the multiversal calamity

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the multiversal calamity

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand on 25th February 2014, 2:00 pm

Another collaboration between me and lux, this time with various Nintendo franchises saving our world.
(Said franchises are Super Mario Bros,Legend of Zelda, Kirby, and Pokémon)
We also switch off chapters with a loose plot to see where this goes...
Finally, it's a combination of a omniscient narrative, meaning there are multiple first person narrators at different points in the story, and and a third person narrative.
start of story:

Prologue:
The Council of Multiversal Evils
Third person narrative
One day, on the dawn of October 23rd 2021, a council of time lords who have the ability to combine different universes were talking about their ultimate goal. “We are almost there” says the second-in command. “Thanks caption obvious” says the lowest ranked member. “SILENCE! While we are almost ready to take over the real universe, must you forget that there are four other universes that WILL stand in our way if we don’t stop them from doing so?” the leader asks.  “Good idea sir.”  Said another member. “OF COURSE IT’S A GOOD IDEA! Now let’s get busy combining…
Chapter 1:
Red’s Visit Home
Red’s point of view
Hello, dear reader, I am Red, a 28 year old trainer from Pallet Town, Kanto, I was traveling the pokeworld’s vast regions to become a Pokémon master and fill out my pokedex. Along the way I met many other people, some good, some bad, and some just like me. One time my brother Ethan beat me at a climatic clash on Mount Silver after beating my old rival, Blue. Since then I have married my best friend, Green, and become sort of a god comparable to Arceus himself around the world.  But truth be told, I am just your everyday Pokémon trainer, sure both me and my brother have single-handedly taken down Team Rocket with help from our Pokémon, but I don’t know what would’ve happened to the world if I didn’t have my party.
Anyway… I am coming home to pallet town after 17 long years of traveling, and my brother, wife, and rival are with me. Eagerly waiting to see our hometown of pallet town, we boarded the SS. Anne, and set off for Vermilion City. When we got there, we saw a small spiked ball with eyes pass by us. “What Pokémon is that?” said blue, curious. Ethan replied with “I think that isn’t a normal Pokémon, but the new mascot of Silph Co.” I replied with “you mean the came up with another Pokémon to replace porygon as their mascot?” Ethan answered with “yep.” Then green added on with “I heard that too, but there are rumors going around that Silph Co found that creature from another dimension and just use it as their new mascot for now, but I disagree.”
We all used fly to get home faster upon leaving vermillion city. We were greeted by our moms and Professor Oak, who began to lecture us on some current event going on in Kanto. By the time he was done, I found a weird looking shield with what looked like a bird Pokémon surrounding three golden triangles to form a different triangle…
Then, disaster struck...
Okay Lux, your turn.

I need a life.
theme song
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the multiversal calamity

Post by Orcapon on 26th February 2014, 1:48 pm

Spoiler:

Chapter 2: Fire
Luigi

"D-don't go! W-what are you doing!"

The voice echoed in my head over and over as I fell towards the floor. Why hadn't I listened, why hadn't I left it all up to my brother...

I looked at the burning town around me, so many mushroom people were running around frightened, and the koopas were beginning to march into the town. I slowly stood up, gripping my side with a grunt as another flash in the sky signaled our demise. I shut my eyes as I jumped out of the way, narrowly avoiding the cannonball, though the blast threw me into a wall. I looked up into the sky when I heard the all too familiar whirring of propellers. The flying ship was up in the air, floating there menacingly. We had taken it down countless times before, but this time we were unable to even reach it.

I closed my eyes as I tried to catch my breathe. It had happened so fast. We had caught word that Bowser, the Koopa King, was on the move, heading towards the castle. We thought we'd cut him off and take him out before he could reach the princess but we were caught off guard. There had been a rain of fire followed by energy blasts covering the town. There had been too many to avoid, and next thing we knew we had been separated. That was when what I assume were new breeds of koopas appeared, though these lacked their shells and carried blades. I had fought back with all my might, but I was unarmed, and forced to retreat. That didn't matter though, as no matter where I ran the cannon still seemed to notice me.

I heard a powerful roar and immediately opened my eyes, looking towards the ship where the mighty Bowser stood, red hair blowing in the wind and the smoke in the air making the large tortoise like being seem more menacing. What caught my attention was what was in his hand, a person garbed in red, my brother, Mario. He was tied up and didn't seem to be struggling, or even breathing. I fell to my knees as I stared at the ship. This was it, we had lost, hope was dead.

I heard the call of the strange lizards and quickly got up and began to run. I ran as fast as I could, I didn't care where I was going, I just wanted to get away from here as fast as I could. The cries of the people around me drove me insane. I covered my ears as tears began to stream down my eyes. We had failed our kingdom, there was no doubt about that, I just hoped that my brother would forgive my cowardice as I continued to run, unsure for just how long...

Last edited by Lux on 26th February 2014, 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Orcapon

: Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by returnofmastercrazyhand on 26th February 2014, 2:45 pm

nice job!!!!
although you have to remember the point of view in the chapter title, and stuff.
Spoiler:

chapter 3:
Magolor's Return to Evil
kirby
I opened my eyes, hungry for first breakfast, as usual. I immediately lunged towards my pantry, looking for my favorite cereal, marshmallow luck-bringers. As soon as I gobbled the whole box down in a second, I heard a knock on my door, there I saw all three of my friends/rivals staring at me. Meta Knight, was the first to tell me what's going on as per his normal vigilante demeanor. Apparently one of our most important allies in recent years, Magolor, had returned to being evil. King Dedede explained that despite his theme park he built for us in 2012, and his tips on various adventures, he still could not get over his loss of the master crown in late 2011 and his brother's death after flying into the galactic nova and later being split in half at the hands of my hammer ability.

At First I decided he was after some random object with great power so he can rule all of dreamland like all my other old enemies, but when we got there, I turned out to be half right.
Along the way I found a flower with eyes and red/orange rings around it. it crossed my mind it was edible, so I ate it, but instead of just eating it, I gained my fire copy ability! "What a strange flower, but at least it will help us to have a copy ability" bandanna waddle dee said.

When we got there we saw the dimension mirror, an object similar to the lor starcutter ship that can transport people between dimensions. "why do need the dimension mirror if you have the starcutter?" I asked magolor. The mage replied with "because there are dimensions MUCH larger dimensions out there, bigger than patch-land, the mirror dimension, halcandia, floarald, and dreamland combined! most of which can only be discovered by connecting two dimension-crossing devices together. Now I must bring YOU into one of them..." he then  tried to suck me into the mirror, and it surprisingly didn't affect anyone else. "KIRBY!!!!!!!" yelled the king, as he realized he was going to lose his main rival, and therefore making his greedy ambitions not as fun to execute anymore. Meta Knight then took flight and hung onto me to keep me here, but ended up getting sucked into some unknown dimension with me.

I didn't know what was going to happen next, but I did know that this adventure might actually be my last...

I need a life.
theme song
returnofmastercrazyhand

: ...

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orcapon on 28th February 2014, 2:59 pm

Spoiler:
Chapter 3: Twilight
Link

I felt the soft rain as I stood atop the large tower, over looking the desert. I neared the edge and looked down at the mass of moblins below. Disgusting creatures, they would follow anyone who would lead them. They were fighting the knights down below, our last defense. I felt my sheath once more, it felt so light without a blade in it.

"We're almost done."

I turned towards the voice, belonging to Zelda, the princess of the land we called home. There were large ghostly white figures floating around the pedastal. I tried not to look at their faces, they gave me chills. I instead focused on my blade which lay where a mirror once stood. There were small sparkles floating around it, with the air around it behaving strangely.

"I still say I should be down there fighting."

"You'd get yourself killed. besides without the Mastersword or your Triforce you'd get yourself killed."

I grit my teeth, before sighing. What she had said was true. It had been a few days ago when it began, not with a bang, but a soft glow. I had been awoken at night, a triangle glowing on my hand. That was nothing new for me, but what shocked me was how it then faded away completely. Normally when it glowed it was to warn me of danger, but needless to say, I was confused when nothing happened. It was not until days later that Zelda infromed me that her Triforce was also gone.

We began to notice more moblin attacks, and assumed Ganondorf's followers were up to something. I made my way to the Sacred Grotto to awaken the Mastersword, only to find an empty pedestal. Each day the attacks increased, and I fought alongside the knights, though the situation seemed hopeless. It was yesterday that the castle fell, and we noticed that the land seemed to be bathed in twilight. That was when we realized where the source of the attacks was, the Twilight Realm.

"It is ready..."

The voices echoed as I grabbed my sword which didn't seem notably different. As I looked it over, Zelda began to explain the plan, "Link, this sword, the Twilight Blade, should be able to cut open a doorway to the Twilight Realm. You're the only one who's been there, so you'll be the only one to notice if something is wrong. Go in, find the problem, and fix it."

"Blunt as always huh?"

Without another word I swung the blade, amazed as a black vortex formed where I slashed. Once it was large enough to walk through, I felt exhaustion fill my body. I could barely move, and limped into the vortex. I was surrounded by darkness in moments as I passed out.

If you're reading these chapters, tell us what you think, what you like, dislike etc. Feed back is how we get better :T
Orcapon

: Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top