Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v4]

+7
TheCapsFan
Lief Katano
Nopon
returnofmastercrazyhand
Caprizant
Meyneth
Kaede Akamatsu
11 posters

Page 34 of 67 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v4] - Page 34 Empty Re: I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v4]

Post by Princess 16th May 2015, 7:50 pm

Whoever invented butterscotch lollipops can go cry in a deep, dark hole. They taste TERRIBLE and leaving a burning sensation in my mouth.

Last edited by Princess of Lumas on 17th May 2015, 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Princess
Princess

Myers-Briggs Type : INTJ-A
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v4] - Page 34 Empty Re: I've got a problem I need to bitch about [v4]

Post by Guest 16th May 2015, 9:13 pm

I've had one before and it does leave a burning sensation behind.... Not a fan of butterscotch in the first place anyway, but that's interesting to hear that I'm not the only one that's happened to.

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 18th May 2015, 10:27 am

entertainment weekly made a joke about the nintendo universal announcement. D:
although it was actually pretty funny.
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 18th May 2015, 4:22 pm

Mushrooms. Not the fun, magical kind. The ones you are supposed to eat.
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 19th May 2015, 11:45 am

Duel Enrollment is causing more pain than I ever thought.... I talked with the admission staff at my college and they told me they can'd do a thing about it and to go talk to the people at my technical school. I think I may have to wait another month before I'll be able to enroll....
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 19th May 2015, 4:49 pm

I don't understand why my teacher says that if you're a senior and have an A in the class, you don't have to take the final when our final in her class is a project and having an A just means you present it earlier. Basically, if you had an F, you'd be doing the same final as a senior and I would be fine with it if she didn't try to paint this situation as something it isn't...if this is her way of trying to motivate seniors to have an A, she's failing.
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 19th May 2015, 5:06 pm

She's probably required to say you don't have to "take" the Final if you meet requirements. Over here, most seniors are eligible for finals exemption (ours sounds more lax than yours). Of the several catches that go along with policy is that the teacher has the final say on if you take the exam or not.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 19th May 2015, 5:10 pm

Right, but I'd rather have her say we are all taking the "final", A or not, because psychologically I don't feel lied to and as irritated.
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 19th May 2015, 5:56 pm

What class is btw?
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 19th May 2015, 6:02 pm

English. We have to write a speech and present it to the class. The assignment in itself isn't annoying but it being my final is.
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 19th May 2015, 6:47 pm

Nothing like feeling like a fat sack of worthless crap after constantly fucking up!
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 20th May 2015, 12:24 am

You don't constantly fuck up. 

That's impossible. I'm too lazy right now to go into the logic why but trust me on this one.
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 22nd May 2015, 5:50 pm

So I made a rather big mistake today... I was replacing an injector on a Safari van was in the process of putting the intake back together. Now most of the stuff on an engine is required to be tightened to a certain specification. For the bolts I was dealing with, this spec is a first pass of 44 inch pounds and then a second pass of 80 inch pounds to avoid warping the plastic manifold.

I grabbed the 3/8ths drive torque wrench and set it to 44. What I neglected to check what the unit of measurement was. The result was that I was torquing to 44 foot pounds, 12 times the force required. For comparison most cars have a lug nut torque of 80-120 foot pounds.

One of the bolts I was torquing broke before I reached 44 foot pounds. Now luckily this was only second bolt I was torquing and the first I was actually going up to spec with. Yes I have bolts I can go get to replace the one I broke, but the one I broke is still in the lower half of the manifold (it has an upper and lower piece, the upper is plastic, the lower is aluminum). Unfortunately I didn't have time left in the school day to fix this mistake.

Hopefully it snapped off above the surface of the lower manifold or it'll be a huge pain to get out... If it snapped off above then I can just use a pair of pliers to spin the rest of the bolt out. Unless it snapped twice as I did hear a noise before the bolt itself actually gave...
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 22nd May 2015, 10:41 pm

Not being able to get a decent amount of sleep because it's your fault. 

It makes me feel pathetic that I am depriving my body of a function it needs...
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 22nd May 2015, 10:47 pm

I'm robbing you of sleep?
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 67 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next