What game(s) are you playing?

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What game(s) are you playing?

Post by Awoopon on 9th March 2017, 1:02 am

Aw yeees that means you're at the point things pick up!

Also finished Miracle Mask, now just have the Layton Challenges to do
Awoopon

: Deja vu?

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant on 11th March 2017, 12:35 am

I bought and started playing Pikmin 3 today! I've been wanting it ever since it came out, but at first I wanted a physical copy and couldn't find one, and when I finally settled on digital I was away from my Wii U for a long time. :U

It's really fun so far! I just [spoiltext]reunited Alph and Brittany after they were separated landing in the Distant Tundra[/spoiltext]. Day 6 is my next in-game day.

I'm using the GamePad with touch controls right now, because it's the only way to fully control the cursor without being able to find a nunchuk. :B

There was a bit of a learning curve with the controls, especially since I just finished a game of Pikmin 2, and this game's controls are a lot different from that. Besides that, though, the game is really great so far, and absolutely gorgeous!
Caprizant
Admin

: Shape Shift With Me :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant on 12th March 2017, 12:29 am

I [spoiltext]rescued Charlie[/spoiltext] in Pikmin 3 today! The [spoiltext]Vehemoth Phosbat[/spoiltext] fight was pretty tough, I had trouble doing it in under a day. Mostly because of [spoiltext]all the bridge pieces scattered around in the dark[/spoiltext].
Caprizant
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Awoopon on 12th March 2017, 12:33 am

Cleared all of Popstar in Return to Dreamland

Music is amazing and bosses lots of fun, favorite ability would probably be ninja, so satisfying to use
Awoopon

: Deja vu?

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant on 15th March 2017, 12:50 am

I'm very close to finishing Pikmin 3! Today I beat both the [spoiltext]Scornet Maestro[/spoiltext] and the [spoiltext]Quaggled Mireclops[/spoiltext], and discovered the [spoiltext]Formidable Oak[/spoiltext]. I also got all of the fruit in both the Garden of Hope and the Tropical Wilds.

All I have left is 7 fruits in the Distant Tundra, 2 fruits in the Twilight River, and then the final area!
Caprizant
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meyneth on 15th March 2017, 11:29 am

Spoilers because spoilertext doesn't like me.:

Ah man I hated the Quaggled Mireclops] How did you beat it?
Meyneth

: The calm before the storm

Myers-Briggs Type : ENFP-T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant on 15th March 2017, 1:24 pm

Spoiler:
I used 30 Rock Pikmin to attack its feet until it fell, then busted the crystal open, and for the rest of the fight I used 70 Winged Pikmin to lock onto its bulb and charge. :V
Caprizant
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant on 16th March 2017, 10:43 pm

Finally finished Pikmin 3! It took me 15 hours and 39 minutes and I had 87 deaths with 915 Pikmin remaining at the end.

final area talk:
It took me 2 in-game days to get through the Formidable Oak cavern itself and 1 day to take down the Plasm Wraith. I finished the game on Day 38.

It was really freaking hard to get the Plasm Wraith fight down to a single day. I kept getting it down to a sliver of health and then getting the ten second countdown.

I started trying the fight around 2PM but didn't have any luck, so I took a few hours break and got it in one try this time! I used 10 Winged Pikmin to get Olimar to the arena, then quickly exchanged them for 100 Rocks at the start of the battle. I also tossed Alph and Charlie into base to keep them from distracting me, since it's not really useful to have 3 captains in the battle. :V

It took me awhile to get the pattern down so that I could finish the fight in a day. The strategy that won me the fight was to charge all my Rock Pikmin on it when it's doing that stabbing attack, then I called them off as it started the elemental attacks and waited for the Rock cube to spawn.

Using this strategy, I was able to beat the Plasm Wraith with a quarter of the day left and only one death. Towards the start of the fight, a Rock Pikmin got caught in the Water cube attack, and even though I whistled around the entire arena, it didn't reach that Pikmin somehow.

I had a ton of fun with the game and I'm really glad I decided to buy it for spring break! I feel like there's a ton of replayability to it too, given that you can strategize your days differently and certain scenes are different depending on what captain is active.
Caprizant
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece on 15th April 2017, 2:49 pm

Just finished my second play through of Mother 3 and I'm butt hurt that I forgot to see the beanling in chapter 1 so I don't get my silver star.

I also got really lucky on getting the 3% equipment to drop so I can't really complain.

It was also fun to have it on a cartridge instead of flat out emulating it.
Greece

: For Eel? :

Alignment : Lawful Neutral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Back to top