Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v5]

+15
Lief Katano
returnofmastercrazyhand
Sword Master
Mathematical Enigma
Kaede Akamatsu
RedCydranth
Princess
Gravitas
Katuna Makata
Meyneth
Cap'n Jack
Chibster
Critical Sass
Caprizant
TheCapsFan
19 posters

Page 8 of 67 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Go down

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v5] - Page 8 Empty Re: I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v5]

Post by Guest 29th August 2015, 10:06 pm

Mine has holes in it, but I still use it because my other sheet never stays on my bed...

Back to top Go down

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v5] - Page 8 Empty Re: I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v5]

Post by Nopon 29th August 2015, 11:00 pm

Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 30th August 2015, 9:17 am

Truthseeker4449 wrote:So my primary bed sheet has nearly been worn though and is starting to tear apart.....
I found that I can still sleep on the other side of it and why it's started to fail. I turn a lot without doing much tossing.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 31st August 2015, 4:53 pm

It's not a good day when you miss your stop...
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 1st September 2015, 7:23 pm

So. Back in July I read The Road by Cormac McCarthy for school. Worst book I've ever read; the plot is stagnant and repetitive, there's no character development, the dialogue is boring. The whole thing is just an excuse to make the most pretentious and trite metaphors possible, using the most dead and colorless descriptions possible, and framed as an attempt at beauty through the journey of a father and son who go nowhere, discover nothing, find no hope, and teach me zero about humanity. Meanwhile, all the critical acclaim seems to point to it being the most heart-wrenching and thought-provoking book of the last decade. It's like The Emperor's New Clothes told through literary criticism.

I read through it early in July to get it over with quickly and keep on track. Problem is, I didn't actually have the assignment, because I wasn't sure if I would really be taking AP English this year. (Honors and AP both had to read it, but only AP actually has the assignment. This is in case someone from Honors switches up to AP, so they know the story since a significant part of the beginning few weeks is based around it.)

Turns out the assignment was to read and annotate the entire book.

I didn't annotate it. Anger

So now I have to read my least favorite book ever again, except this time slower while writing analysis in the margins. Oh yeah, and I have a week.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 2nd September 2015, 11:44 am

chaos mafia, just chaos mafia.
I have a million reasons wrong with it, up to and including I can't become a sub for it.
I know I was being a bad sport, but that was in response to others pushing me over the edge.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 3rd September 2015, 10:53 am

I have misplaced my flash drives and my iPod shuffle.... And it's possible I left them down at the college...
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 3rd September 2015, 3:45 pm

My new headlights don't fit... The slots they go into are too small, but it would be possible to get in there and grind it out so it works. That's something I don't have time for though...
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 4th September 2015, 8:20 am

I overslept and missed half of my English class Niagara Falls
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibster 5th September 2015, 11:27 am

I want a new driving teacher. >:(
Chibster
Chibster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 5th September 2015, 11:31 am

What's the problem with the one you currently have?
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibster 5th September 2015, 11:40 am

She's not patient enough and she doesn't explain things clearly! She tells me the same pointless things over and over and I just feel so uncomfortable... I currently lost my motivation. :/
Chibster
Chibster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCapsFan 5th September 2015, 11:57 am

I mean, that's all driving is really. You make the same mistakes over and over again, and someone has to tell you every single time. It will come with practice. What you should do is you should say out loud every mistake you do so that your brain processes it. Doing that will also show your instructor that you are recognizing your mistakes.
TheCapsFan
TheCapsFan

: Writing The Future

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibster 5th September 2015, 12:30 pm

That's true, but like I said she's not patient. She literally told me "there's no time for mistakes, you should learn things quickly" and I always tell her when I don't understand something and she never really goes over what I did wrong. She even compares her "better" students with me. No biggie, I'll just go somewhere else.
Chibster
Chibster

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 5th September 2015, 1:06 pm

What have been some of your mistakes?

I can't quite recall all of my mistakes, but I know they were mostly related to shifting gears and clutch release. I did cut a few corners during parking lot practice before learning how not to. Lane position also took a little practice. Worse mistake was misjudging my distance to a light that just turned and I ended entering the intersection as it turned red. Thankfully I didn't hit anybody though.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 67 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 37 ... 67  Next