Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crowning moment of awesome

+2
Truthseeker4449
Lief Katano
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Crowning moment of awesome - Page 3 Empty Re: Crowning moment of awesome

Post by Truthseeker4449 23rd October 2014, 7:24 am

So the other day in the shop, we fired up a 1996 Chevy Tahoe with a diesel engine after putting a transmission in it to figure out how much more fluid we needed to add before we could finally give it back to the owner. Well I discovered that it was leaking while we were filling it. So after some heavy sighing, we put it up in the air and found two of the lines had rubbed together and worn through. So that's probably the smoking gun that killed the last transmission.

Then as we start to break up to start fixing that, I notice that the frame was wet in front of the LR wheel where the lift was holding the truck. Turns out that a brake line was rusted through and the rest of them were already in really bad condition. There was a connection in the line just after the leak so we decided to remove only the leaking portion while hopefully not breaking any of the other lines. I went and got WD-40. Two other guys recommended PB Blaster so we used both.

While we wait for one guy to find the correct wrenches and to let the oils soak in, we get to chatting on the topic of assassination. I mentioned that I would send a snail assassin and managed to get the rest of the guys to crack up.

And then later I got the honor of diagnosing the principal's car.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Killer Loli :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th November 2014, 10:20 pm

This is my 100th post for today! Dunspach is Glory!

Man, I've been posting a lot lately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 8th November 2014, 10:39 pm

Keep at it and Lief won't be eternally second any more Evil Laughter
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th November 2014, 10:48 pm

Shhhh.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Katano 8th November 2014, 10:55 pm

If he keeps at it for a few more days when I'm not posting :I
Lief Katano
Lief Katano

: If I had a gil for all the fiends...

Myers-Briggs Type : ~nope~
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 14th November 2014, 5:07 pm

So the other day when my Auto Servicing teacher said to a teacher that he had his best student working on that teacher's van (the same one I've injured myself on twice so far), I kind of brushed it off and half heartily assumed he was talking about me since I was the only one doing work on it at the time.

Today I found out he really did mean I am his best student because I was presented with an award for being the hardest working student in his class. I don't know what my actual grade is, but my teacher has said to the class before that he'll use my work as a benchmark for everyone else. Again, I had assumed he wasn't being truly serious at the time, but I'm starting to believe it now.

I remember in September he called me over to ask me how I had logged more hours and completed more modules on our online training program than anyone else. I responded that I did some of them at the end of last school year when he suggested that if we were done with everything else we could start working on the electrical unit. Apparently I was the only one to have followed that suggestion.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th November 2014, 5:20 pm

Congratulations! Clap, Clap For You!

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 18th February 2015, 8:32 pm

So today I was at a friends house preparing for an upcoming robotics competition. At some point we started goofing a bit in between running programs and I went up stairs to retrieve something. Upon my return, my friend was standing across the room with a Nerf Pistol pointed at me, I quickly drew the little Batman Katana I had tucked in my belt. My friend then taunted me and pulled the trigger. Luckily for me the gun misfired and I charged as my friend rushed to reset the gun. His shot then missed as I swung at him.

Proof you can still bring a Sword to a Gun fight and win.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopon 25th February 2015, 10:29 pm

So for class we're all writing autobiographies and we're also supposed to dwell into our inner most thoughts and how our past has shaped who we are and well...

after nearly pushing myself to tears writing about some stuff I won't share and then moving on to explaining who I am now....this came out:

Me! wrote:I constantly look at who I am and come up with a new definition each time. Perhaps I’m still confused about who exactly I am, or perhaps I am constantly changing, but in the end I always end the thought process by repeating to myself a quote that I modified to fit myself, “Just who the hell do you think I am? I’m Lux, not this or that, but ME! Lux Kihote!” That always snaps me out of whatever identity or role confusion or whatever it is that you want to call it and reminds me that no matter what happens I will remain me, that that is the the best person I can be and to keep charging forwards towards whatever goal or dream I may have at the moment. When I think about my ideal self, what the goal I am chasing after is, I remember the heroes of my youth, the heroes I remember to this very day. Many of them weren’t real people, in fact I doubt many of them could exist as actual people in this world. My heroes were all from shows, comics, books, and video games. My ideal self is like the heroes of those stories I loved, and continue to love to this very day. Strong, confident, kind, loyal, reliable, courageous, and friendly. Those are the ideals I picked up, the ideals I chose as worth following and I will not stop until I reach them. After all, my goals and ideals are as much a part of me as my flesh and blood.

Of course I replaced my name with my Pit Stop name but wow, I am amazed to see that that's how I feel about myself o-o
Nopon
Nopon

: Not a Shark Bully

Myers-Briggs Type : INFP-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12th March 2015, 12:18 am

This is going to sound weird, but I found a set of pics from Deviantart of a girl who, by far, has done one of the best Touko cosplays ever! She's like one of my many PokéCrushShipping fantasies come to life! PURE LOVE

I'd share, buuuut.... There are pics in the gallery (and others she's done) where she's nearly or fully naked... That may be part of the reason why I like this cosplay so much...

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 13th March 2015, 5:09 pm

Remember that Chevy 3500 pickup that someone backed into a car. Well the other week I replaced a brake line in it, maybe I talked about that story. Then I drove it back to the owner, the carpentry teacher.

Well apparently he filled out one of my school's weekly award slips and I won the drawing. Spun the prize wheel, got a $5 gift card to McDonalds.
Truthseeker4449
Truthseeker4449
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3