Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The All-Mighty Triforce and Shenanigans

+7
Meyneth
Princess
Caprizant
Truthseeker4449
returnofmastercrazyhand
TheCapsFan
Lief Katano
11 posters

Page 35 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down

The All-Mighty Triforce and Shenanigans - Page 35 Empty Re: The All-Mighty Triforce and Shenanigans

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 13th January 2017, 8:56 pm

....one moment. I was just typing up a long answer and accidentally clicked the "home" button and jumped to google. Let me try that again...
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

: Holy crap. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

The All-Mighty Triforce and Shenanigans - Page 35 Empty Re: The All-Mighty Triforce and Shenanigans

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 13th January 2017, 9:18 pm

OKAY TAKE TWO *sighs*
Keep in mind that I am listing games I have either played or seen a large majority of people say are good starters.

A lot of people will say Ocarina of Time or A Link to the Past. These contain the "classic Zelda formula". All other games after these have drawn on these two games the most. Heck, Ocarina drew a lot on A Link to the Past, but since it is the first 3D Zelda and introduced a ton of people into the series because of how it changed the gaming world, it is regarded as the end all of all Zeldas, or something. OoT is on the N64 and 3DS, but is also on the virtual console. I don't recommend playing it on the Wii VC though...that's how I tried playing it and it was horrid. ALttP is on the SNES, I think? Also can be found on the Virtual Console. I've never played it, but I want to.

Skyward Sword, on the other hand, was kind of created to draw in new people. It feels pretty easy to someone like me who knows how Zelda feels, but it can be a fun new experience for those who dont. I have seen it work very well in drawing in new people. A family my family is friends with all started with Skyward Sword and have loved Zelda since. One of my sisters who doesn't play games as often as me or Valk actually beat Skyward Sword before I did. It is immersive and is good for and beginner. Keep in mind, however, that a lot of people have complained about the Motion Controls. I never had an big issue with them, maybe because we have and use the Wii Remote Plus attachment, but it is something to consider. SS is on the Wii.

I will always recommend Twilight Princess. It is how I started, and I feel it does a great job of introducing someone to the "Zelda feel" so often talked about.  Now, the Zelda fan base (or maybe I should say the Ocarina fan boys) really seems to hate Twilight Princess, calling it a copy of Ocarina and blah blah blah. I don't really see their issue, as it is different enough from Ocarina in my opinion to easily consider it a different game, but whatever. I will admit that there are faults with TP, but my main problem with the game is the rather barren Overworld. It doesn't have as many towns/fun secrets to explore as Ocarina or Wind Waker would. TP is on the GameCube, Wii, and Wii U.

Speaking of Wind Waker, I think that would also be a good starter. It's fun, has enjoyable mechanics, and is pretty. It just isn't as memorable to me probably because I haven't finished it yet, and it is more quietly revered than Ocarina, which I also haven't finished. WW is on the GameCube and Wii U.

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were both great games that are never given enough credit. They are direct sequels to Wind Waker, but they can still stand alone. They are on the DS, though, so have a very different feel than the rest of the Zelda games I'd say. They're controlled with the stylus, rather than D-pad. I'm just throwing them out there. Not really great intros into Zelda, but fun nonetheless.
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 13th January 2017, 10:42 pm

Wind Waker was where I started so that's where I'm biased, I don't really want to recommend LttP because I prefer 3D Zelda games to 2D, and I found the final boss a bit rough.

if you plan to play OOT or MM do NOT get it on virtual console. The controls handle horribly and it won't be a good experience. N64, GameCube or 3DS is the way to go (and just for anyone wondering, yes they are on Game Cube OOT through the Master Quest edition with comes with both regular and master quest and on the Zelda collectors edition which has OOT, MM, The Legend of Zelda, and Zelda II)
Greece
Greece

: See A Man About A Dog :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies 13th January 2017, 10:44 pm

(Keeps forgetting about that despite playing Majora's Mask on it) If I hadn't procrastinated so bad on that I totally would have played OoT on it. OTL
Burnin' Bunnies
Burnin' Bunnies

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 13th January 2017, 11:15 pm

Clearly the best starting point is:

Spoiler:
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th January 2017, 11:23 pm

I'll see what I can do. Thanks for all the advice guys! even you nopon Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th January 2017, 7:12 pm

holy crap, botw looks way better on the switch:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th March 2017, 11:06 pm

I beat Breath of the Wild today.  

I wasn't sure about it going in--it looked fucking awesome, but at the same time, Zelda games never really appealed to me.  

While it started off slow for me--I spent most of Switch launch day playing Shovel Knight 'cause the beginning was boring--it quickly became crazy addictive and I just.  Couldn't.  Put.  It.  Down.  Easily one of the best games I've ever played.  

And now I have a massive crush on Prince Sidon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd March 2017, 2:22 pm

Okay, either I'm dumb and never saw it, or there was no Sheikah Stone in Kokiri Forest in the original OoT to help people like me who had no clue where to find a sword. After trying this game at least a half a dozen times on emulation and failing to find a sword every time, I almost immediately found the sword in the 3D version just now. Facepalm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 23rd March 2017, 5:52 pm

The Sheikah Stone is 100% new to OoT3D, made to help people with no idea what to do have an idea on what to do.

There are smaller ones that were in the original, which you had to use a certain mask to talk to, but they were...decidedly less useful.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 23rd March 2017, 7:30 pm

but you can making them blast off

that's 100% useful what are you talking about
Greece
Greece

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd March 2017, 9:09 pm

Loving OoT so far, just saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 24th April 2018, 10:08 pm

I finally finished Breath of the Wild! Dunspach is Glory!

spoilers, obviously:
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Greece 24th April 2018, 11:33 pm

We have a lot of the same complaints.

I kind of wish they did a bit more with lore and story in the game because I have a bunch of questions about how "Calamity Ganon" works.
Greece
Greece

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 25th April 2018, 12:46 am

Yeah, that was really underwhelming. I mean, he [spoiltext]doesn't have any dialogue. He's hardly even a character. And what does "giving up reincarnation" mean and entail??[/spoiltext]
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next