Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! I've got writer's block and I can't get out!

+8
returnofmastercrazyhand
Burnin' Bunnies
Kaede Akamatsu
Nopon
Truthseeker4449
Cap'n Jack
Lief Katano
Caprizant
12 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Help! I've got writer's block and I can't get out! - Page 7 Empty Re: Help! I've got writer's block and I can't get out!

Post by Cap'n Jack 7th November 2015, 9:24 pm

Truthseeker4449 wrote:Oh. Well I'm still submitting my two cents.

Any time I start using less sophisticated spelling/grammar than I usually do is when I'm usually being sarcastic, Truth, for future reference. As for giving your topic an actual answer, I think I'm a bad example because I went to a pretty small high school and so we all just kinda blended together. Generally though, the classic "nerds and jocks" dichotomy is pretty valid. with "girls" inhabiting their own far-off category beyond the reach of Earth's gravity
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Myers-Briggs Type : Someti

Back to top Go down

Help! I've got writer's block and I can't get out! - Page 7 Empty Re: Help! I've got writer's block and I can't get out!

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 7th November 2015, 9:44 pm

I actually disagree with that. Many people who play sports are also in band and I know quite a few in honors/AP classes. I do notice plenty of cliques, though.
Art kids (split even further into those who like anime and those who don't) (or maybe those into Photography vs those into drawing etc)
Choir kids vs Orchestra kids vs Band kids vs Theater kids vs Dance kids vs kids in 2 or more of the performing arts
Otakus who are not into art
Gamer kids (otakus vs xbox, no joke)
"Popular/Preppy" kids (just generally annoying and have the largest group of "friends". Don't seem to be interested in anything outside of their phone, the Walking Dead, and the mall)
The kids who Read (may or may not be in the band as well)
The sports players-- usually also the Popular ones, but can fit into many of the categories, actually

That's all I can really think of right now. Many kids can fit into a few of these categories, but these are pretty distinctive traits at least in high school and middle school.
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: Holy crap. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 7th November 2015, 9:52 pm

Burnin' Bunnies wrote:I actually disagree with that. Many people who play sports are also in band and I know quite a few in honors/AP classes. I do notice plenty of cliques, though.
Art kids (split even further into those who like anime and those who don't) (or maybe those into Photography vs those into drawing etc)
Choir kids vs Orchestra kids vs Band kids vs Theater kids vs Dance kids vs kids in 2 or more of the performing arts
Otakus who are not into art
Gamer kids (otakus vs xbox, no joke)
"Popular/Preppy" kids (just generally annoying and have the largest group of "friends". Don't seem to be interested in anything outside of their phone, the Walking Dead, and the mall)
The kids who Read (may or may not be in the band as well)
The sports players-- usually also the Popular ones, but can fit into many of the categories, actually

That's all I can really think of right now. Many kids can fit into a few of these categories, but these are pretty distinctive traits at least in high school and middle school.

This all the way

I don't even get involved with any of the people at my school, but I've noticed this
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 7th November 2015, 10:06 pm

That helps a lot with helping me pick out some of my of my experiences from my memory. Like how band keeps a number of people I really needed for certain things from being there and so I tend associate those in my school band with being unreliable to a certain extent. Though to be fair, our band tends to perform quite well.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 7th November 2015, 11:52 pm

i sorta mentally broke people down as follows:

1) my friends: generally cool peeps, we hung out in the library at lunch
2) the skater kids: eyup, my school had skaters and they were cool at least to me, hung out with them some
3) The Jerks: basically rule breaking hoodlums who I kept away from cause they were bad people to be around and prob didn't get far in life...
4) Achievers: basically those who actually accomplished extra stuff like extracurricular activities and such
5) everyone else

though I was mostly just there most of my school life so i'm not a good source of info :V
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 25th November 2015, 11:16 pm

I don't really know. At my high school, I just hung out with the person I was in a relationship with and purposely tried to not pay too much attention to all the cliques that formed. I went to a small high school, though. There were a little over 400 who went to mine. I did appreciate how the girls tended to be less sexist than the guys, at least in my experience.
Princess
Princess

Myers-Briggs Type : INTJ-A

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 19th March 2016, 11:23 pm

So last week's adventure time episode really lit something in me with a quote and now I really want to write something with the theme being "Love is the secret of ordinary people"

Might actually be enough to end my writer's block xD
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 4th October 2016, 9:47 pm

Alright, I have too many ideas buzzing around in my head and want to actually focus on one but I love them all too much so..... halp?

Ideas:

1) A Wish For You(puella magi madoka magica fanfic): Sophie was a regular girl until one day she met a group of heroes: Marie, a magical girl able to summon blades, Judas, a young man able to see the weak spot in anything, and their trusty companion, Kyubey. They offer to let her join their ranks if she signs a contract...

2) A Tree of Life(Etrian Odyssey 4 fic): Lux has come to Tharsis seeking wealth and fame. To achieve them, he will take on the Outland Count's challenge and find a path to Ygdrassil, a task which is impossible alone...but will he be able to stand his guildmates long enough to reach the goal?

3) Crystal Dreams(Final Fantasy Explorers fic): Nathan, a novice explorer, takes on the most dangerous challenge of his life. Seeking out crystals in Amostra. But after a bumpy landing, he starts to have second doubts. Will he live long enough to see the crystals? Or will he die at the hands of the many dangers?

4) Dichotomy(novelization of the events in Dichotomy): A world of machines and magic is full of wonders both grand and small. There are many lives and stories, all leading in different directions. (Honestly I only vaguely know what's been going on with other people's story lines thus far so I'd have to read the threads as I go xD)

Those are summaries, but which should I work on :O

Also, I plan to use one for NaNoWriMo this year (and finally win again!) so I need to decide soon Dx

Vote here :D
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Meyneth 4th October 2016, 10:53 pm

I could only vote for one so I went with Crystal Dreams, But it and Tree of Life sound cool!
Meyneth
Meyneth

: Let's Be Heroes!

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 4th October 2016, 10:59 pm

had trouble making those two sound different in their summary without spoiling things since the general premise is similar xD
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th October 2016, 5:51 pm

*breaks the tie*

...Honestly, now I feel like I'm pressuring you to do something now...and I wasn't even sure about what would be best, so I picked randomly kind of.... Annoyed

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 9th October 2016, 12:18 am

After much thought I decided I don't wanna do the Dichotomy novelization thing as my NaNo project so....

I narrowed it down to use two I really like :D

vote it up!
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 9th October 2016, 9:05 am

I had to coinflip it :V
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 10th October 2016, 9:48 pm

Looks like Tree of Life it is :O
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 26th November 2016, 10:49 pm

Due to a post bunnies made, I just wanted to say that a story I've been planning has heavy time shenanigans which is why I've been planning it for years (timelines are super important) Hopefully I can have it ready before you return from your mission xD
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next