Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Play: Pokémon Crystal! (Enhanced!)

5 posters

Go down

Starter Pokémon?

Let's Play: Pokémon Crystal! (Enhanced!) Empty67%Let's Play: Pokémon Crystal! (Enhanced!) Empty 67% 
[ 4 ]
Let's Play: Pokémon Crystal! (Enhanced!) Empty17%Let's Play: Pokémon Crystal! (Enhanced!) Empty 17% 
[ 1 ]
Let's Play: Pokémon Crystal! (Enhanced!) Empty16%Let's Play: Pokémon Crystal! (Enhanced!) Empty 16% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Let's Play: Pokémon Crystal! (Enhanced!) Empty Let's Play: Pokémon Crystal! (Enhanced!)

Post by Lief Katano 4th April 2014, 9:29 pm

Let's Play: Pokémon Crystal! (Enhanced!) Pokemo10
(wittier title to come eventually)

Pokémon Red and Green were huge hits in Japan, so a sequel was inevitable. This came in the form of Pokémon Blue, an enhanced version of the first two games which fixed most of its quirks. Then came Pokémon Yellow, bringing in elements from the anime, including having the shockingly-adorable Pikachu be by your side.

Eventually, however, Game Freak decided that it was time to venture beyond Kanto. The new Johto region was introduced, bringing in 100 new pocket monsters for trainers to catch, including ones originally planned to be in Red and Green but had to be scrapped. (Incidentally, this is why Missingno. pops up.) These, along with some other changes (such as day and night features, and alternate colored Pokémon - aka Shiny Pokémon or, if you're a fan of the TCG, Pokémon Let's Play: Pokémon Crystal! (Enhanced!) 24px-Pok%C3%A9mon_Star) formed the newest Pokémon games - Gold and Silver, with the legendary phoenix Pokémon Ho-Oh and the other legendary sea dragon thing Pokémon Lugia brandished proudly on the cover.

However, in the eyes of Game Freak, at least, Pokémon Gold and Silver could still be improved on. The Pokémon Suicune, previously as important to the plot as that Abra you just caught, was chosen to be the representative of this new game. New features were introduced, such as the ability to play as a girl, animations, and the series' first Battle Tower. Perhaps most importantly, though, is the addition of a plot line involving the legendary Pokémon Suicune. 

Which brings us to here. Pokémon Crystal, as with all Pokémon games, had unobtainable Pokémon. These were normally obtained through trade. But with the advent of the emulator, which didn't have a battery-powered save, trades were unusable. So how to get the other Pokémon? Enter this mod. All 251 Pokémon at the time are available in this one Game Pak...well, it's not a Game Pak, per say, but you know what I mean. Thus begins the journey of a...uh...hm.
Pokémon CRYSTAL VERSION
(The default names will be Chris (player) and Til (rival) for this game as a guy, but feel free to make any name suggestions. Also, if we get a Chikorita, I will soft reset until I get a chick.)
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Let's Play: Pokémon Crystal! (Enhanced!) Empty Re: Let's Play: Pokémon Crystal! (Enhanced!)

Post by Caprizant 4th April 2014, 9:46 pm

Personally, I always name my rival Kris. He just seems like a Kris to me. Not sure what to name the PC (other than Lief).

Also, having a Chikorita would be rad, it doesn't get enough love. :B
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Let's Play: Pokémon Crystal! (Enhanced!) Empty Re: Let's Play: Pokémon Crystal! (Enhanced!)

Post by Guest 4th April 2014, 10:17 pm

Yay! Johto! Squealing

I usually pick either Totodile or Cyndaquil, but I'll go with Chikorita since, like Cap said, it doesn't get enough love. :B

Just for laughs, name the rival ??? Dreaming

Edit: Oh, nearly forgot, since it's possible to catch 'em all, will you be attempting this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 4th April 2014, 10:24 pm

Caprizant wrote:Personally, I always name my rival Kris. He just seems like a Kris to me. Not sure what to name the PC (other than Lief).
B-but pun!
Also, having a Chikorita would be rad, it doesn't get enough love. :B
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimaybeitdependsbutit'llstillbeachick
jokool wrote:Yay! Johto! Squealing

I usually pick either Totodile or Cyndaquil, but I'll go with Chikorita since, like Cap said, it doesn't get enough love. :B
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine
Just for laughs, name the rival ??? Dreaming
No.

I mean, come on, think of the player character and/or everyone who says his name. They're going to have to keep on saying "questionmarkquestionmarkquestionmark"! Not to mention that would mean Giovanni would name his son "questionmarkquestionmarkquestionmark". Given that Giovanni's not that much of a dick (also it's his son, so he'd have to say that every time he wanted to get his attention for whatever).
Edit: Oh, nearly forgot, since it's possible to catch 'em all, will you be attempting this?
If "catch 'em all" means "get every Pokémon catchable in the wild", then yes.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 5th April 2014, 9:01 am

totadile, and when's your next pkmn green update coming?
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 5th April 2014, 12:38 pm

It's currently in existence.

/vague but true statement
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaede Akamatsu 5th April 2014, 4:28 pm

Call them Hans and Kristof.

*random Frozen reference ahoy*
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu

: Piano Freak :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 5th April 2014, 5:22 pm

I don't get it.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 5th April 2014, 6:42 pm

*contributes my two cents via the poll*
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand 6th March 2015, 9:58 pm

lief, you need to archive this, and FFI, the green translation, and both versions of persona 2
returnofmastercrazyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 6th March 2015, 10:00 pm

He can't archive anything really, just request that it's archived.

*wasn't aware he had that many going on currently*
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 6th March 2015, 10:05 pm

Just delete this one and Persona 2, because those were stupid. Archive the Green LP, because that was decent and I may want to go back to it; same with the FFI LP.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 6th March 2015, 10:09 pm

Sorry Lief, we won't delete anything. We'll just paint it the same color as the wall and forget about it for another year.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 6th March 2015, 10:10 pm

This is madness! CURSE YOU!!!
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 6th March 2015, 10:11 pm

No, this is Patrick.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down