That moment of sadness when

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: That moment of sadness when

Post by jokool on 17th October 2015, 8:01 pm

That describes my situation almost perfectly Jack. The only difference is that I've never had the confidence to tell any of the three girls I've developed...feelings(?) for that I actually have...feelings(?) for them. All three of them found out from other sources (either our families talking about it, or just from the way I act when I'm around them), and all three times ended with them just completely forgetting/ignoring me...

I know what I need to work on: First, more confidence in myself; Second, focusing on building up a friendship before actually developing... feelings(?) for anyone; Finally, believing that I can be in a relationship and feel ready for one.

♪When you feel you're alone, cut off from this cruel world, your instincts telling you to run
Listen to your heart, those angel voices, they'll see you to you, they'll be your guide
Back home where life leaves us blind, love keeps us kind, it keeps us kind!

When you suffered it all, and your spirit is breaking, you're growing desperate from the fight
Remember your love, and you always will be, this melody will always bring you right back home

When life leaves us blind, love, keeps us kind!
When life leaves us blind, love keeps us kind!♪
jokool
Admin

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T
Alignment : Neutral Good

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack on 17th October 2015, 8:20 pm

It's good to see that you realize what's holding you back. People are attracted to confidence, which rules me out more often than not, heh. Joking aside, it is very difficult to get over feelings of self-doubt because the reason they become so pervasive in the first place, and then refuse to go away, is because more often than not they're logical conclusions, and they're also cyclical. No girl has ever liked me, therefore I have no reason to believe that a girl will ever like me, therefore there's no point in trying. Girls don't like guys who are so jaded that they've stopped trying, therefore girls don't like me, therefore I should stop trying, therefore girls don't like me...

Hopefully some day you and I will both find a reason to be more assured of ourselves and a blue-eyed brunette with waist-length hair and D-size knockers will fall out of the sky and fall in love with me. Until then, I use my frustration as motivation to excel in other areas, such as my school work or my writing which I intend to make a career out of. Only time will tell.

Cap'n Jack

Myers-Briggs Type : Someti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnin' Bunnies on 17th October 2015, 8:44 pm

It's interesting that it feels better when a girl flat out rejects you, because that is actually how the guy mind works usually. From personal experience, I've learned that in order to reject a guy (or let him know I like him) is to be flat out about it--if I am round about about it, he won't quite get the memo, and it only makes the emotional input worse. Girls' minds work a bit differently, in that a softer approach is needed.
I will say that telling a girl that you like her is a little strange, and he girl will most likely think that is awkward and avoid contact (I think I would if that ever happened). I will also say that I understand why you would do that--it does help for both yourself and makes the creepiness level a little lower if you're ever caught looking or soemthing.

For both of you, I'd suggest finding a girl or a small group of girls with similar interests as you and befriend them. Get used to being in a girl's presense and figure out how the mind of a girl may work. Get advise from them if need be for when you are wanting to tell someone you like them and how to go about doing that.

But I don't know. Love is weird. :V
Burnin' Bunnies

: Holy crap. :

Myers-Briggs Type : ISFP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack on 17th October 2015, 9:13 pm

@Burnin' Bunnies wrote:It's interesting that it feels better when a girl flat out rejects you, because that is actually how the guy mind works usually. From personal experience, I've learned that in order to reject a guy (or let him know I like him) is to be flat out about it--if I am round about about it, he won't quite get the memo, and it only makes the emotional input worse.

A million times, this! It's a million times better to be on no uncertain terms, at least with guys who are insecure and prone to making wild self-sabotaging conclusions like me.

Girls' minds work a bit differently, in that a softer approach is needed.
I will say that telling a girl that you like her is a little strange, and he girl will most likely think that is awkward and avoid contact (I think I would if that ever happened). I will also say that I understand why you would do that--it does help for both yourself and makes the creepiness level a little lower if you're ever caught looking or soemthing.

Now this is where it gets confusing for me. Isn't it considered wimpy to dance around the issue? Although come to think of it, it's most likely better to "woo" a girl before broaching the topic of romance, and maybe I'm too early to get it out of the way because I've lost hope of ever being successful in that regard, so that's all I see it as, "getting it out of the way". I suppose I can see what you're saying now.

For both of you, I'd suggest finding a girl or a small group of girls with similar interests as you and befriend them. Get used to being in a girl's presense and figure out how the mind of a girl may work. Get advise from them if need be for when you are wanting to tell someone you like them and how to go about doing that.

But I don't know. Love is weird. :V

I'm way ahead of you there. Like I said, making friends is really easy for me. I have plenty of friends who lack Y chromosomes, some of which I've even leaned on for moral support. In a way, though, it's another thing that frustrates me; I can be really good friends with girls, but not a single one of them has ever wanted to be anything more. At this point, I have in my mind a combination of desperation and hopelessness.
Cap'n Jack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess on 17th October 2015, 10:42 pm

I have many opinions and experiences with this topic, but I feel like my comments would be scalding, unintentionally offensive, and ruin the spirit of the conversation, and so I shall whip out my magical wand and fly away Dark Magic Wink!

on neopets
Princess

Myers-Briggs Type : INTJ-A
Alignment : Lawful Neutral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack on 17th October 2015, 11:16 pm

Dark Magician Girl wrote:I have many opinions and experiences with this topic, but I feel like my comments would be scalding, unintentionally offensive, and ruin the spirit of the conversation, and so I shall whip out my magical wand and fly away Dark Magic Wink!

No uncertain terms, I said! If you're gonna roast then roast Fancy Eater
Cap'n Jack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jokool on 18th October 2015, 12:47 am

And then we shall feed on roasted Jack! :9

♪When you feel you're alone, cut off from this cruel world, your instincts telling you to run
Listen to your heart, those angel voices, they'll see you to you, they'll be your guide
Back home where life leaves us blind, love keeps us kind, it keeps us kind!

When you suffered it all, and your spirit is breaking, you're growing desperate from the fight
Remember your love, and you always will be, this melody will always bring you right back home

When life leaves us blind, love, keeps us kind!
When life leaves us blind, love keeps us kind!♪
jokool
Admin

Myers-Briggs Type : INFJ-T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'n Jack on 18th October 2015, 9:35 am

I taste like chicken.

Cap'n Jack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 on 18th October 2015, 2:42 pm

But if we pour lots of sauces on you then you'll taste much better!

Truthseeker4449
Admin

: Goddess of Sadism :

Myers-Briggs Type : INTP-T
Alignment : Chaotic Good

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess on 18th October 2015, 7:11 pm

Honey mustard, please.

on neopets
Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 on 18th October 2015, 7:29 pm

Now taking reservations for specific parts of the roast.

Truthseeker4449
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess on 18th October 2015, 9:06 pm

I'll take the part with the tastiest skin.

on neopets
Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 on 18th October 2015, 9:12 pm

Alright.

Truthseeker4449
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess on 18th October 2015, 9:16 pm

What about you?

on neopets
Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthseeker4449 on 18th October 2015, 9:17 pm

I'm thinking an arm or a leg, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

Truthseeker4449
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next