The Roost

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Roost

Post by Orcapon on 8th August 2015, 10:26 pm

you only get the crown every few blue moons, crown crown crown!
Orcapon

: Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant on 8th August 2015, 10:36 pm

I waited too long to think about it and now the Able Sisters' store is closed y u so negative?
Caprizant
Admin

: Shape Shift With Me :

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Lawful Good

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jokool on 8th August 2015, 10:43 pm

@Truthseeker4449 wrote:*has no idea really what is happening*
I Agree

“Just like a single bullet setting off a world war, despair has the power to throw this world into chaos!”
jokool
Admin

: True Ultimate Despair :

Alignment : Neutral Good

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant on 11th October 2015, 11:37 am

So! Guess what today is? It's *drumroll*... the two-year anniversary of starting my first town! :D

And I've decided to celebrate it by... restarting yet again :U

This time I went in with extremely wide criteria for what I wanted in my town. I wanted Re-Tail near the dock. That's the one thing I wouldn't budge on. Then I'd consider a good private beach and/or an east coast a deal-making bonus.

I actually ended up going with a west coast this time, like my first ever town. I wanted to avoid it because east coasts feel more ~*~exotic~*~ for some reason, but I decided, to hell with that, west coasts are fine too!

It's got a pretty long private beach, and of course, Re-Tail by the dock, but the thing that really sells me about the town is... IT'S HUGE. As in, massive. Really, really open. The river is extremely straight, running from the east with a waterfall on the west side of town.

The two halves of town are about equal—the top half has a tiny bit more due to a bend in the river. And there's only two ponds, one near Re-Tail and one near the river's source. Town Hall and the Town Tree are on opposite sides of the train station.

I feel like this layout lends itself a lot more to spontaneity, something that was missing from my previous reset layouts. I don't even know where I want to place my house yet, but I'm sure that I'll find a cool spot!

Also, I've got some cool villagers! Starting villagers are Soleil, Kid Cat, Tammi, Flurry, and Al.

I'll post a map later, I don't have much time for it now since I've got a friend coming over at 1. When I find the time later tonight I'll do it, right now I just want to get all setup before he gets here.
Caprizant
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant on 31st October 2015, 10:11 pm

I think I'm about to miss Halloween for the third year in a row, just by virtue of how tired I am. Making Halloween the only major holiday I have yet to experience in this game. ;w;
Caprizant
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orcapon on 13th January 2016, 7:08 pm

Played for a bit after 4 months and I kinda got teary after talking to the villagers and walking around the museum...
Orcapon

: Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant on 23rd January 2016, 11:39 pm

@Caprizant wrote:I'll post a map later, I don't have much time for it now since I've got a friend coming over at 1. When I find the time later tonight I'll do it, right now I just want to get all setup before he gets here.

So, um! Remember this? Uhhh, yeah, this didn't happen. :U

But you know what did happen? I... *drumroll* RESET MY TOWN AGAIN! ;w;

You see, I actually really really liked my previous town buuuut... I was playing as a boy. And that really didn't sit with me well. I stopped playing as often and I didn't make much progress on that town. So I restarted this time as a girl, using my preferred name and everything, and now everything is a-go! And I even got a better map than last time, look:

Re-Tail near the dock? Check. East coast? Check. Well-spaced Town Hall and Town Tree? Check. Good river with south-facing waterfall? Check. It's got, like, everything. Except for a private beach, but ehhh, that's a small sacrifice for such a good town.

I actually started this town December 30th of last year, but I wanted to wait for a map to post about it, and now I have one. :V I've gotten a lot done in that time—much more done in the first month than I did in a few months of my last town! Club LOL opened up and I just saw my first K.K. Slider acoustic show (I got K.K. Adventure!), I've had one upgrade to my Nookling store, Kicks is open, and the salon opened today, so I can finally get rid of my rather ehhh hairdo! (I got on too late today to go there today. x( )

Speaking of my hairdo, here's my character right now:

I really like the beaded shirt/pink PJ bottoms combo. It's super cute. -w-

Also, I got the fireplace through a "bad" fortune cookie. Which seemed like a pretty good deal to me. :B

As you can see, my house is still the smallest it can be, but I'm gonna be upgrading it soon. I don't really have the time for beetle farming right now, but after I graduate, you bet like heck I'll be upgrading my house non-stop.

So yeah, long story short, I restarted my game to make myself more comfortable and got more than I bargained for! :D
Caprizant
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant on 24th January 2016, 3:10 pm

Here's my character right now! As you can see, I got my hair done, and I really really like how it turned out. You can't really see it too well in the screenshot, but it's wrapped up in a neat bun in the back. I like the blue hair in this game, it's just so nice looking, and this hairstyle is a good balance between cool and cute. -w-

While I was on Main Street, I also got the Happiness emotion from Shrunk, which is now my second emotion, after Curiosity. So that's cool too.

And as you can see, I rearranged my house a bit. I wanted to put the zodiac monkey on the modern cabinet, and it looked best in the corner where the bed was, so I put my bed in front of the fireplace instead. And I now have a tall puffoid in the corner, because it's the best gyroid I currently have. :B

But aside from that, I finally did something I've been meaning to do since I upgraded to the T&T Mart: I cleared out my inventory!

I didn't want to accidentally sell anything that I couldn't buy again from the catalog, so I had to wait for the catalog checker machine thing to appear in the store first. After that there was a few weeks of laziness where I didn't have the time to organize my inventory, and then finally today I knuckled down and did it. I made a complete list of items which are orderable from the catalog and items which are not orderable from the catalog. Now I have so much space and money from selling all the stuff I don't need! Dunspach is Glory!

I decided that I should work on a PWP and use any leftover money to pay off any debts I have with Nook, so I'm currently looking for a spot to build the campsite. So I'll be back in a second when I've found that spot.

map for reference:

Alright! I chose a spot on the southern cliff, below the lake near Re-Tail, right near where the western edge of the beach meets the sea. I figured visitors would like a bit of ocean air. :B

I wanted to place it on the opposite bank of the river from my house, near the southern waterfall, but Pecan lives there right now and I do not want to move her out just because I want the campsite there. The day Pecan moves out is the day I cry and I cry and I cry. ;w;

Anyway, I just paid off the campsite and the rest of my Nook loan, so now I'm gonna expand my house a bit. For the gratuitous swinging of elbows, of course~!
Caprizant
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack on 24th January 2016, 8:31 pm

How are you getting screen-captures of your 3DS? (Sorry I've never owned an Animal Crossing game because they never seemed interesting to me, but I do wanna know how to be all hi-teck with my 3DS :I)

Cap'n Jack

Myers-Briggs Type : Someti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant on 24th January 2016, 8:34 pm

New Leaf has a built-in screenshot option, if you press L and R at the same time. From there I just go to the web browser, find my preferred photo-uploading site, and upload from my 3DS camera photos.

I'm not sure what other games have it, but I'm sure there are some. :B
Caprizant
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack on 24th January 2016, 8:38 pm

Damn, I guess it's just Animal Crossing that's on some next-gen 2k16 business. I've seen people on Miiverse posting screen-captures of Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker, which I own, so I'm even more confused now.

Cap'n Jack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant on 24th January 2016, 8:39 pm

Apparently there's a way to do it through Miiverse, but it seems tedious. :B

EDIT: Now that I look at it closer, it's not really that tedious unless you want to take multiple screenshots. You just enter the screen you want into a Miiverse post (with a built-in screenshot taker) and save it on your computer. Some game communities don't allow screenshots, though.
Caprizant
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack on 24th January 2016, 8:46 pm

This is exactly what I was looking for, so thank you. first you find my old avatar and now this, i swear you're like willing these things into existence for me That is extremely convoluted and I don't have much going for me on Miiverse, so I doubt I'll be taking advantage of this, but it's good to know anyway.

Last edited by Caprizant on 24th January 2016, 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I could also point u in the direction of our strike code :I)
Cap'n Jack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caprizant on 24th January 2016, 8:52 pm

You're welcome~ I might actually use it in the future for other games.
Caprizant
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jokool on 24th January 2016, 9:20 pm

@Caprizant wrote:Apparently there's a way to do it through Miiverse, but it seems tedious. :B

EDIT: Now that I look at it closer, it's not really that tedious unless you want to take multiple screenshots. You just enter the screen you want into a Miiverse post (with a built-in screenshot taker) and save it on your computer. Some game communities don't allow screenshots, though.
Interesting...

“Just like a single bullet setting off a world war, despair has the power to throw this world into chaos!”
jokool
Admin

: True Ultimate Despair :

Alignment : Neutral Good

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next