Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! I've got writer's block and I can't get out!

+8
returnofmastercrazyhand
Burnin' Bunnies
Kaede Akamatsu
Nopon
Truthseeker4449
Cap'n Jack
Lief Katano
Caprizant
12 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Help! I've got writer's block and I can't get out! - Page 5 Empty Re: Help! I've got writer's block and I can't get out!

Post by Nopon 7th November 2014, 10:08 am

I've decided that I will attempt to self publish the emote story I'm working on for NaNo right now and see if I can maybe sell it. I'll then slowly post the chapters on wattpad to see if maybe I can get an audience and convince more people to throw money towards me

what this means is that I won't be posting it here for all the internet to read. Instead what I'll do is post here when I finish a chapter and then if anyone wants to read it they post in the thread and then I pm it to you. I really hope this works as it would be really cool to actually be a published author -an item on my bucket list-
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Help! I've got writer's block and I can't get out! - Page 5 Empty Re: Help! I've got writer's block and I can't get out!

Post by Guest 7th November 2014, 11:03 am

Go for it Lux! We believe in you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 7th November 2014, 12:18 pm

*breaks out the pom-poms*
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 26th August 2015, 4:42 pm

Freaking writer's block for my first English 'paper' though it's a 'formal introduction letter'. That doesn't make it any better :I
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 29th August 2015, 12:06 am

Ugh! I've had writer's block since I graduated high school in May! I get new ideas for things I want to put to words almost every day, but putting down those first few sentences and building momentum from there has proven nearly impossible for me all summer. Help!
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Myers-Briggs Type : Someti

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 31st August 2015, 4:52 pm

I know how you feel :U

Every time I think 'just go wright it!' I immediently think 'eh, I can do it after this funny video'

I've been thinking about trying to get my self to do writing prompts or something of the sort, but I haven't quite gotten there yet.
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 9th September 2015, 8:52 am

Wooh first actual paper... 3 to 4 pages, 600-800 words. It's a personal essay, basically what has made you what you are today.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 9th September 2015, 9:08 am

I think I've got something! I can't come up with a good hook right now though... But I suppose a rough draft doesn't need a good hook.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack 11th September 2015, 12:00 am

Coming from an English nerd, 800 words of talking about myself would be the easiest thing in the world. What's best to do in this kind of project is to just write the first things that pop into your head and then let it sit for a while. Do something else while you get the essay out of your mind (this is why you see so many jokes about lazy writers who sit around not doing anything saying "it's part of the process" :P). Then when you feel like revisiting it, do that, and by then you should be able to second-guess the weaker things you wrote and make the most out of them. I hope this helps, I'm pretty tired right now. #thestruggle
Cap'n Jack
Cap'n Jack

Myers-Briggs Type : Someti

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 18th September 2015, 1:46 pm

So I've been assigned a paper on pop sub-culture. I have no idea what to pick...
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 18th September 2015, 2:05 pm

Nascar :D
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 18th September 2015, 2:18 pm

So now I have to figure out NASCAR's effect on the American people.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 18th September 2015, 2:51 pm

Ask Joey, I always felt he represented America best out of all of us :V
Nopon
Nopon

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 18th September 2015, 3:20 pm

I'd guess that it has really helped with car safety?
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: Holy crap. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18th September 2015, 3:49 pm

Spiky Nopon wrote:Ask Joey, I always felt he represented America best out of all of us :V

Thank you. I am an American after all...

Spoiler:

...But aren't most of us here American as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next