team KOOL wrote:Favorite new characters so far are Reese (skater girl from Team ABRN), May (sniper girl from Team BRNZ), and Scarlet (pirate guy from Team SSSN (who I didn't know was voiced by Gavin until reading through this thread).
Those three are definitely new fan favorites from what I've gathered. xD

Team Jokoko Puffs wrote:Oh man, I didn't realize that when I saw it. Beautiful indeed!
Same, I didn't realize it until it was pointed out to me because I don't think I ever saw Monty's signature before then. Regardless, still beautiful and heartwarming.

Team Nutritious Breakfast wrote:Blake is easily my favorite member of team RWBY (with Yang a close second though).
Love your Blake theme! Do you have a full picture of your avatar?

If you're bored and have 10 minutes, give Beaconship a go.
I'm not sure what makes a character worthy of adding to site considering Reese was added before Fox and Yatsuhashi despite having roughly the same amount of spotlight as they did (not even getting into Qrow being much more relevant to the plot), but all of the major characters are there.

Team SNPY wrote:Loved this scene so much! Laughing and ...THIS THING Go ahead, ship me with Blake, I don't care anymore, she's just so darn adorable and cute and PURE LOVE
KoolKatsShipping is go
I repeat, KoolKatsShipping is go
Open to better name suggestions.

Team PNTS wrote:Yes, yes, yes, all of the yesses! I want to see this so much now! Mainly because we haven't seen much of Neo except for a couple of fights and brief glimpses and I want to see more of her sweet elegance on screen! PURE LOVE
You have good taste, my friend.  Clap, Clap For You! My sister absolutely hates her, but I love everything see's brought to the series: Her design and theme is great, you don't see brown and pink paired up to often for color schemes (or maybe I just don't view enough media), an antagonistic presence that actually gives our heroes some trouble (prior to "No Brakes" barely anything seemed to slow Team RWBY down, they seemed so OP), with what we've seen of her personality tying into that:
jo in the TIL thread wrote:
Neopolitan has color changin eyes:
What a smug lil' lady, taunting Yang like that, I love it. It's going to make their rematch all the sweeter.

Sweeter than three flavors of ice cream combined.

It's short for Peanuts not Pants wrote:This is awesome!  Dunsparce Approves
Glad you like it. xD You were the first person I thought of when I saw it.

For shaming of you wrote:Weiss has a scar over her left eye. *is finally re-watching RWBY and just now noticed that after seeing the White Trailer again earlier*
and you call yerself a true RWBY fan

Last edited by Khaki Makoto on 13th November 2015, 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : 1 day i will lern 2 form at goodly)
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

Back to top Go down

Post by Katuna Makata 13th November 2015, 5:31 pm

jokool wrote:I don't really have a ship for Yang or Ruby yet that I like (except maybe Ruby x Yang (Sisterly) = Strawberry Sunrise).
Oh man don't even get me started on Strawberry Sunrise:

I can't wait to meet their dad and learn more about their childhood/family life. (Family bonding time with Qrow when??)
Spoiler:

Unrelated to that,
RIP Monty
These Vines were fantastic
Yang would totally play with her hair like that during a dance off
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th November 2015, 8:50 pm

Team KAKI wrote:
Team Nutritious Breakfast wrote:Blake is easily my favorite member of team RWBY (with Yang a close second though).
Love your Blake theme! Do you have a full picture of your avatar?

Have a look! Also some other cool RWBY artwork on their profile.

Team MKTO wrote:
Team SNPY wrote:Loved this scene so much! Laughing and ...THIS THING Go ahead, ship me with Blake, I don't care anymore, she's just so darn adorable and cute and PURE LOVE
KoolKatsShipping is go
I repeat, KoolKatsShipping is go
Open to better name suggestions.
I'm good with it.

Also, there is no image limit here. Caprizant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th November 2015, 10:27 pm

Khaki Makoto wrote:If you're bored and have 10 minutes, give Beaconship a go.
I'm not sure what makes a character worthy of adding to site considering Reese was added before Fox and Yatsuhashi despite having roughly the same amount of spotlight as they did (not even getting into Qrow being much more relevant to the plot), but all of the major characters are there.
my results:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katuna Makata 14th November 2015, 2:44 pm

jokool wrote:Have a look! Also some other cool RWBY artwork on their profile.
Very cool indeed. :o They even put hit points and stuff in a clip from the Black trailer.

Team KOOL wrote:
Also, there is no image limit here. Caprizant
This is too much power for one Kakuna to hold, Joe
But really is unlimited static image posting okay? TS posted this earlier
Truthseeker4449 wrote:KM, pushing the limits of the system with her gifs :P
So I don't want to be a jerk and ignore that
What should the self-imposed limit of gifs and videos per post be?

Team BLKE wrote:
my results:
no mistake there :v I kid, Rubbles is great.

I question anyone ranking Cardin higher than last place, lol.
I do know two people who do though, because they hate Neo for beating up Yang. xD One being my sister. I showed her Neo's spot on your list and she went "I need to have a talk with this person. I swear to whatever. "
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 14th November 2015, 3:38 pm

I would try to keep the number of videos per page less to or equal to the number of posts on that page, though as long as each one is within it's own spoiler tag, it might be fine as is.

As for static images, again within spoiler tags and as far as I remember it's not caused any issues in LPs as long as people close the tags before loading the part. My parts are running 40-60 images all under one tag.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katuna Makata 14th November 2015, 3:52 pm

Excellent, thank you for the clarification. Do gifs fall under the same category as static images or gifs?
Katuna Makata
Katuna Makata

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 14th November 2015, 5:40 pm

Gifs are a category of their own and the rule of thumb is no more than a couple a post, preferably not more than a few gif posts per page.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next