Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*insert creative title here*

Go down

*insert creative title here* Empty *insert creative title here*

So... Even though my truck is fixed now, I won't be driving it much in the next couple days. Instead my parents have decided to have me take my driver's license test in my dad's 2014 Ford Focus (2.0L Four Cylinder, Automatic) based upon recommendations from my mom's parents.

I'm a little disappointed to hear this decision, but I understand it. I did realize today that I am quite harsh on the throttle upon take-off despite my practice of rather slow clutch release on take-off. I attribute much of this to the short throttle movement on this truck and the engine's strength (or lack thereof). And I did learn today that stalling in the middle of the test is pretty much an automatic failure. I can't afford to fail this test as I have to wait two days before I can take it again, and pay a fee as well.

The Focus both offers greater control and ease of operation due to it being an automatic and with nice amount of throttle travel to play with. It's also a lot easier to park due to the much shorter wheelbase. Just don't let go of the steering wheel in this vehicle during a turn, it will snap back to center as I have found out the hard way.

As for the test, I'm not really concerned about it, at least for the moment. I've looked over what's required and it's nothing special. Basically it's can you keep a car on the road without looking like an idiot and park without looking like a jackass to everyone else. The dreaded Parallel Park is not required in Virginia, but I did attempt one today. My dad was being very particular about how I positioned his car and eventually I gave up because I honestly no clue how to get it where he wanted it. Aside from that I was pretty much there and was inline with the rest of the vehicles on the street though apparently my back end was half a foot from the curb. I guess that means that I turned too soon.

My one concern with the test is not being able to pull into a parking space properly, the one thing I have hardly received any training on.

Once I get my license though, I plan to drive my truck quite a bit. I'm also thinking of recording some of my drives with my 3DS, though more than likely I'll be silent most of the time.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

*insert creative title here* :: Comments

Nopon

Post 17th August 2015, 12:04 am by Nopon

I'm sure you'll do fine! Why not go to a shopping area and just practice parking into different spots?

Back to top Go down

Truthseeker4449

Post 17th August 2015, 8:48 am by Truthseeker4449

That's basically the plan, perhaps going back to the high school for a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post 17th August 2015, 3:24 pm by Guest

*just looked something up*

...Shit... Parallel parking is required here in Oklahoma...

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down