Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Play: To The Moon (Part 10—Beta-B)

4 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Let's Play: To The Moon (Part 10—Beta-B) Empty Let's Play: To The Moon (Part 10—Beta-B)

Post by Caprizant 17th January 2014, 11:07 pm

Let's Play: To The Moon (Part 10—Beta-B) O7iR9ux
Welcome to my new LP. Grab a few tissues.

Made in RPG Maker XP and released commercially on November 4th, 2011, To the Moon is an indie adventure game developed by Freebird Games and main designer/composer Kan "Reives" Gao.

Dr. Eva Rosalene and Dr. Neil Watts have rather peculiar jobs:

They give people another chance to live. Literally.

Let's Play: To The Moon (Part 10—Beta-B) TTM6.

There exists a technology that allows doctors to weave artificial memories, such that a patient can request attempts to alter their mind, and wake up with memories of things that didn't actually happen.

However, since these new memories are permanent, the conflict between them and the existing authentic memories clash in such a way that it ceases the person's ability to properly function.

Thus, the operation is only done to people on their deathbeds, to fulfill what they wish they had done with their lives... but didn't.

Let's Play: To The Moon (Part 10—Beta-B) TTM-Ss3

But creating a new memory is not as simple as pressing a button.

The technology requires the doctors to step into the memories of the patient, which are reconstructed as interactive scenes. The doctors then gradually traverse backwards through memories of the patient's life until they reach childhood—at which point, the wish of the patient in present time would be transferred over.

Along with the doctors' influence, the patient (as a child) could then lead an entire different life inside their head, working toward and fulfilling their dying wish themselves.

And if all goes well, they would wake up, having lived the dream life they never had, and embrace a brief moment of blissful fulfillment.

Shortly after, they'd draw their last breath.

Let's Play: To The Moon (Part 10—Beta-B) TTM0

Every once in awhile, there comes a life that is rather peculiar.

This particular story follows Dr. Rosalene and Dr. Watts' attempt to fulfill the dream of the dying elderly man, Johnny. In their mission to do so, they traverse backwards through the man’s memories, unfolding his curious life story before their eyes.

With each step back in time, a new fragment of Johnny's past is revealed. And as the two doctors piece together the puzzled events that spanned a life time, they seek to find out just why the frail old man chose his dying wish to be what it is.

Let's Play: To The Moon (Part 10—Beta-B) TTM1

And Johnny's last wish is, of course... to go to the moon.

I ask any of you who may have heard of or played this game before to please keep any and all spoilers to yourself. If I see something spoilery in your posts, I'll wrap a spoiler tag around it. If it's extra spoilery, I'll likely delete the offending material altogether. This is a game best experienced unspoiled.

On that lighthearted note, here's the opening sequence:

opening sequence:
Music - To the Moon (Main Theme) - NEW

Yeah, that's how I'll be doing music tracks in this LP, as all the tracks are on Bandcamp. By the way, this game has an absolutely, breathtakingly beautiful soundtrack, and half of the proceeds of it go to autism charities, so it's a real nice way to spend your money (along with buying the game itself).

Unfortunately, I can't do animated GIFs or video capturing like I was planning to, because I couldn't find any good, credible, free screen capturing software. (Before you say it, Lief, I couldn't find anything on Atube anywhere, so I decided not to risk it.)

With that over with, I suppose I should go over how to read this LP:

Game text in bold.
My comments in italics.
Let's Play: To The Moon (Part 10—Beta-B) EQycZfj Dialogue in plain text with character sprites next to it.

Simple, right? Good. Now, before we start this LP, I need some help with you guys for a few decisions:

Who should explore first: Rosalene or Watts? (As far as I know, this has no bearing on the rest of the game. Rosalene is the more snarky, smart one, while Watts is the dorky one who's a bit flamboyant.)

Throughout the game, we'll be asked several times if we want to explore further or progress. Exploring further enriches the story, livens up the characters, and gives a few clues as to what exactly's going on. Progressing gets things done faster. Which should we do?

Now, the most important: Push it by hand, or poke it with a stick?

That's pretty much it for now. I will (try to) update this on a regular schedule of some sort. I can't guarantee that it'll be every day, since this is a slightly more complicated game to LP than OFF. But I promise, you will be crying by the time this is through. That is a fact.

Anyway... Signing OFF!  Extreme Smiling
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

: Fresh Start! :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Let's Play: To The Moon (Part 10—Beta-B) Empty Re: Let's Play: To The Moon (Part 10—Beta-B)

Post by Truthseeker4449 17th January 2014, 11:11 pm

How interesting, ,y English class watched a video of a scientist lecturing a group of adults about memory modification.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Let's Play: To The Moon (Part 10—Beta-B) Empty Re: Let's Play: To The Moon (Part 10—Beta-B)

Post by Lief Katano 17th January 2014, 11:12 pm

Poke it with a stick and do the snarky chick.

Dammit, Cap, you're not playing OFF, you don't need to make OFF puns.
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th January 2014, 11:27 pm

Looks incredible, and love the soundtrack so far!

Anyway, I say Rosalene, explore further, and poke with a stick. :P

By the way, about the soundtrack, are you going to be posting both the video and link for each one, or was the video just for the opening?

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 17th January 2014, 11:34 pm

Video was just for the opening. I will always post a video of the cutscene if I can find it on YouTube or Dailymotion, though.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 18th January 2014, 7:52 am

Oh I must have missed the opinion giving part. Um, what jokool said.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 18th January 2014, 7:48 pm

And of course, the day after I say I couldn't find any trustworthy screen recording software, I seem to have found one :I

I want to research it a bit to make sure it's absolutely safe first, though. Everything I've read so far seems to point to it being safe. It seems complicated, though. If I can get this to work then I will use it to make GIFs of scenes I can't exactly get through regular screenshots and videos of important cutscenes.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 18th January 2014, 7:54 pm

What is it?
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 18th January 2014, 8:06 pm

VirtualDub. I've seen nothing bad about it so far, and even some good about it, so I'll try downloading it later and scanning it with AVG.
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18th January 2014, 8:29 pm

If it works well, let me know. I might try it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 19th January 2014, 3:15 am

Well, it seems perfectly safe and trustworthy. Only problem is, it's a little bit confusing...  Annoyed 

I should sleep though. I'll figure it out, uh, today. :I
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Impossibear 19th January 2014, 10:34 am

man indie games are getting so much better nowadays
Impossibear
Impossibear

: Never Running Out Of Gas :

Myers-Briggs Type : Bearish

Back to top Go down

Let's Play: To The Moon (Part 10—Beta-B) Empty Let's Play: To The Moon (Part 1—Between a Squirrel and a Tree)

Post by Caprizant 20th January 2014, 12:41 pm

first update!:
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th January 2014, 2:53 pm

Laughing I honestly didn't think the "poke with a stick" choice was going to be a serious one. Too funny!

But wow! That soundtrack is incredible!

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant 23rd January 2014, 6:36 pm

Quick! Volcanic Jump-Kick, Whirlwind Slap, Armageddon Fist, or shoe? You get no hints as to what the heck any of this means. Just choose! Wisely!
Caprizant
Caprizant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next